PDA

View Full Version : Night out in Dublin on 12th Oct.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Dinesh
10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I am staying in the Temple Bar area. I heard that was the place to be. :p

Fintan
10-02-2007, 03:10 PM
I am staying in the Temple Bar area. I heard that was the place to be. :p

A lot of the Temple Bar pubs are very touristy which is cool but if you fancy drinking in a pub with a lot of Irish, try the palace bar for a creamy pint of plain [guinness]

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/palacebar.html

What kind of stuff do you like to shoot?

thefizz
10-09-2007, 03:20 AM
I've arranged with Dinesh to start the pub crawl, sorry I mean the night out, at his hotel (Blooms Hotel, Temple Bar) at 8pm on Friday. I think most of you have my mobile number incase you are late but pm me if you haven't got it.

Síle
10-09-2007, 05:37 PM
I've arranged with Dinesh to start the pub crawl, sorry I mean the night out, at his hotel (Blooms Hotel, Temple Bar) at 8pm on Friday. I think most of you have my mobile number incase you are late but pm me if you haven't got it.

I've been in training for the night... So I should be able to walk as well as crawl..
See you Friday :D

Síle

melball
10-10-2007, 02:25 AM
This sounds like like it's shaping up to be a good night out, I'm sorry I'll be missing it. You can think of me as I'm revising for next weeks job interviews! (although I'm sure I'll make it down the road for one or three and raise a pint to you!).

Mel

dferrie
10-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Peter, Dinesh & Síle,

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to make it tomorrow night as something has come up at short notice that I need to do.

Sorry about this, hope you have a good night.

David

billschwab
10-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Dinesh and crew... I'm guessing the drinking is commencing about now?

:)

Bob Carnie
10-12-2007, 04:24 PM
My guess is Dinesh is flat on his face and the Irish folks are toasting him.

Dinesh and crew... I'm guessing the drinking is commencing about now?

:)

jd callow
10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Raise a pint for us!

Fintan
10-12-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm getting texts, the guinness is flowing in Blooms Hotel. No injuries reported at this time.

Fintan
10-12-2007, 05:06 PM
My guess is Dinesh is flat on his face and the Irish folks are toasting him.

Text Update #2

thefizz says you are right Bob, he cant handle his beer :D

thefizz
10-13-2007, 03:38 AM
Poor Dinish, at one stage I thought I'd have to get him a straw to finish his pint. :rolleyes:

Síle
10-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Poor Dinish, at one stage I thought I'd have to get him a straw to finish his pint. :rolleyes:

But he battled on bravely...
When I left him he was still going strong and had a pint in each hand..
I think Ireland's Guinness supplies are seriously depleted after last night... but it was a good one :D

Síle

thefizz
10-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Oh I forgot to say happy birthday Síle. Being the gentleman that I am, I won't mention the milestone you have reached :)

Bob Carnie
10-13-2007, 08:19 AM
To all our friends , that had to endure the evening with Dinesh, I humbly apologize on behalf of all decent Canadians for any inappropriate statements he may have made or silly/rude attemps at humour.
We Canadians are a decent lot and though we did try to warn you I hope he has not ruined Canadas place in Global pecking order of decent people.
Please send him back to us, it really is our problem and we will take care of him, the first step will be to go to the Schwab Clinic in Northern Michigan to be put on a wimpy american beer intraveanus, slowly we will be able to let him back into our decent and good society.
Again I do apologize , we could not stop him as our laws are not strong enough , therefore you had to endure our hidden shame.
Bob

thefizz
10-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks Bob, it was a tough job listening to Dinish for the night but someone had to do it. I'm just thankful he didn't start into that bottle of Poteen he spoke of. :o

Peter

Síle
10-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Gee thanks Peter.. how sweet of you to remember that :p

Bob.. as Peter said, it was a tough job but someone had to do it.. I'd say weaning him off the Guinness might be a tougher job than the Schwab clinic is capable of.. But you'll have to start somewhere.

Síle

(Also thanking her lucky stars that we didn't let the Poteen come out...)

Dinesh
10-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Well, I made it back safe and sound. A big thank you to Sheila and Peter for being patient with my inability to drink. Having said that, the company was fantastic and the Guinness was magic. Thanks to Fintan for providing us with a round of drinks. Totally unnecessary, but very much appreciated. Anyone who gets a chance, pay a visit to Ireland. You will be hard pressed to find more hospitible people anywhere on the planet.

Thanks again to all.

billschwab
10-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Welcome Dinesh! It is good to have you back. The continent is in balance once again and the clinic is open and awaiting your arrival.

thefizz
10-16-2007, 03:13 AM
Thanks to Fintan for providing us with a round of drinks. Totally unnecessary, but very much appreciated.

That reminds me, Fintan you owe me €20 :D