PDA

View Full Version : UK Print Exchange 9

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jon Butler
10-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi,
I am now back from Greece and have received a print from Steve Smith,
thanks for your efforts Steve and I do like the border.
I will post a print on Monday
JON.

Dave Miller
10-20-2007, 01:34 PM
It's in the post.

:)

Uncomfortable:confused:

mikeg
10-20-2007, 04:52 PM
I came home today to a beautiful print from Mikeg. It looks like you put a lot of work into this Mike.
Brian

Thanks Brian. Glad you liked it.

Cheers

Mike

mikeg
10-20-2007, 04:53 PM
my print sent today - hopefully missed the industrial action

Received a lovely print from Leon today. pm sent.

Cheers

Mike

Steve Smith
10-21-2007, 03:53 AM
I am now back from Greece and have received a print from Steve Smith,
thanks for your efforts Steve and I do like the border.

Thanks.

If anyone is wondering about the comment on the border, the picture is here: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=28663&cat=500&ppuser=12229

My enlarger (LPL 6700) only came with 35mm negative holder. I am too much of a cheapskate to buy new holders for the three 120 formats I use but I do have a CNC router at work so I used this to make some new holders. Unlike the 'proper' holder though, My holders have a thick base (about 3/8") and this thickness under the negative seems to cause a little bit of diffusion and/or reflection around the edges. Usually it is cropped out and causes no problems but sometimes it seems right to leave it in. Especially on square images for some reason.

Steve.

Dave Miller
10-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I received my print from Sandeha today, a timely memento of our recent meeting in Canterbury; a fine study of rope work on a Thames Barge Lee Board, and extremely well printed as well.

simulatordan
10-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Hello JON@jb-ci,

Your print arrived this morning. Thank you very much for a fantastic print. I see that I still have a lot to learn. Thank again.

Regards Daniel

simulatordan
10-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Hello All,

My print is in the Post

Regards Daniel

Dave Miller
10-25-2007, 01:14 PM
I've posted my print this afternoon.

Leon
10-27-2007, 05:25 AM
my print from simulatordan arrived today - thanks very muchly!

unhinged
10-27-2007, 11:16 AM
I got my post this morning from Graham, thanks very much, really lovely.

Rob Archer
10-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Just recieved a beautiful print from Dave Miller. Mine's going out Monday

Rob

Dave Miller
10-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Nice to know it got there.

Paul.
10-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi Brian, just found this thread and was wondering when round 10 will be held?
Also should prints be mounted, what's normal for folks to do. I ask as I would like to participate in the next round if I can find the thread in time.

Regards Paul.

Brian Jeffery
10-29-2007, 08:35 AM
that's it, my print was posted at lunch time today.

Brian

Brian Jeffery
10-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi Brian, just found this thread and was wondering when round 10 will be held?
Also should prints be mounted, what's normal for folks to do. I ask as I would like to participate in the next round if I can find the thread in time.

Regards Paul.

Paul, I'll kick off round ten at the beginning of November. I'll put a link to the new thread at the end of this one, just in case you miss it.

As to mounting the print or not, the choice is yours. However, I've yet to send or receive a mounted print, if that makes your decision easier.

Brian

unhinged
10-30-2007, 04:50 PM
I must apologise for not getting my print out just yet. I've got the photo and I've made lots of prints but just not the right print. Some FB paper arrived this morning so I'm going to try one last time this week (hopefully tomorrow) and then I'll send something off. Having received two nice prints in the post this week I'm a bit nervous about sending something out that pales in comparison. Very much the beginner here, sorry.

Dave Miller
10-30-2007, 04:58 PM
I must apologise for not getting my print out just yet. I've got the photo and I've made lots of prints but just not the right print. Some FB paper arrived this morning so I'm going to try one last time this week (hopefully tomorrow) and then I'll send something off. Having received two nice prints in the post this week I'm a bit nervous about sending something out that pales in comparison. Very much the beginner here, sorry.

Stop worrying, you are supposed to be enjoying this. :)

GFDarlington
10-31-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi Guys - its that time of the month and no sign of a print from anybody yet? Am I the forgotten man?

:(

Steve Smith
10-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Mine's going out Monday

And it arrived on Tuesday.

Very nice, Thanks.

Steve.