PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 7 Status and Updates

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Dietmar Wolf
11-04-2007, 01:12 PM
I got my lovely print from Dietmar this morning, thankyou.

Hi Mark. I am glad you like the print.

As for grain or no grain.
Sometimes, when medium format is too grainless for me, I am happy to have re-started with my minolta 35mm.
Grain and so called "non-perfection" often lead to phantasy and emotions;).

Matthijs
11-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I got a lovely print from Randy (Rlibersky) today. It shows the interior of a general store in an old western town in Montana. It conveys a real timeless mood, enhanced by the fact that it's printed on 1949 (!) Kodak Illustrator paper.

Very nice!

George Papantoniou
11-06-2007, 02:35 AM
Sent mine today...

No Digital
11-07-2007, 07:05 AM
I received today morning not one but TWO fantastic prints from jeroldharter!
We like the same photographic paper I see... even if I don't use it often because in Italy it's becoming hard to find Kentmere (sob!).
Really many thanks!

Pete H
11-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Received a beautifully printed abandoned mine from Simone Amici in Genova. There is something fascinating about dereliction which this shot catches very well.

Thanks Simone!

No Digital
11-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Nice to know you finally (11 days, inside Europe, no words...) received your print Pete!

goros
11-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Yesterday I got a wonderful picture from Kevin (Spiralcity). It is a colour Chicago cityscape. Ahhh, it makes me remember about a wonderful week I spent in Chicago some 12 years ago.

Thanks Kevin, for the picture and for the memories.

Cheers

vet173
11-14-2007, 01:42 AM
I sent my print out today. Last week I recieved 2 very nice prints from Mark (unhinged). Mark, I DO very much appreciate your thoughts in your choice of prints to send to me. You say you are new to this? Couldn't prove it by the prints. I wish mine looked that good when I started out.
Thanks,
John Berry (vet173)

gphoto120
11-14-2007, 01:46 PM
I received my print yesterday from R Dura ! Great street scene of Budapest. Thanks.

I printed mine last night and will be mailing it this Saturday. The various print exchanges on APUG are wonderful !
gphoto120

spiralcity
11-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Im glad the photo arrived safley and your more than welcome. I found this photo exchange to be rather enjoyable.

MattKing
11-19-2007, 01:02 AM
My print went out today. It has to go almost half way around the world, so I hope it gets there reasonably soon, and in good shape.

Matt

Dietmar Wolf
11-20-2007, 02:35 AM
Yesterday, my wife phoned and told me that I got a big post package from a woman called "Sonia" from Italy;) (my wife didnt remember apug exchange)

I knew at once and was happy/curious the whole day. Surprise, surprise...

I got a excellent print from Sonia, a wonderfull composition from a corn field from Piemont/Italy. I really appreciate the work and effort you put in this print. It looks wonderfull, perfect. And I most like, that we both seem to print&frame the same size, so it even fits perfect in my frames, too. As my wife adores Italy, she was happy, too.

Thank you very much Sonia, great exchange Art :)

soni
11-20-2007, 04:28 AM
Thanks Dietmar I am very pleased that you have pleased my printing! and also to your wife!
:) :) :) :)
much greetings to all your family
Soni

it go soon to see your site
:)

gr82bart
11-20-2007, 04:53 PM
OK folks, just giving a brief update on what's happening in this exchange ... 42 people signed up and 14 people appear to have their prints from their secret Santa so far (at least 14 posted in this thread that they received their print). Make sure to post a message here that you've sent and / or received your print.

Thanks everyone for making this exchange on its way to being a huge success!

Regards, Art.

Pete H
11-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Mine was posted on 10th Nov. No message from the recipient yet.

cheers
Pete

abcpyro
11-21-2007, 01:41 AM
i sent 20th oct nothing answered receiving we wait for

Akki14
11-21-2007, 03:44 AM
Having looked back in the thread I see mine was recieved on the 30th but I just totally missed it (unsurprising because I was extremely busy that week) and I sent on the 22nd. Still haven't recieved a print but I'm holding out hope that the postie won't be so scared of rain today :rolleyes:

unhinged
11-21-2007, 03:50 AM
I sent mine on the 3rd November.

soni
11-21-2007, 04:41 AM
I sent the photograph November 15 (excuse if I did not write it first) and was received, but for now I have not I still received no photograph, likely the times of the shippings are long,:(
just I will receive I say.

Best Regards

Soni

Dave Miller
11-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Matthijs, your print arrived today, thank you.

As excellent print with lots of atmosphere; I love the way the giantís dagger is pointing straight at the chap with the digi camera.:)