PDA

View Full Version : Inwood Hill Park September 23

crabby
08-28-2007, 07:09 AM
I am hosting a photo tour of Inwood Hill Park in Manhattan on Sunday, September 23, 2007. Group meets at 10:00 A.M. at the corner of Indian Road and W218 Street. Latecomers can catch up with us inside the park as we will be there for about four hours. Plenty of scenic vistas, wildlife, rock formations, trains, boats, etc. Explore a section of the city that most NY'ers have never seen. Ample and safe street parking available, or take the "A" or "1" train. Send me a PM for more information. Attached image taken August 16, 2007.

David A. Goldfarb
08-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Since moving up to Washington Heights a few weeks ago, I've been going up to the Greenmarket in Inwood (Isham and Seaman) regularly on Saturdays. I'll try to make it.

gr82bart
08-28-2007, 07:31 AM
I've penciled this in and will try to make it too.

Regards, Art.

sionnac
08-29-2007, 12:22 PM
I used to live at 193rd and Bennett Ave (across from the A train). Miss it greatly. Will look forward to the park images!

highpeak
08-29-2007, 01:52 PM
I will try to make it.

crabby
08-30-2007, 09:04 PM
I will try to make it.

If you guys don't send me a PM as requested, nothing will "develop".

David A. Goldfarb
09-01-2007, 12:28 PM
I had a chance to walk around a bit in the park today, just in the developed area around the ballfields, while taking a break from shopping at the farmers' market (and giving Melchi a chance to go on the swings), and it looks like a really nice location with lots of water, wooded areas, and some great views.

crabby
09-04-2007, 05:57 AM
I had a chance to walk around a bit in the park today, just in the developed area around the ballfields, while taking a break from shopping at the farmers' market (and giving Melchi a chance to go on the swings), and it looks like a really nice location with lots of water, wooded areas, and some great views.

I don't think you were near my favorite locations. One stop will be the area of the Indian Caves. It is shady, requires a wide lens and time exposure. We will also scale the high trail for a look at the Harlem and Hudson Rivers.

David A. Goldfarb
09-04-2007, 06:53 AM
No probably not. We were mainly in the neighborhood for the Greenmarket and had a short walk around. We went back for a picnic yesterday, but still didn't get to explore very much in the forested area of the park yet.

Jersey Vic
09-04-2007, 07:17 AM
I wish I could make it. This is a great idea and a wonderful area.
That's a great image btw. I know this spot pretty well. Memories of some late night keg parties held there in the early 80's are coming back to me. It was/is hard to believe you're in Manhattan.

David A. Goldfarb
09-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Yes, we did pass by that spot where the photograph above was taken, and it's a great view.

highpeak
09-19-2007, 09:24 PM
ok, got the email. I will be there

crabby
09-22-2007, 07:46 AM
Weather will be perfect tomorrow!

I will be at the park entrance as early as 9:30 A.M. I'm an ugly tall guy wearing a black hat with a gray Tenba bag on my shoulder. Might be lugging a Bogen tripod. Still haven't decided on which cameras to bring.

I would recommend bringing snacks or lunch, plus a bottle or two of water.
There a great deli on W218 near Broadway. That's the place I usually load up on goodies before I enter the park.