PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20

k_jupiter
06-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Wow - everyone breathe out a collective sigh!

I have since moved - how do we make sure the new address is taken note of? I think I was 18th on the original list (listed as "hkr"). I am at a temporary address until around mid-September and then off to the East Coast.

Tim - do we know who "foxyscootie" (#17) is? I suppose we can provide the address at the time to him/her when they are ready to mail it out to me.

Thanks all! WE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT!!!

Shawn,

PM me your temporary address. I will take care of the details of addresses. I will have foxie send the camera on to guissimo then back to me. You will get it on the second leg (for latecomers) at whatever address you are at.

It will all work out. And Friday is still APUG Pagan Chicken day.

tim

k_jupiter
06-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Round six is going out the end of the week...

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum184/48621-camera-6-sign-up-2.html

Lots of great ideas, we will incorporate more of them down the road.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum184/48620-camera-6-concepts-discussion.html

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum184/47470-discussion-round-6-a.html

Seen on a VW in Tucson AZ in 1994... "Eschew Whirled Peas".

tim in san jose

Shawn Rahman
06-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Shawn,

PM me your temporary address. I will take care of the details of addresses. I will have foxie send the camera on to guissimo then back to me. You will get it on the second leg (for latecomers) at whatever address you are at.

It will all work out. And Friday is still APUG Pagan Chicken day.

tim

Thanks, Tim. PM sent with new address & status info.

Regards,

Shawn

lmn
06-17-2008, 05:50 PM
The camera is in the mail.

Tim, I was unable to fit the cyanotype in the new box so will send that to you directly. I'll use the return address from your reminder letter unless you prefer a different one.

Thanks!
Lisa

Síle
06-17-2008, 06:03 PM

Excellent news Lisa.. I knew all those chickens didn't die in vain...

Síle

k_jupiter
06-17-2008, 07:46 PM

Tim, I was unable to fit the cyanotype in the new box so will send that to you directly. I'll use the return address from your reminder letter unless you prefer a different one.

Thanks!
Lisa

Thank you Lisa. The return address on the envelope is fine. It should have matched the one on the list. I will PM it to you just in case.

tim

Marc Akemann
06-20-2008, 01:43 AM
Okay, since my last post, two chickens have participated in pagan chicken recipes. My wife sacrificed one and I the other. (Recipes to follow later.) Consequently, and probably with assistance from Tim's snailmail, the camera has arrived! Everything seems to be okay. Thanks Lisa!

The camera's counter is on 17. I'll take my shot at Bill Schwab's Photostock Extravaganza (http://www.northlightworkshops.com/workshops/michigan_gathering/index.html) next week and will ship the camera to Rebecca no later than June 30th, when I get back home. If there's a chance I can ship earlier than the 30th from Bill's place, I'll certainly do that. Maybe we'll sacrifice a pagan S'more (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smores) from the nightly fire circle and put it in the box with the camera......?

Happy trails!

Marc

k_jupiter
06-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Okay, since my last post, two chickens have participated in pagan chicken recipes. My wife sacrificed one and I the other. (Recipes to follow later.) Consequently, and probably with assistance from Tim's snailmail, the camera has arrived! Everything seems to be okay. Thanks Lisa!

The camera's counter is on 17. I'll take my shot at Bill Schwab's Photostock Extravaganza (http://www.northlightworkshops.com/workshops/michigan_gathering/index.html) next week and will ship the camera to Rebecca no later than June 30th, when I get back home. If there's a chance I can ship earlier than the 30th from Bill's place, I'll certainly do that. Maybe we'll sacrifice a pagan S'more (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smores) from the nightly fire circle and put it in the box with the camera......?

Happy trails!

Marc

Have a great time Marc.

tim

k_jupiter
06-22-2008, 08:40 PM
The dust is on the scanner.

Stunning. The scanner doesn't do it justice.

Thanks Walter. It will be framed in the hall with all my other artwork given by friends.

tim in san jose

keithostertag
06-22-2008, 09:07 PM
I was seemed to find out about these kind of fun rounds too late... If there is room left in round six or if there will be a round 7 please PM me. Thanks, Keith.

k_jupiter
06-22-2008, 09:09 PM
I was seemed to find out about these kind of fun rounds too late... If there is room left in round six or if there will be a round 7 please PM me. Thanks, Keith.

Send me a PM with your real address. Round six is getting pulled together (I need an address or two). Please read the Round 6 ideas and make sure this is something you wish to do.

tim in san jose

walter23
06-22-2008, 11:30 PM
The dust is on the scanner.

Stunning. The scanner doesn't do it justice.

Thanks Walter. It will be framed in the hall with all my other artwork given by friends.

tim in san jose

Hey, that looks familiar ;)

Glad you like it.

Marc Akemann
06-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Took my shot at Bill Schwab's get together (http://www.apug.org/forums/forum174/45100-photostock-2008-3rd-annual-northern-michigan-photographers-gathering.html) (What a blast!!!) and will ship the camera to Rebeccammm in the morning. The camera is off and the counter is on #18. Thanks go to Bill for the use of his tripod. ;)

Marc

k_jupiter
06-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Great! I cannot wait to see what transpired. We are "On the Road Again".

Take a deep breath....

Where is the pagan chicken recipe?

tim (putting round 6 together this week) in san jose

Marc Akemann
06-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Great! I cannot wait to see what transpired. We are "On the Road Again".

Take a deep breath....

Where is the pagan chicken recipe?

tim (putting round 6 together this week) in san jose

Oops...here we go:

Chicken Breasts Piccata

Bone and skin 2 chicken breasts. Cut, going crosswise, each into 2 pieces.

Place cut chicken between sheets of plastic wrap, and, with the flat side of your mallet, pound to about 1/4 inch thickness and double the size. Coat all 4 pieces with the 1/4 cup of flour.

Heat 2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy skillet. Add the chicken and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Brown quickly on both sides for about a minute, which, at a 1/4" will cook through. Remove chicken and put on a warm platter.

Pour off the excess fat and then add 1/4 cup of dry white wine, 2 tablespoons of capers and 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice. Heat to a boil, while scraping the bottom of the skillet.

When around 4 tablespoons of liquid remain in the skillet, pour it over the chicken on the platter. Sprinkle with parley. Garnish with lemon and lime slices. Serve immediately with something like a good bottle of Chardonnay.

It's nice when served with broiled zucchini, buttered orzo or tomato salad.

Thanks for reminding me about the PCP. I'm so tired from the trip, I can't see straight.

Marc

Marc Akemann
06-30-2008, 06:11 PM
The camera was mailed early this afternoon and is on it's way to Tennessee.

Marc

Rebeccammm
07-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Camera arrived today. I'll shoot this weekend and send it on its way.

Rebeccammm
07-08-2008, 04:25 PM
The camera is off to GA. Took my shot; then realized there were focussing options on the camera. Oh well. I'll have to post the chicken recipe later.

geauxpez
07-10-2008, 07:13 PM
It seems that I am now the proud owner of a Canon Sureshot!

I'll take my shot over the next couple of days and get the camera on it merry way again.

Adam

k_jupiter
07-10-2008, 07:40 PM
So nice.

I have to tell y'all, I am rolling off a bear of a month or so. Here is what needs to be done...

geauxpez takes the shot, forwards it on to foxiescootie...

I need to review all pm messages sent, make sure hkr can receive the camera (he has changed his name), then the camera will be back here by the middle of august. Don't hurry, I won't be around the last couple weeks of July.

The camera reappears here, I make a few modifications to the second little loop I had set up for latecomers. Camera goes out again, returns to me by November 1.

I can dream.

Y'all been great. Round 6 goes out before I go away on vacation on the 20th.

tim