PDA

View Full Version : Wasted sheets of 12x20 (and may be 8x20 or 11x14)?

walter23
09-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Does anybody here have a sheet of 12x20 film that's been, for whatever reason (other than punctures, tears, or crumpling), ruined? A friend is building a film holder for a home built camera and needs a sheet to check the dimensions and test loading in the holder during development and building. He'd also appreciate an 8x20 and 11x14 sheets if anybody has those, for reducing film holder construction.

Please let me know; I'll cover shipping and any other costs you might have (a mailing tube or whatever).

All we need is a nice flat sheet that hasn't been damaged in any way, except obviously for the photographic content. Brand or type shouldn't matter so long as it's of the real commecial sheet dimensions.

Dave Wooten
09-26-2007, 06:10 PM
Walter, would nt it be the same thickness as say a 4 x 5 sheet, or 5 x 7 since they are cut from the same roll>

walter23
09-26-2007, 06:15 PM
It's not just the thickness, he wants to have a whole sheet to check the mechanics of loading the holders, make sure film fits flat and doesn't sag, etc.

Will pay whatever seems reasonable.

walter23
09-26-2007, 07:05 PM
I just put an ad up in classifieds though I suspect it's more likely someone will notice it here. If the double post bothers a moderator or anything feel free to delete this and accept my apologies.

PHOTOTONE
09-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Sheet film is not "exactly" the nominal size it is marked as. In other words, a 4x5 sheet of film is not quite 4x5 inches, etc., so to construct holders one really does need real camera film to get the dimensions correct. Just cutting a piece of material to exactly 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, etc, will result in incorrect dimensions, when "real" film is used.