PDA

View Full Version : how lucky can one get???

gandolfi
10-10-2007, 10:00 AM
hi all

just wanted to share a strange story from my little life..

as some of you know, I have a weakness for the awesome GANDOLFI camera.

And I am blessed to have two of these cameras.
one 8x10 and onr full plate stereo (!!)

then I got this HUGE lens.. (another story...) and didn't quite know what camera to put it on..
talked to one of my students about, and mentioned that I had this 30x40cm camera standing in my hall way..

it was a nice camera, but with unknown maker (the name is hardly visible, as the holder for the front plate had been expanded so it covers the name..

my student was qurious and then persuaded me to take off the wodden list, so we could see ehat the name was on that camera..

and there it was: a 30x40cm GANDOLFI!!!!!
I FOUND a Gandolfi in my own house!!!

it was almost like discovering a Rembrandt painting under another layer of paint..
(not quite - but almost..)

how lucky can one get???

see here:
http://www.emilschildt.com/EGO-KAMERAER%20-%20gandolfi%2030x40.htm

gr82bart
10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
how lucky can one get???Emil,

Apparently, one can get extremely lucky! Now, go buy a lottery ticket.

Regards, Art.

Sparky
10-10-2007, 11:54 AM
It reminds me of an anecdote by Arthur Koestler who had a friend with a small, somewhat attractive print they kept in their bathroom. Once it was discovered that it was a picassso - it was shuttled OUT of the bathroom and to the esteemed place above the fireplace...

gandolfi
10-10-2007, 11:58 AM
It reminds me of an anecdote by Arthur Koestler who had a friend with a small, somewhat attractive print they kept in their bathroom. Once it was discovered that it was a picassso - it was shuttled OUT of the bathroom and to the esteemed place above the fireplace...

better than my "rembrandt storie"!! and closer to the truth.

Ole
10-11-2007, 02:53 AM
I guess that would be a 16x12" Gandolfi, what with Gandolfi being so very very British... :)

Sadly I have no illusions that my 30x40cm Russian cabbage-crate might turn out to be a Gandolfi in disguise. :(

But since you got a Busch Vade Mecum instead of the Hermagis casket set, you have lenses that cover! The 55, 65 and 75cm lenses will cover the whole thing - at least they do on my cabbage-crate! :D

Steve Smith
10-11-2007, 03:32 AM
better than my "rembrandt story"!! and closer to the truth.

'I was looking in the loft last week and I found a Rembrandt and a Stradivarious.............. Unfortunately, Rembrandt made terrible violins and Stradivarious couldn't paint'

(Stolen from Tommy cooper).

Steve

Anton Lukoszevieze
10-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey Emil,
love your web site and work, great story about your huge Gandolfi.
I have a Gandolfi whole plate camera, have you used your Gandolfi stereo camera for photos?
Anton

jimgalli
10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
You should move to Las Vegas.

Dave Wooten
10-16-2007, 03:38 PM
You should move to Las Vegas.

I AM IN VEGAS-Were s my Gandolfi?

(don't believe the odds)

sign on local plumbers truck...A Flush Beats a Full House.:D