PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

copake_ham
11-05-2007, 09:25 PM
This is why we need more women here on APUG. Too many testosterone filled divas and drama queens.

Regards, Art.

Art.

You doth indeed describe yourself so well.

OH, BTW, my wife and I are so enjoying your comments on the various foto3 threads. Classic "Art" as we like to say! ;)

Dinesh
11-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Art.

You doth indeed describe yourself so well.

:rolleyes:

k_jupiter
11-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Slight addition to the list...

We have... in order

USA
1 Travis Nunn
2 Tim Gray
3 semeuse
4 copake_ham
5 gr82bart
Europe and UK
6 Síle
7 Steve Smith
8 Black Dog
9 bjazz
Canada
10 John Bartley
11 thebanana
12 walter23
USA
13 lmn
14 FilmSprocket
15 Rebeccammm
16 geauxpez
17 foxyscootie
18 hkr
19 guissimo
20 eskyone
21 mudhaus
22 k_jupiter

This doesn't affect anyone, guissimo will still send the camera to me. I will post it to the last two new members.

I just don't want anyone to be cornfused if the see eskyone or mudhaus posting in this thread.

Welcome.

tim in san jose

copake_ham
11-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Has the camera been "launched"?

It's always interesting to follow the progress.

I would use the baseball analogy of "Tinkers to Evers to Chance" but suspect that few would understand the reference.

Shawn Rahman
11-08-2007, 10:38 PM

I would use the baseball analogy of "Tinkers to Evers to Chance" but suspect that few would understand the reference.

Any long suffering and miserable Cubs fans on APUG?

Travis Nunn
11-08-2007, 10:44 PM

I got the camera earlier this week. Hopefully I'll get my shot this weekend and send it on it's way.

By the way, I'm very familiar with Joe, Johnny and Frank ;)

copake_ham
11-08-2007, 10:50 PM

I would us the baseball analogy of "Tinkers to Evers to Chance" but suspect that few would understand the reference.

Any long suffering and miserable Cubs fans on APUG?

To those of use who "know" baseball history; "Tinkers to Evers to Chance" remains the greatest double-play combo.

Little did even they back then realize (1930's) that the Chicago Cubs team that won the World Series even further back in 1908 would be the last Chicago Cubs team to win the World Series until this very day.

But perhaps, with the centenary of their last great achievement now approaching - the Chicago Cubs will next year become the World Series Champions!

Or, perhaps not.....

k_jupiter
11-09-2007, 01:01 AM
George, you missed the part in my chicken recipe post where I announced the sailing of the camera. It is somewhere in Virginia I think, then will be heading north to your neighborhood. I sent it then over the big pond to Ireland,Wight, Brittany, and Norway. I suspect it will be back after the first rays of spring.

tim in san jose

Travis Nunn
11-19-2007, 09:18 AM
Tim Gray, the camera is on it's way to you. Now here's my chicken recipe...

White Bean Chicken Chili

1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Small onion peel/chop fine
2 Medium garlic clove peeled/chopped
1 Medium red bell pepper chopped fine
2 Cans white beans, 15 ounces each undrained
4 Ounces green chiles canned/diced
1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
1 Teaspoon chili powder
15 ounces chicken broth or chicken stock
1/2 Pound roasted chicken breast meat cut in 1/2 in. cubes
2 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons cilantro minced
6 Tablespoons salsa optional

In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and red pepper. Sauté 5 minutes. Stir the white beans, chiles, cumin, chili powder and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. A tablespoon of salsa can be used to garnish each serving of chili, if desired.

k_jupiter
11-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Tim Gray, the camera is on it's way to you. Now here's my chicken recipe...

Thank you Travis. Seeing as I feel like warmed over toast, perhaps this would be a good dinner for tonight. Looks like comfort fude.

tim in san jose

Tim Gray
11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Got the camera today. I'll try to do my picture this weekend and mail it out monday...

Tim Gray
12-05-2007, 04:26 PM
After taking my photo this weekend (I don't remember of what...), I kept forgetting to mail out the camera. Well, today I finally did. I'll try to come up with a pagan chicken recipe. I used to have a good curry chicken recipe, but I haven't eaten chicken in so long that I forget the chicken part of it... I'll try to remember though.

k_jupiter
12-05-2007, 06:03 PM
After taking my photo this weekend (I don't remember of what...), I kept forgetting to mail out the camera. Well, today I finally did. I'll try to come up with a pagan chicken recipe. I used to have a good curry chicken recipe, but I haven't eaten chicken in so long that I forget the chicken part of it... I'll try to remember though.

Pagan Chicken recipes don't have to have chicken in them.

Thanks,

We look forward to your contribution, if you remember what it is by the time it gets back here. *L*

tim in san jose

Tim Gray
12-05-2007, 10:32 PM
Ahh. I remember what it was now. Recipe to follow.

gr82bart
12-06-2007, 07:31 AM
Pagan Chicken recipes don't have to have chicken in them.:confused: You messing with voodoo and spells again, Tim? Eye of newt and toe of frog sort of thing? Egad!

Regards, Art.

k_jupiter
12-06-2007, 10:41 AM
:confused: You messing with voodoo and spells again, Tim? Eye of newt and toe of frog sort of thing? Egad!

Regards, Art.

Hey Art!

In a couple weeks I'll be doing a research run down to N.O. to catch up on my spells (and eating and drinking). Marie Laveaux and all that.

Puttin a spell on the camera.

tim in san jose

semeuse
12-06-2007, 03:46 PM
The camera arrived today. What to shoot what to shoot :)?

Shawn Rahman
12-06-2007, 03:49 PM
The camera arrived today. What to shoot what to shoot :)?

Shoot something - anything - really soon. Before some strange person gets the idea to take pictures of chickens as well.

BTW - it's a while before the camera gets to me, but I'm already looking for the recipe that includes "roadkill chickens".

semeuse
12-06-2007, 09:05 PM
Actually, I had planned on shooting chickens, but my friend (who had them)'s father beat me to it - with a 22 :(

copake_ham
12-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Now wait a minute! I'm next in line and being in NYC I don't have many chickens running about to shoot. So I was thinking about homing in on a pigeon.