PDA

View Full Version : So, who wants to do the instant print 'postcard' exchange again?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Samuel Hotton
10-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Hmmm ... so far most of us have been slapping a stamp on the back of the Polaroid and most have been arriving to their recipients - except, it seems the ones heading to Nicole in Australia.

Seems to be hit and miss.

Now you could just throw the Polaroid in a envelope and send that, if you wish. No biggie.

So, you in? I hope so.

Regards, Art.

I sent mine "naked" as I thought we were doing postcards and not exchanging letters. Considering the quantity of postcards WE are sending out, WE will find out if this method of sending a postcard internationally is viable or not. The site "Polaroid Postcard" seems to give one the idea that it works fine. I for one, STILL have not gotton the two that I sent to MINN. and back to MD. using the naked method.
I personally would like to see all cards sent naked as postcards for this exchange, AS WAS SUGGESTED FROM THE START. We will know the numbers sent and the numbers received, and once and for all know if the instant post card is possible.
I think that if one pays full postage (letter rate not postcard rate) to cover extra handling, that it would almost be "tampering with the mail" for postal workers to throw away private mail. They may not like it, they may discourage it, but to throw it away, I don't know about that.
I vote to stamp them and send them, be done with it.
Sam H.

Nicole
10-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Well I'm very pleased to announce that slowly but surely I've received polaroids with stamps slapped on from Winger, um not sure... no name but yellow sign on coast, the banana, wine bottles and Dianna. Enclosed in an envelope were from umm not sure, blurry illustrative face, and lavender by Alex Hawley. I love the stamp on polaroid, so please no need to change. I'm enjoying this very much. Thank you!

gr82bart
10-16-2007, 11:46 AM
um not sure... no name but yellow sign on coast, Yeah! That's me! It made it through. :D

OK, well this has decided my path then. Stamp on the back - throw it in the mail. Envelope be damend! :o

Regards, Art.

Black Dog
10-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Sent prints to Nicole & Andrew on monday.

Akki14
10-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Have sent all mine out this evening at normal letter rate.

winger
10-17-2007, 09:09 PM
I shot mine, but am elsewhere and will send them when I get back to PA.

TheFlyingCamera
10-18-2007, 06:44 AM
I got my first one today, from Mr. Hotton. Fuddruckers at night.

keeds
10-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Received my first this morning from Heather (Akki14). Thanks. Addressed on small white border on front and single stamp on back. I'm surprised (and glad) that it got here. Have confidence just to chuck my Instax prints in the post now. Will finish off "snaps" this weekend and send them on their way...

Akki14
10-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Whoa cool! That's as fast as normal 1st Class post too! I hope the rest make it to their destinations - those higher denomination stamps for sending abroad are just lick-and-stick. They seemed to stick on the back alright, though.
Also, I love my 0.005mm tipped pen ;) My husband says I'm doing the old poor-eyesighted posties a disservice!

thebanana
10-22-2007, 07:19 PM
Mine are finally done and will be in the mail tomorrow:)

Alex Hawley
10-22-2007, 08:26 PM
I attempted to do mine yesterday only to discover I have a light leak some where in my rig. Said light leak twasn't there two weeks ago! So unless ya'll want a rather cosmic-looking light saber slash going diametrically from corner to corner of the frame, I'll try again next weekend. After fixing the leak, of course.

kraker
10-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Mine are taken, scribbled on and stamped. All that's needed now is for me to take a walk to the nearest post box (taking the prints with me on the way).
So, they should be in the mail soon!

rkmiec
10-23-2007, 07:07 PM
i shot mine and need to mail them but my cats chewed on the corners of some.i am sending them anyways since polaroid is expensive.they are not to bad just letting you all know.

TheFlyingCamera
10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm shooting mine now- they'll be going out by next weekend.

Peter Williams
10-24-2007, 08:51 AM
I put mine in the mail today.

gr82bart
10-24-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm going to do a switch. I'm going to give you guys the 4x5 Type 59 or 79 prints and use the others one's I shot with 600 film for the BIG postcard exchange. ETA out this weekend.

Regards, Art.

kraker
10-26-2007, 07:42 AM
The first one made it across the big pond: I received a nice and colourful image from Sam Hotton today; thanks!

TheFlyingCamera
10-26-2007, 08:42 AM
I've been on hold with my shooting- I have about 2/3 done, and then it started raining on Tuesday night, and hasn't stopped yet. Don't want to take the polaroid out in the rain, as it will always use the flash even on shots I don't want it for.

Pete H
10-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Received my first one today - a good abstract 5 from Jacco de Kraker. Thanks!

Mine should be going out on Monday.

keithwms
10-26-2007, 09:44 AM
I got one from Sam H, thanks! That was quick!

I haven't shot mine yet, sorry..... will do it soon.