PDA

View Full Version : So, who wants to do the instant print 'postcard' exchange again?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

kraker
01-22-2008, 01:30 PM
I received rkmiec's print yesterday - great colours!

Thanks.
Pete

Received rkmiec's print today; nice one, thanks!

rkmiec
01-22-2008, 08:21 PM
i received prints from sam,beth,jacco and the banana good ones from all. i am not discouraged for the next round and hope it happens in the near future.

thebanana
01-25-2008, 04:12 PM
Got rkmiec's print today!

winger
01-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Got rkmiec's print today!

I got his a few days ago - looks great!

MartinB
01-27-2008, 01:11 PM
OK people, this second round is dying a silent death. I think I got 5 postcards out of 7. Others? Let's all post updates. Thanks.

Regards, Art.

I've been bad for being so late and apologize to group 1. Polaroid at -22 C is possible but takes some doing!

I have finally mailed the prints to Akki14, gr82bart, Alex Hawley, Black Dog, Nicole, keeds, Peter Williams. Hope I am not banished in future exchanges!
Hope the post office gets them to you soon.

Martin

Black Dog
01-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks for letting us know Martin-that just leaves 1 print from Nicole.

Akki14
02-04-2008, 03:23 AM
I received Martin's print today, but it was in a plastic bag because it got folded over at some point and nearly ripped in two! :( It's very pretty anyway...

MartinB
02-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I received Martin's print today, but it was in a plastic bag because it got folded over at some point and nearly ripped in two! :( It's very pretty anyway...

Probably the sorting machines because I noticed the Fuji film had a bit of a curve to it. I will put up a scan so you can see what it should look like. Strange that Canada Post can get a letter to England faster than it can deliver a letter within Calgary!

The prints (except for Alec's) were taken at -22 C so a challenge to develop. After each shot, I removed the polaroid back from the 4x5, ran to the car, started it, pulled the print, and tossed it on the dashboard with the windscreen heater on full blast. Figuring the print went from frozen to somewhere near + 35 C, I just guessed at the time before peeling. That Fuji instant print film is tough!

Thanks again for your print which came undamaged.

Martin

Nicole
02-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm waaay late getting mine out!! But they're definitely on their way!!! :)

Black Dog
02-04-2008, 05:09 PM

gr82bart
02-04-2008, 08:03 PM
I got Martin's 'instant' postcard attached to a 'real' postcard last week. Very cool! Thanks Martin.

Regards, Art.

Nicole
02-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Hey guess what! I finally got my prints off to you all today. Just be sure I stuck them in envelopes. I hope you enjoy them. Again, sorry for the delay.

jgcull
02-05-2008, 09:32 AM

kraker
02-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Getting back to the title of this whole thread... ;)

With the (alleged? I'm still hoping against all hopes that it's just the press misunderstanding/misquoting the people at Polaroid...) end of Polaroid now announced, maybe it's time to do a few more instant print 'postcard' exchanges? Even if the current one isn't completely finished yet, my hands are itching to go shooting for the next round. I want to shoot Polaroid and show it to "the world" (or at least: a selected group of APUGers) while it lasts!

Art and all others, what do you think?

Alex Hawley
02-11-2008, 01:22 PM
With the (alleged? I'm still hoping against all hopes that it's just the press misunderstanding/misquoting the people at Polaroid...) end of Polaroid now announced,

Don't think there is anything alleged about it this time. Its the real deal. That takes me out of this print exchange. Its been fun and I was looking forward to another round, but suddenly, I've gotten very selfish with my Polaroid. My humble apologies for being so self centered.

I just dropped big bucks to get two boxes of 809 8x10. I will no doubt hate myself in the morning. :confused:

Akki14
02-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Alex, have you tried Fuji's FP100C/B stuff? It could be an alternative for the print exchange anyway... Maybe I'll do that for the next exchange except my pullapart polaroid camera isn't 4x5, it's whatever you call the size smaller than that (medium format?). Strange fact, I've never used colour Polaroid film for that camera, always used FP100C (silk and glossy. I think I vastly prefer glossy; weird texture pattern to the 'silk'.) or FP100B(glossy) or polaroid 667 so far.
I don't wanna use my 600 film either *hugs her small pile of twinpacks*

Alex Hawley
02-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Alex, have you tried Fuji's FP100C/B stuff?

Oh yeah! Forgot about that. Thanks Heather. Too much Polaroid on the brain lately.

Alex Hawley
02-11-2008, 07:52 PM
After thinking about it a bit, I'm going to sit out on the next round. I have started a new project, converting a Polaroid 110a/b roll film camera into a hand-held 4x5. If I'm successful, I will be able to use my packfilm holders on it. Hoo-Hah!

kraker
02-12-2008, 02:49 AM
Don't think there is anything alleged about it this time. Its the real deal.

I know... I was just in denial, I guess... ;)

Reading the announcement about the closure of the Dutch plant in the newspaper this morning finally made it real for me...

And while I was reading that, there was a reporter on the Dutch radio visiting a Polaroid photographer, also talking about the oncoming closure. It's everywhere now. Quoting Metallica: Sad but true.

Still, I would love to do one more round of the instant print exchange.

gr82bart
02-12-2008, 07:02 AM
Art and all others, what do you think?Let's do it. If we're going out, we're going blazing. No whining and complaining from me. :D New thread started ...

Regards, Art.