PDA

View Full Version : Blind Print Exchange Round 7 Status and Updates

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Thomas Bertilsson
12-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Glad you liked it, Jerold. I'm always a bit nervous with these exchanges...

- Thomas

I received a very nice lith print from Thomas Bertilsson. I had never seen a lith print before. Quite different with nice warm tones. The photo was of ferns in Minnesota, sort of a dark, shadowy look. Thank you very much.

gr82bart
12-19-2007, 05:45 AM
no received printingPatience Andrea, I know who your secret Santa is and when you get her print, you're going to really like it. Really like it. :)

Regards, Art.

thefizz
12-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Just received a lovely matted print from Birger Aune in Oslo.

Thanks Birger,

Peter

abcpyro
12-20-2007, 03:49 AM
Patience Andrea, I know who your secret Santa is and when you get her print, you're going to really like it. Really like it. :)

Regards, Art.

no problem I have patience, however very curious being the first time that I participate:p:p:p:p

light leak
12-20-2007, 10:10 PM
I received a wonderful print from UKJohn. It just glows. I can't wait to get it in a frame and hang it on the wall. What more can I say? Thanks John.

Unfortunately, his print's arrival was a reminder that I still owe one for this round! I have a print ready and everything. I just never mailed it off. My apologies to my very patient friend up north. It will go out in the next couple of days.

Jonathan

photobum
12-24-2007, 05:02 PM
A Christmas miracle. Last week I received beautiful Cyanotype print from none other than our group leader. The miracle was that the Post Office did not bend, spindle or mutilate the print.

Thanks Art. Sorry I took so long to post. I had been quite sick and was in the hospital until Saturday night. My print will go out on the 26th. and as soon as I'm back in the darkroom I'll make you a Pt/Pd of my own.

Jim

Thomas Bertilsson
12-26-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm starting to get a little miffed since I haven't received a print yet. Granted, I was a few days late in sending mine, so maybe I shouldn't complain. Whomever has me on their list, at least contact me with an ETA please.
Thanks,
- Thomas

Thomas Bertilsson
12-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I have found out since I posted this that extraordinary circumstances has prevented the person sending me a print from doing so. Get well and don't worry about the print. It can wait.

It goes to show two important things:

1. I should find out the facts before I bitch about my own misfortune (I'm sorry for my selfishness, I feel like a microbe right now).
2. It is important with information flow. I think most of us are reasonable people, especially if reasons why are known or addressed.

- Thomas

I'm starting to get a little miffed since I haven't received a print yet. Granted, I was a few days late in sending mine, so maybe I shouldn't complain. Whomever has me on their list, at least contact me with an ETA please.
Thanks,
- Thomas

gr82bart
12-27-2007, 01:59 PM
No worries Thomas. Leave it to me to out the real deadbeats.

Regards, Art.

gr82bart
12-27-2007, 02:01 PM
A Christmas miracle. Last week I received beautiful Cyanotype print from none other than our group leader. The miracle was that the Post Office did not bend, spindle or mutilate the print.Thanks Jim for the kind words. I too am glad the USPS didn't malign the print, but I am even more happy that you are on your way to recovery. Get well.

Regards, Art.

Andrew Moxom
12-29-2007, 12:07 AM
I am being patient, but still no print yet for me.

gr82bart
12-29-2007, 08:32 AM
OK people, the masses are getting restless. So, I know there are 6 prints "in the mail" - when folks get them, please post that you've received your print

and

I also know there are 6 people who haven't sent a print yet - I have sent a reminder PM to each of you (one person is no longer on APUG or changed the name of their handle ... I'll get to the bottom of it). Please post a message here when you have sent your print. Just reminder that there is also the option of send the print you received in lieu of your own print, if you wish. Thanks.

Regards, Art.

Thomas Bertilsson
12-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I did receive an interesting platinum print from Jim yesterday. Thank you very much!
Starting its life as a Agfa Scala positive, it was enlarged to sheet film and then made a platinum print of. It's actually the first platinum print I own, so I'm very pleased from that aspect too.
Thank you,
- Thomas

Dietmar Wolf
12-30-2007, 01:31 PM
You received a platinum print? How lucky you are, I never saw one :-) I would wait a year to receive only one :-) :-) :-)

(btw. I changed my user name from diwolf to this current one.)

UKJohn
12-31-2007, 07:29 AM
light leak;561828]I received a wonderful print from UKJohn. It just glows. I can't wait to get it in a frame and hang it on the wall. What more can I say? Thanks John[/I].

Jonathon,

It's good to hear you received it before Christmas as I thought I'd posted it a tad late, I was a bit worried about the post! Also, thanks for the comments I'm pleased you like it :-)

John

Andrew Moxom
01-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Still being patient, but still no picture yet.

Andrew Moxom
01-16-2008, 02:17 PM
I just received two prints from Justin Silber. Great work, and thanks!

jgcull
01-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Hello Thomas,

I see you received a platinum print in the blind exchange. Please explain, how does it compare with a regular print? I'd love to see... but hearing will have to do. I never know about what I see scanned and posted online and would love to know the qualities.

Thanks,
Janet

MattKing
01-21-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm still waiting - patiently, of course :)

Matt

Thomas Bertilsson
01-21-2008, 05:27 PM
It's hard to tell without seeing a silver print of the same, but from what I can tell I made the following observations:
1. Texture control - since you are free to coat the emulsion on any paper you deem appropriate, you have a certain level of control of texture.
2. Highlights just glow with beautiful separations.

I have seen other platinum prints while visiting fellow photographers and museums, and there's a certain 'depth' to them that's hard to explain. I find them 3-dimensional and dynamic.

Hope that helps.

- Thomas

Hello Thomas,

I see you received a platinum print in the blind exchange. Please explain, how does it compare with a regular print? I'd love to see... but hearing will have to do. I never know about what I see scanned and posted online and would love to know the qualities.

Thanks,
Janet