13 lmn
14 FilmSprocket
15 Rebeccammm
16 geauxpez
17 foxyscootie
18 hkr
19 guissimo
20 k_jupiter

Since we have over 18, we are going to shoot ONE picture each.

I seem to remember two people with short time move dates. I can only find the correspondence for one. Please PM me if you are moving soon.

A list of rules (courtesy of gr82bart) and addresses will accompany the camera along with an extra camera battery. Please make sure the baggie with the directions, addresses and battery make it into the box every time.

When you send the camera on...

Turn off the camera!
Post a pagan Chicken recipe.

tim in san jose

lmn
10-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks Tim!

Looking forward to it.

lisa nelson

Travis Nunn
10-30-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm first? I feel so honored!

Now... I have to find a good chicken recipe...

copake_ham
10-30-2007, 11:41 AM

Now... I have to find a good chicken recipe...

You just have to ask Mr. Google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pagan+chicken+recipes&btnG=Google+Search

:D

Travis Nunn
10-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks George, but that's not the problem. I have so many chicken recipes I just have to decide which is "Pagan" enough to use ;)

You just have to ask Mr. Google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pagan+chicken+recipes&btnG=Google+Search

:D

k_jupiter
11-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Sorry for the delay. These people around here expect me to do some work for my pay. Been a tough week, next week is even tougher.

Anyhow, the Camera has sailed. It is on it's way to Travis as we speak. Please remember to turn off the camera after shooting it. There is a fresh battery in it, two more packed in the instruction bag. If you take the battery out, it does not seem to lose the frame count.

All have a good time with this. I already cannot wait to see the return and what you all will have done with your photo.

You have seen my (chicken) piece d'resistance. Now I will post my one hour chicken dinner recipe I developed in my young single days. It was fast, impressed the single women folk, and an hour is a long enough time to get into lots of mischief.

One hour chicken:
One fryer, cut up.
1/4 cup flour
groud ginger
ground allspice
Italian seasoning (rosemary, thyme, dried basil, oregano)
salt pepper
1/4 lb of butter plus two good sized pats
9x12 baking pan
baking (cookie) sheet
4 medium potatos
1 medium winter squash (acorn, butternut, delicata)
brown sugar

Heat oven up to 375F. (190 C)

Place stick of butter in the bottom of the baking dish, place in oven.

Wash potatos. Cut squash in half lengthwise, leave skin on, take out seeds.

Wash chicken and dry.

Combine flour, and all spices in brown paper bag.

Throw chicken in bag one piece at a time, do pagan chicken dance for 30 seconds each piece, place on plate.

When butter is all melted and bubling softly, place floured chicken in baking pan skin side down. Place pan in oven.

Place potatos in oven.

Place squash open side up on cookie sheet.

Place pat of butter in each squash half, sprinkle lightly with brown sugar. Place sheet (with squash) in oven.

After 30 minutes, take spoon and spread melted butter in squash over cavity of squash. Turn chicken over, skin side up.

Come back after another half hour. Dinner be done. Serve with a nice mellow Chardonney.

tim in san jose

copake_ham
11-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Can I be frank about something?

I love the idea of taking part in the camera exchange.

But I'm really getting tired of this chicken recipe stuff.

Within our small family (Theresa and myself) I am the cook. I have many recipes of all types - but this is a film forum. I'm interested in banter about film, pics, what folks might want to shoot/share with the exchange etc.

But, to put it bluntly, I think the chicken recipe thing is played-out and is getting irritating.

If you want to drop me out for being a "spoil sport" fine - but I've about had it with chicken stuff.

k_jupiter
11-03-2007, 03:39 AM
Can I be frank about something?

I love the idea of taking part in the camera exchange.

But I'm really getting tired of this chicken recipe stuff.

Within our small family (Theresa and myself) I am the cook. I have many recipes of all types - but this is a film forum. I'm interested in banter about film, pics, what folks might want to shoot/share with the exchange etc.

But, to put it bluntly, I think the chicken recipe thing is played-out and is getting irritating.

If you want to drop me out for being a "spoil sport" fine - but I've about had it with chicken stuff.

George.

The camera is gone. You don't want to participate, send a note to semeuse telling them to bypass you on the list and send it to Art. You don't want to monitor the thread and receive chicken recipes, don't. There are tools that will prevent you from participating. This isn't a problem.

Nobody told you you had to post a recipe. Nobody said you had to read the thread. Nobody said you had to shoot the damn film.

I like the pagan chicken part of this. I like the fact that it's B&W. I like the fact that you will get your negative and be able to post an image you have made yourself. If you don't George, make a decision. Play or don't play. There will be a round 6, probably by someone who sends around a disposable camera with color film, and does all the standard things with it; More to your liking.

I don't care.

tim in san jose

gr82bart
11-03-2007, 05:06 AM
Geez George. Can you stop being you for one thread and post a GAWD damn chicken recipe? Heck, post a turkey one, quail, pheasant, whatever pagan creature you sacrifice 'cept a human.

Oiy.

Regards, Art

Síle
11-03-2007, 09:20 AM
I feel partly responsible (a kinda big part) for the whole chicken thing.. it started as a joke to move the camera along in Round 4 and has continued on to the beginning of Round 5.

But I'll be honest, this whole thread and what it's developed into is one of the things that I love about this place.. the diversity of topics and people, their lives and their cultures, however different.. and in the end this is all meant to be just a bit of fun, no harm is meant to anyone (chickens aside that is).

I'm sorry if it's upset you George, it wasn't intended to irritate.

Síle

Black Dog
11-03-2007, 04:58 PM
My Sabs albums are standing by......now all I need is a bat....anyway if chicken doesn't float your boat then try a new silver emulsion or developer formula.

copake_ham
11-03-2007, 08:03 PM
I feel partly responsible (a kinda big part) for the whole chicken thing.. it started as a joke to move the camera along in Round 4 and has continued on to the beginning of Round 5.

But I'll be honest, this whole thread and what it's developed into is one of the things that I love about this place.. the diversity of topics and people, their lives and their cultures, however different.. and in the end this is all meant to be just a bit of fun, no harm is meant to anyone (chickens aside that is).

I'm sorry if it's upset you George, it wasn't intended to irritate.

Síle

Sile,

Thank you for understanding.

I appreciated your joke at the time - found it quite amusing.

But any joke repeated and repeated and repeated gets initially stale and ultimately maddening.

BTW: I posted the link to the Pagan Chicken website on this thread a few days ago (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pagan+chicken+recipes&btnG=Google+Search) - see post 44 here.

And then, what "pops up"? Yes, on the other thread the very first recipe of the very first link gets posted! Proving someone has good "clip and paste' skills".

That's when the joke starts to get really boring - what are we going to do, run through the list on the web link?

I very much look forward to receiving the camera and shooting a pic - but it won't be of a chicken, and I won't be posting my favorite pagan chicken recipe - I don't share that with anyone on the web! ;) :D

semeuse
11-03-2007, 11:26 PM
it was supposed to be a chicken? Oops.

Síle
11-04-2007, 08:29 AM
it was supposed to be a chicken? Oops.

Remind me not to go to Semeuse's house for dinner any time soon... :o

George.. I'm glad you're still taking part in the camera exchange, unfortunately for us the world will just have to learn to live without your chicken!

Tim.. any chance you made a video of your pagan chicken dance? ;) Btw.. it sounds delicious (the chicken that is.. not that dance!)

Síle

Shawn Rahman
11-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Can someone please clarify for the rest of us the meaning and purpose of the whole chicken thing? Joke? Symbolism? Lighthearted attempt at something? I've tried to go over past posts to understand this, but to no avail. Was it supposed to be some kind of motivation to move the camera exchange along?

I'm not criticizing - just trying to understand. Thanks!

Rebeccammm
11-04-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm new here and I get it. There's nothing to get and its purpose has been overanalyzed. It's just for fun. Post a pagan, christian, muslim, jewish, buddhist, chicken, beef, vegetarian, fish, pork, rattlesnake or pyro recipe or don't post a recipe at all. It all tastes like chicken.
Rebecca

Shawn Rahman
11-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Thanks, Rebeccammm - I also got a wonderful explanation PM'd to me from Sile. It just seemed so bizarre to me that I guess I missed the simplicity of it all. I'll play - as soon as I send the camera off, I'll email the most inexplicably awful recipe I can find :D

Black Dog
11-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Everything tastes better with selenium toner.....

gr82bart
11-05-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm new here and I get it. There's nothing to get and its purpose has been overanalyzed. It's just for fun.This is why we need more women here on APUG. Too many testosterone filled divas and drama queens.

Regards, Art.

k_jupiter
11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
We have a bit of space at the end of the list. There have been two very worthy canidates asking to join. I will add them to the end of the list and send them the camera when (if?) it gets back to me. Others may join too in the future, but we will certainly cut it off at 25.

tim in san jose