PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 7 Status and Updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

spiralcity
12-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I havent recieved a print yet. I will be post when I do.

BWKate
12-09-2007, 01:45 PM
I finally sent my print on Friday!!!! Hope it gets to Europe soon.

dschneller
12-09-2007, 08:48 PM
I just received a print from Dave Schneller. The texture in this print is really nice and I really like all of the different lines that the wood and the scratches on the wall makes. Thank you!

I'm happy you liked it.

Cheers,
Dave

soni
12-10-2007, 03:42 AM
I received Saturday, December 8, photographs of Janet,
My congratulations for the beautiful photos and for your commitment to social, photography serves also to know the situations in the world of people less fortunate of us ...

Thanks Janet!

jgcull
12-10-2007, 08:12 AM
I received a beautiful print from Andrea Perotti. The icy waterfall shows great detail, while keeping the brightness of the ice crystals. It's a beautiful print. Makes you feel the chill of the ice! Thank you Andrea, and thank you, Soni, for your comments.

This exchange is helpful and interesting for me. I enjoy seeing the actual prints of other photographers. Thanks, Art, for organizing this!

Janet Cull

Black Dog
12-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Recieved a lovely subtle warm print of a wood in springtime by Barry Dial today-thanks!

abcpyro
12-11-2007, 12:00 AM
I received a beautiful print from Andrea Perotti. The icy waterfall shows great detail, while keeping the brightness of the ice crystals. It's a beautiful print. Makes you feel the chill of the ice! Thank you Andrea, and thank you, Soni, for your comments.

This exchange is helpful and interesting for me. I enjoy seeing the actual prints of other photographers. Thanks, Art, for organizing this!

Janet Cull

A lot thanks, for luck arrived after almost two months :) I am really happy that it is pleased yourselves thanks

BirgerA
12-13-2007, 05:03 AM
Just back from the post office, having sent my print.

regards

Birger A.

UKJohn
12-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Mine has gone in the post this morning, my apologies for the delay. Hopefully the Christmas rush wont delay it to much.

Cheers

John

Thomas Bertilsson
12-13-2007, 08:03 AM
I sent my print out yesterday. Been up to my rear end in alligators, just finding time to get to the post office when it's open has been a problem. The print has been finished since mid-October, back when I was able to breathe...

I also still haven't received a print.

Sorry for the delay.

- Thomas

Dietmar Wolf
12-13-2007, 08:06 AM
It is great to see that this exchange is doing so well. I will certainly participate the next one, too. :)

matti
12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
I got a print from Andrew Moxom, and I really like it! When I see things like this, I say to myself that I should try to simplify subject matter to be able to make the image look exactly like I want before going further. What paper is this, looks like Forte or Foma?

/matti

Andrew Moxom
12-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Matti, glad you like this image. It's a lith print from a trip I made in September up to Northern MN with other fellow APUG'ers. The paper is Forte Polywarmtone processed in Arista-Lith and then selenium toned. Hopefully the packaging survived and the print was not damaged in anyway?

matti
12-13-2007, 11:34 AM
Well, when I found the envelope in the mailbox it was bent and the lid was open and it was raining. Sometimes I think the postman doesn't like us... But the print was totally unharmed. And flatter than mine when they are newly flattened. So I guess I will continue to send prints without matting them.
/matti

Andrew Moxom
12-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Good job I put the print and backing card into a ziploc bag to keep it dry! Glad it was not damaged.

I'm still waiting for my print... Not sure who from :-)

Ole
12-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Mine is on the way at last! :)

Thomas Bertilsson
12-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Matti, you're lucky to receive one of Andy's prints. They are meticulously printed and so much better in reality compared to what's submit to the gallery here at APUG.
- Thomas

gr82bart
12-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Hi Folks,

OK, first off, I just sent my print out this weekend, so sorry for the delay.

Update so far, by my accounting, 6 people haven't confirmed that they sent a print as of today - so get printing and/or mailing and/or confirming in this thread.

And it appears 16 people haven't received their prints yet as they could be still in transit and/or just haven't confirmed arrival. If you got your print from your Secret Santa, please confirm in this thread. Thanks.

So far, we're on track to complete another good exchange. Hope everyone enjoyed the prints they received.

Regards, Art.

abcpyro
12-18-2007, 02:37 AM
no received printing :(

jeroldharter
12-18-2007, 08:05 AM
I received a very nice lith print from Thomas Bertilsson. I had never seen a lith print before. Quite different with nice warm tones. The photo was of ferns in Minnesota, sort of a dark, shadowy look. Thank you very much.