PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

k_jupiter
04-05-2008, 11:39 PM
The grapevine has it the camera has reached central Canada via totally exhausted dog sled puppies. B-man will wait for a break in the ice storms and do his thing.

Now what has happened to Camera 4?

tim in san jose

thebanana
04-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Yes, camera 5 arrived here last week while I was on vacation. I'll get my shot done in a day or so and will ship it off by week's end. Pagan chicken recipe to follow:p

thebanana
04-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Shot taken and the camera will be off to Walter23 tomorrow.

Breast of Chicken Agenteuil

(a cold dish that is great for warm spring days)

4 chicken breasts, halved, skinned and boned
2 cups dry white wine
1/2 tsp. dried tarragon leaves
1 bunch asparagus
1tsp salt

sauce:
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp sour cream

8-10 radishes, washed and sliced

1. In large skillet combine wine, tarragon and salt. Add chicken breasts. Bring to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered 10 minutes, turning once.
2. Remove chicken breasts and liquid to shallow dish. Refrigerate, covered for at least 2 hours
3. Cook asparagus to desired tenderness. (I use the microwave for about 3-4 minutes)
4. Make sauce: in small bowl combine mayo and sour cream, mixing well
5. Just prior to serving: remove chicken breasts from liquid. Spread thick layer of sauce on each chicken breast. Arrange on platter, decorate with sliced radishes. Arrange asparagus alongside chicken on platter. Serve.

Drink remaining white wine. ;)

copake_ham
04-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Oops! I just confused #4 with #5!

Glad to hear both are progressing - although it does seem like 5 will land before 4!

Now to PM tim with my correction! :o;)

walter23
04-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Cool. How do I get the next person's address? I haven't been following this thread closely.

k_jupiter
04-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Cool. How do I get the next person's address? I haven't been following this thread closely.

I thought you knew premonition was one of the requirements for signing up. It's worked so far...

You will find a packet in with the camera. It will have extra batteries in case those in the camera go belly up. It also has a list with names and addresses of everyone on the circuit. Find your name, the next one down is the the person you send it to. In your case, it's Ms. Nelson.

You will see. Make sure the packet is sent to the next person with the camera... and remember to turn it OFF.

Now go out and take a nice picture for us.

tim in san jose

walter23
04-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Camera received today. Just waiting on the weather (should clear up tomorrow) and then it'll be on its way again.

walter23
04-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Oh man, I'm an idiot. I fired off three shots thinking it was just autofocusing and not actually firing. FYI, the viewfinder zooms in / out a bit when the camera takes its shot. It's been awhile since I used an automatic P&S camera - my skills with them just aren't what they used to be :)

I'll throw a fresh roll of FP4+ in the box in case the roll runs out.

Should get it mailed tomorrow.

k_jupiter
04-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Oh man, I'm an idiot. I fired off three shots thinking it was just autofocusing and not actually firing. FYI, the viewfinder zooms in / out a bit when the camera takes its shot. It's been awhile since I used an automatic P&S camera - my skills with them just aren't what they used to be :)

I'll throw a fresh roll of FP4+ in the box in case the roll runs out.

Should get it mailed tomorrow.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Remember to turn the camera OFF. If the camera gets to me with no more pitchers, I have your address. I'll send my brother Guido to pay you a vis....

Fergot, those were the lines for the Community Playhouse last month...

That is a 36 pitcher roll of film, the count of particiapants is 25. I set it up that way to allow for accidents.

The camera is crossing the border agin. !

tim

Síle
04-18-2008, 08:28 PM
I had an accident of my own Walter.. doing the very same thing.. I pm'd Tim who was kind enough not to send Guido to pay a visit...
Every day I count my lucky stars.. and my fingers :o

Síle

Black Dog
04-20-2008, 03:45 PM
...and no horses heads in your bed....

k_jupiter
04-20-2008, 06:39 PM
...and no horses heads in your bed....

The probability of horses heads in any Irish persons bed is very small, but not a negative number. The number of individuals named Guido is much higher say in Italy, hence the probability goes up.

Pagan horses head recipes?

tim in san jose

Síle
04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
The probability of horses heads in any Irish persons bed is very small, but not a negative number. The number of individuals named Guido is much higher say in Italy, hence the probability goes up.

Pagan horses head recipes?

tim in san jose

That reminds me of Guido O' Flaherty.. the Irish stud farm owner, now he could cook... :rolleyes:

Síle

thebanana
05-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Any recent sightings of camera 5?

k_jupiter
05-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Any recent sightings of camera 5?

It's under control. I have written to Walter23 and have a timeline. Those cross border times can be killers. I would anticipate return in a couple of days.

Can you tell from my language I am at work?

tim in san jose

walter23
05-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Sorry guys, camera got caught up in a move. It's in the post. I put a cyanotype print in for the next person to get it (Imn). Careful opening the box, it's right on top (though sandwiched in cardboard).

walter23
05-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Hm. I can't contact or find anybody with that username on apug (Imn). Lisa, you out there? Don't want to mail it to the wrong place.

Síle
05-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Hm. I can't contact or find anybody with that username on apug (Imn). Lisa, you out there? Don't want to mail it to the wrong place.

Let there be no panic! Lisa recently signed up for the Camera 6 round :

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum184/48621-camera-6-sign-up.html

So she's out there..

Síle

MattKing
05-08-2008, 01:54 PM
I think Walter may be reading "lmn" as "Imn"

Matt

walter23
05-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Hah. L. My mistake. It'll be off to the post office as soon as I get home this afternoon.