PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Síle
02-07-2008, 03:31 AM
When I get the date of the Santa Cruz fungus faire, I'll post it for you. A nice time to wander with the little fawns in the hills above Santa Cruz... and your own personal troupe of fungus experts. <wink, wink, nudge, nudge.. know what I mean?>

tim in san jose

Sounds like fun.. your own personal fungus expert.. He must be a real Fun ghi :o

Síle

bjazz
02-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Geez, maybe instead you could tell us about the toxic fungus stuff - sounds like ergot or magic 'shrooms to me! :D

The name of the fungus is "fly agaric" (fluesopp in norwegian). It is in fact very common in our region. You find everything you need to know - and probably a lot more - at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria

Whatever you do: it is on your own risk!

-B

bjazz
02-12-2008, 03:10 PM
I picked up the camera today.

Since there is very little light in the afternoon I will push the button sometime during the weekend, and get the camera on to Canada early next week.

In fact it seems that the "round 4 camera" will arrive in the same town (Bergen, Norway) this week as well... something pagan here?

-Bj

k_jupiter
02-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I swear... when I set up the list of Cam 5 I had no idea the two cameras would be chasing each other around north western Europe.

Maybe Cam 1B (or is it 1c?) will make its way out of the confines of the southern hemisphere and join it's littl' brothers.

tim in san jose

Síle
02-12-2008, 07:38 PM
I swear... when I set up the list of Cam 5 I had no idea the two cameras would be chasing each other around north western Europe.

Maybe Cam 1B (or is it 1c?) will make its way out of the confines of the southern hemisphere and join it's littl' brothers.

tim in san jose

Aah... It's the Irish Pagan chicken curse.. I was afraid we might invoke this.. There is only one known antidote .. and it involves whiskey and a full moon :o

Síle

copake_ham
02-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Aah... It's the Irish Pagan chicken curse.. I was afraid we might invoke this.. There is only one known antidote .. and it involves whiskey and a full moon :o

Síle

I'm beginning to wonder about you, Sile.

The pagan chicken curse was only cast upon camera 5. But then both 4 and 5 were "united" together at your place. As I recall - wasn't it right around the time of the Winter Solstice? The highest holy day of the pagans.

Nay don't tell us, yet do; did you also cast a spell upon camera 4?

If so, we need to know which whiskey is required and when is the next full moon - 'cause it seems it's time to start baying to the heavens! :D

k_jupiter
02-13-2008, 12:25 AM

Síle

Sile,

I am way too irresponsible when loaded with a whiskey or three...

I cannot be held responsible for my actions. Perhaps it's good we have 7000 miles between us.

Here is a Red Breast neat, side of water, and a Pagan jig nekkid under a full spring moon to you...

tim in san jose

Síle
02-13-2008, 06:27 AM
I'm beginning to wonder about you, Sile.
Nay don't tell us, yet do; did you also cast a spell upon camera 4?

If so, we need to know which whiskey is required and when is the next full moon - 'cause it seems it's time to start baying to the heavens! :D

You're only now beginning to wonder George??
Oh dear... Well.. there may have been some shenanigans around the wassailing cup on Winter Solstice.. but this is an easy one to rectify..
Grab yourself a glass of Bushmills (http://www.bushmills.com/en-row/home/Bushmills_home/) on February 21st at 03.30UT.. Make yourself comfortable in a dark-room.. Clear your mind ..
Cleanse your sacred space and then call upon the elements of light, darkness, and focal length.. and bay loudly.. that should do it!

Sile,
I am way too irresponsible when loaded with a whiskey or three...
I cannot be held responsible for my actions. Perhaps it's good we have 7000 miles between us.
Here is a Red Breast neat, side of water, and a Pagan jig nekkid under a full spring moon to you...
tim in san jose

Tim I admire your choice in whiskey.. am impressed with your full moon nekkid pagan jig .. and am somewhat grateful for the 7000 miles..
Unfortunately that particular jig doesn't cure, but brings a curse on Lawyers in NY.. luckily it shouldn't affect us... much :D

Síle

k_jupiter
02-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Tim I admire your choice in whiskey.. am impressed with your full moon nekkid pagan jig .. and am somewhat grateful for the 7000 miles..
Unfortunately that particular jig doesn't cure, but brings a curse on Lawyers in NY.. luckily it shouldn't affect us... much :D

Síle

'Me' in the same sentence with 'nekkid jig'... y'all be very grateful for the 7000 miles.

tim

Síle
02-13-2008, 06:26 PM
'Me' in the same sentence with 'nekkid jig'... y'all be very grateful for the 7000 miles.

tim

Oh don't sell yourself so short Tim .. I was thinking of having a word with Mr Brunner about making videos... We could be on to a fortune here!?

Síle

bjazz
02-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi again....just a cam5 update....

Cam 5 is currently mixing business with pleasure and enjoying the weekend on an island in a norwegian fjord. It is strolling around the island, joined by a couple of 4x5s, 6x6s and a 35, waiting for the optimal photo opportunity and the right light. Sometime during the weekend it will happen.

In the meantime....this is a picture taken this afternoon by one of cam5's new local friends, a 4x5 homemade pinhole filled with delta 100... (cam5 did not snap in this position!)

http://www.apug.org/gallery/data/511/cam5-Edit_800.jpg

-Bj

k_jupiter
02-15-2008, 04:49 PM
That's our baby.

I have lots of hope of good light based on your scouting report.

Nice image.

Ummm. it's not cold is it?

tim in san jose

bjazz
02-19-2008, 12:50 PM
When I wrote the last report we had minus 4 degrees and nice weather. As soon as I said I was waiting for the right light, the light disappeared, and we've had really dark heavy clouds since Friday - and 50mm of rain just on Sunday!

Anyway, the picture has been shot, and cam5 is on the road again...

Pagan? The camera is leaving a country named Norway, heading for a spruced(?) street in Ontario named Norway....

-Bj

k_jupiter
02-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Well... DanG!

I predicted the camera would be returning to our North Amurican Shores by the Dawn of Spring. The Equinox is but a twinkle in the eye of our Canadian Bretheren yet they wil soon see the light of Mighty Camera 5's flash (if they so select).

John will have many an opportunity I fear of composing ice storm photos from the far reaches of cold cold Ontario.

tim in san jose

Shawn Rahman
02-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Aaaah - nothing like slow progress. But progress nevertheless!

I was hoping to snap a shot of the mountains overlooking the orange groves along Route 126 in Southern California while I am still here, but at the rate we are going - by the time the camera gets to me - it will likely be a shot of the frozen Lake Champlain area in northern Vermont in the winter of 08-09.

copake_ham
02-19-2008, 10:37 PM
I dunno, now it seems #5 is now stuck in a deep, northern European funk thing.

Getting filled with angst and existential confusion.

What is this? Some kind of Ibsen play?

Why didn't this sucker go to Italy instead of Scandinavia?

Fer cryin' out loud!

Yo...dude...just shoot the picture and pass the camera on!

Shawn Rahman
02-19-2008, 11:01 PM

I thought it was already on its way to Ontario. Does it come down south to us after Canada?

bjazz
02-19-2008, 11:50 PM

Stuck???

As I wrote in my previous message, the camera is on its way to Ontario... ETA is 4-6 days.

-Bj

k_jupiter
02-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Stuck???

As I wrote in my previous message, the camera is on its way to Ontario... ETA is 4-6 days.

-Bj

George missed that line.

Yes the camera goes across Canada, down to Michigan, another place or two then out to the coast.

After it hits me the first time, it will go a minor swing through the South east, hit one latecomer in Canada, then back to me. I predict...
We finish in September.

Are we almost ready for Round 6? *L*

tim in san jose

copake_ham
02-20-2008, 01:02 AM
George missed that line.

Yes the camera goes across Canada, down to Michigan, another place or two then out to the coast.

After it hits me the first time, it will go a minor swing through the South east, hit one latecomer in Canada, then back to me. I predict...
We finish in September.

Are we almost ready for Round 6? *L*

tim in san jose

Alas, I did!

Sorry all, espescially Bjazz.

That's what happens when you go away for a couple of days and then try to speed read 1750 unread posts.

Damn, this site is getting harder and harder to keep up with.

Anyway, glad to hear #5 is again in transit.