PDA

View Full Version : Alt Exchange Round 6 - Jan 2008

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

colrehogan
01-15-2008, 11:46 AM
I've sent mine this afternoon. Hopefully they'll arrive soon (within the week?).

I am so glad you sent this. I remembered to print out my print descriptions so I can get my prints sent out this week. Not today though, I have a dentist appointment. :rolleyes:

Akki14
01-15-2008, 12:13 PM
I am so glad you sent this. I remembered to print out my print descriptions so I can get my prints sent out this week. Not today though, I have a dentist appointment. :rolleyes:

Is that an excuse? ;) It's my birthday today and I still made time for you guys! :D oh well didn't have anything better planned.

Hey I was wondering what the deal is with the little description/letters. Everyone seems to print their's out. Am I a weirdo for writing mine out neatly?

philldresser
01-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Is that an excuse? ;) It's my birthday today and I still made time for you guys! :D oh well didn't have anything better planned.

Hey I was wondering what the deal is with the little description/letters. Everyone seems to print their's out. Am I a weirdo for writing mine out neatly?

Happy Birthday Heather !!!

Phill

Akki14
01-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks Phill :)

colrehogan
01-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Thanks Phill :)

Happy belated Birthday, Heather!

Yes, the dentist is an excuse because by the time I got home from the dentist, the post office was closed. :o :D However, at least I addressed the boxes last night. I am planning to get my prints in the mail today.

colrehogan
01-17-2008, 06:46 AM
I took my prints to the post office yesterday and they are on their way. Hope you like them when you get them.

philldresser
01-18-2008, 01:42 PM
To all in my group

I have still not managed to get my prints done, hopefully this weekend. Sincere apologies

Phill

colrehogan
01-19-2008, 10:32 AM
I received Heather's print yesterday. Thanks so much! I like your choice of paper, it's very unusual and I like how it makes the image look nothing like a cyanotype. Well done! :D

Akki14
01-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Wow that was quick. You're always the first one to get my prints :D Glad that you like it so much. Just as a warning, I was thinking the other day that the reason why people don't use that sort of paper is that it's not been tested for lightfastness... the cyanotype might hold up better than the paper does.

sly
01-20-2008, 07:06 AM
I got my prints into the mail on Friday. I also received Heather's unusual cyanotype the same day. The biggest problem with print exchanges (and APUG as a whole!) is that they make me want to branch out and try other things - and I'm not yet close to mastering the stuff I have the cameras/film/paper/chemicals for! What I need is to win the lottery so I won't have to bother earning a living and can just work on my many half-finished/half-baked projects. (Note to self - why have you never bought a lottery ticket?)
Sly

Akki14
01-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Don't worry, I've not mastered anything yet either. I just dabble a lot. It's my usual style :D I already have gum printing lined up as the next thing for me to try. I have nearly all the materials I need; it's just bits and pieces (getting proper pipettes and not using straws as droppers like I do with cyanotypes, some sort of mixing dish, dustmask for extra protection when mixing the dichromate, etc) I need to get together now. I have the basic ingredients & paper.
On the plus side, cyanotypes are pretty cheap to get into and prefer cheaper acidic papers than some alt processes. I'm still using the original 100ml of each solution I mixed up last April. There was a little mould on Solution A but a disposible wooden chopstick fished that out easily and I haven't had a problem with mould since then. Bit odd.

toddstew
01-21-2008, 11:53 AM
I recieved a wonderful print from Anke, and I printed my stuff yesterday, so I will get my stuff in the mail this week.
Todd

FredW
01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Just received a wonderful cyanotype from Heather today, thank you.

I have also just begun experimenting with cyanotype myself. The printing out process is somewhat different from what I am used to, but learning.

Akki14
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Just received a wonderful cyanotype from Heather today, thank you.

I have also just begun experimenting with cyanotype myself. The printing out process is somewhat different from what I am used to, but learning.

With the colour paper, it's basically impossible to expose by inspection. Plus I'm only using an 8x10 contact proofer so not split-back anyway (and my only splitback frames are medium format sized) so I do testprints, covering up part of the frame and moving it along like you'd normally do, in 2minute increments for my UV facial tanning unit. That one took about a 4 minutes exposure.

FredW
01-23-2008, 08:38 PM
Just received Lillian's Platinum/Palladium print today. A lovely image of weathered roots, great detail, its a little jewel. Thank you.

I like the paper, is this the cold press surface? I had picked up some recently, to try with cyanotype, but mine has a very smooth surface.

FredW
01-23-2008, 08:40 PM
With the colour paper, it's basically impossible to expose by inspection. Plus I'm only using an 8x10 contact proofer so not split-back anyway (and my only splitback frames are medium format sized) so I do testprints, covering up part of the frame and moving it along like you'd normally do, in 2minute increments for my UV facial tanning unit. That one took about a 4 minutes exposure.

Thanks, very interesting. Sometimes you need to see other people's work, especially in the alt. processes, because it can lead to you exploring new avenues of expression.

UKJohn
01-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Carl, Geoff and Rory,

My apologies for the delay but I have now posted my prints to you all. I hope you enjoy and they servive the postal service!

Also, Carl & Geoff many thanks for the wonderful prints which you forwarded. Carl, yours was very thought provoking, well seen and I can imagine this as part of a series of images. Geoff, I just loved the glow and shine you achieved, plus the format was perfect.

Cheers John

Akki14
01-25-2008, 02:41 PM
I received Lillian's and Diane's prints yesterday. They're lovely, thank you :) Lillian's is neat - my husband commented it looked like a woodblock printing. Diane's is quite interesting. I like derelict scenes like that.

colrehogan
01-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Lillian's print was waiting for me when I got home last night. I like all the detail that you've captured in the roots and the hidden bricks. I even see something that looks like an eye looking out at me! How cool!

philldresser
01-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Good News. I managed to print my overdue prints last night and will try mount etc and get them off this week.

Cheers

Phill

PS Its a moody kallitype