PDA

View Full Version : Night out in Dublin on 12th Oct.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

thefizz
10-16-2007, 05:36 AM
It was great to meet you Dinesh. Glad you had a good time and made it home safely. We must continue the session in Toronto sometime :)

Bob Carnie
10-16-2007, 06:23 AM
We would love for you to come to Toronto, but you will definately be surprised at how nice and interesting we Canadians really are, once again I apologize about the Dinesh thing.

It was great to meet you Dinesh. Glad you had a good time and made it home safely. We must continue the session in Toronto sometime :)

Síle
10-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Oops yes... where's my manners, thanks for the drink Fintan.. I was still in recovery from The Fizz buying the first drink when he went and bought another.. luckily he quickly added that it was from you, otherwise I'd have hit the floor for sure :rolleyes:
Welcome home Dinesh, it was great to get to meet you both, and we'll definitely have to have a Canadian session sometime, teach you guys how to drink propery for once and for all :D

Síle

Fintan
10-16-2007, 04:35 PM
We would love for you to come to Toronto, but you will definately be surprised at how nice and interesting we Canadians really are, once again I apologize about the Dinesh thing.

Hey Bob, dont rule us out from hosting an APUG conference here ourselves, when ye guys are finished hosting them that is ;) I really hope Dinish remembers some of it so he can recommend lol

You're welcome Sile, I hope mr fizz kept the receipt, he'd do anything for another lens for his new Mamiya 7 and cant be trusted :D:D:D

Bob Carnie
10-16-2007, 05:09 PM
This idea has been floating in my mind about an APUG conference in Europe, John Callow and I are completely on board with any help with our experience with APUG 1 and now our involvement with Foto 3.
I have spoken to Sean about this and we are definately considering approaching a few groups in Europe and Asia to start considering the APUG Olympics.
We do have the framework completely laid out and with our international scope I see no reason of moving a conference around every two or three years. I would do this in a heartbeat.
What a way to visit your wonderful country .

Hey Bob, dont rule us out from hosting an APUG conference here ourselves, when ye guys are finished hosting them that is ;) I really hope Dinish remembers some of it so he can recommend lol

You're welcome Sile, I hope mr fizz kept the receipt, he'd do anything for another lens for his new Mamiya 7 and cant be trusted :D:D:D

thefizz
10-17-2007, 06:16 AM

Shhhhh Fintan, don't mention the Mamiya 7. My wife could be watching.

Fintan
10-17-2007, 02:48 PM
This idea has been floating in my mind about an APUG conference in Europe.

If/when this happens we'd be only too glad to discuss this further with ye guys.

thebanana
11-09-2007, 07:47 PM
If anyone in Dublin is interested in seeing a great concert in early December, you might want to check this out:

http://www.marygauthier.com/site.php?em3056=190494_-1__0_~0_-1_11_2007_0_0&content=tour

She's is an incredible singer songwriter from Louisiana. Some of her songs will break your heart.

J

thefizz
11-12-2007, 04:36 AM
Hi banana man, what sort of stuff does this lady do? I love live performances but know nothing about her. What other performers would she be similar to?

Peter

thefizz
11-12-2007, 04:56 AM
I just listened to a few songs on the Jukebox on her web site. Sounds like my kinda music, I'm there.

Thanks for the link.
Peter

Dinesh
11-12-2007, 07:47 AM
I just listened to a few songs on the Jukebox on her web site. Sounds like my kinda music, I'm there.

Thanks for the link.
Peter

Peter, don't encourage him. The dude's a lunatic! :p

By the way, I hope you were all able to learn as much from Les as I did.

Cheers!

Dinesh

thefizz
11-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Peter, don't encourage him. The dude's a lunatic! :p

Dinesh

Ah yea, I hadn't noticed he was Canadian ;)

thefizz
11-12-2007, 08:42 AM
By the way, I hope you were all able to learn as much from Les as I did.

Dinesh

Ah Dinesh, my head is suffering from information overload. The man is just incredible. Not only is he a great photographer but also a great story teller. It was the best weekend I have had in years.

thebanana
11-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Her stuff is hard to describe, sort of roots/folk/southern hurtin' music. She's from Louisiana, has traveled the world and sings from her heart.