PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20

Síle
07-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Tim,
You're going to need a vacation for your vacation if you're not careful!
As your faithful sidekick.. I'll make sure everything is ship shape while you're away.. Now you go off on vacation without giving us a second thought!
It looks like this one will make it too...

Shawn Rahman
07-15-2008, 12:10 AM
So nice.

I have to tell y'all, I am rolling off a bear of a month or so. Here is what needs to be done...

geauxpez takes the shot, forwards it on to foxiescootie...

I need to review all pm messages sent, make sure hkr can receive the camera (he has changed his name), then the camera will be back here by the middle of august. Don't hurry, I won't be around the last couple weeks of July.

tim

The timing works out perfect for me as well. I am currently on a cross-country road & shooting trip (L.A. to NYC) and am flying back to California on August 1st. I can receive the camera anytime after that. I then have about a two month window until I move back east permanently, so please reach me on the forum here or by email to confirm the address to send it to me before it is mailed out. My email is my full name as it is listed here at yahoo dot com.

Thanks to all, and especially Tim. Looks like we are going to make it!!

Regards,

Shawn Rahman (formerly hkr)

k_jupiter
07-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Hi Shawn,

The address on the original sheet is correct for August and September? If so, I have nothing to do. If not, send the updated California address and I will forward it to foxiescootie. FS needs to be aware that they don't send the camera till August 1 to you.

No problem.

tim in san jose

Ralph Javins
07-15-2008, 10:20 PM
What an intriguing concept.

Where will the photographs be posted or shown? I would enjoy seeing the collective result.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins

k_jupiter
07-16-2008, 02:08 AM
What an intriguing concept.

Where will the photographs be posted or shown? I would enjoy seeing the collective result.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins

Welcome Ralph. PM a message if interested, I have a spot or two on the Round 6 going out soon (I promise). Read the threads on Round 6 and see if that concept is what you are looking for.

Please notice that almost all participants are subscribers as members have limited access to the Gallery. Being a subscriber ain't a bad thing, and you have stumbled onto some of the most interesting members of the forum.

tim in san jose

geauxpez
07-17-2008, 04:49 AM
Hey guys -- The camera shipped out yesterday morning for Huntsville, AL. I will try to post my pagan chicken recipe this evening.

Adam

geauxpez
07-17-2008, 08:37 PM
What better pagan chicken recipe than a gumbo. Given my Louisiana roots, it is a must. Voodoo optional:

Chicken and Sausage Gumbo

1 whole cut up chicken
1 cup oil
1½ cup flour
2 cups diced onion
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 lb. good smoked sausage or andouille
¼ cup freshly minced garlic
3 quarts chicken stock
3 bay leaves
Cajun seasoning to taste (Cajun Land, Tony’s, etc.)
Hot sauce to taste
1 cup diced green onion
Cooked white rice
filé powder (sassafras powder) to taste

Boil and debone chicken, then cut into ½ inch pieces (reserving bones and liquid to make stock). In a heavy iron pot, heat the oil over medium heat and add the flour, stirring constantly until a medium brown color is achieved (this is your roux). If you burn the roux, start over. It is not salvageable. Stir in the onion, celery and bell pepper and sauté until wilted, then add the sausage and garlic and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Add stock, chicken, and bay leaves, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour. Skim off any fat and season to taste with Cajun seasoning and/or hot sauce. Keep cooking until chicken begins to fall apart. Turn off heat and stir in green onion immediately before serving. Serve over cooked white rice and use filé to taste.

Enjoy!

Adam

foxyscootie
07-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey Guys,
I received the camera today from Adam. I saw the note about postponing shipment to Shawn until Aug 1 so I'll ship it out that day. Tim, let me know if I need to ship to an alternate address for Shawn.

~Val

k_jupiter
07-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Hey Guys,
I received the camera today from Adam. I saw the note about postponing shipment to Shawn until Aug 1 so I'll ship it out that day. Tim, let me know if I need to ship to an alternate address for Shawn.

~Val

Val,

I have heard nothing so I assume the address on the sheet is OK. Keep it till Aug. 1st and then send it on.

I have just come home from my last day of work for two plus weeks.

I will check in on things every couple of days, but computers and I will be taking a break from each other for a couple of weeks.

Y'all are great.

tim

Shawn Rahman
07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey All,

Sorry - still driving across country, so my login has been intermittent. Nothing much to see in the Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma, and Missouri if anyone's interested! The Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo was pretty cool though!

I will send on my new address by PM to Tim & Val. Val: If you mail out on the first, it will be perfect timing for me.

Thanks again & regards.

Shawn

Shawn Rahman
07-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Tim & Val.

PM with my address a couple of days ago. Please confirm that you've received it!

Going Back to Cali on August 1st, and will shoot and mail the camera ASAP.

Thanks again & regards,

Shawn

foxyscootie
08-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Shawn, I got your PM/email with your address. Unfortunately I didn't get the camera mailed out to you yesterday. This weekend is hectic with kids' bdays as well, so it'll be shipped out on Monday. Should get to you around the 6th or 7th.

Shawn Rahman
08-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks, Val. I am back in California at the address I sent to you, and will keep an eye out for the camera.

Regards,

Shawn

k_jupiter
08-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Y'all doin' fine. Take your time Shawn. Nice pitchers are what we are after. The camera continues it's relentless travels across the globe, guided by the omnipresent energy of one great group.

tim

Shawn Rahman
08-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Val,

Haven't received the camera; have you mailed it out? Should I/we be worried?

Thanks!

Shawn Rahman
08-14-2008, 08:11 PM
All,

Sorry for raising the alarm! We are still on track. The camera is on its way to me Thanks, Val!

foxyscootie
08-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Sorry for the confusion & delay everyone. But as Shawn stated the camera is back in rotation. Thanks for your patience guys. :-)
~Val

k_jupiter
08-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Val,

Stuff happens. You all are still waiting for Camera 6. It's coming. I have the spreadsheets up on the computer now, making sure all the t's are dotted and the i's are crossed.

Shawn will get the camera and pass it on. Just like it's suppose to work.

tim in san jose

Shawn Rahman
08-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Received the camera today and will take the shot and send it on later this week!

Regards,

Shawn

k_jupiter
08-25-2008, 08:23 PM
Hope the shooting went well. Let's keep that camera moving!

Take care all,

tim