PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

gr82bart
12-18-2007, 06:31 AM
Lo and behold, came home yesterday only to find a strange box in front of my door. Could it be? Why yes! I'm on my way into NYC right now to snap a pic and send it across yonder waters. Sile may have both cameras at the same time. Don't get the two mixed up!

Regards, Art

Síle
12-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Lo and behold, came home yesterday only to find a strange box in front of my door. Could it be? Why yes! I'm on my way into NYC right now to snap a pic and send it across yonder waters. Sile may have both cameras at the same time. Don't get the two mixed up!

Regards, Art

Excellent, thanks Art!

There's no legend to say that the world of film photography will end if the two camera's collide on Christmas Eve.. or anything like that I hope??

Looking forward to taking two Christmas photo's now :D

Síle

catem
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
How did I miss this thread before now?

If there's a 'next round', count me in please :)

k_jupiter
12-18-2007, 02:57 PM
How did I miss this thread before now?

If there's a 'next round', count me in please :)

There is always a 'next round'.

Sorry you missed out. Please feel free to post a pagan squab, blackbird, or Welsh rabbit recipe if you like.

It's going around.

sincerely,

tim in san jose

copake_ham
12-18-2007, 09:55 PM
There is always a 'next round'.

Sorry you missed out. Please feel free to post a pagan squab, blackbird, or Welsh rabbit recipe if you like.

It's going around.

sincerely,

tim in san jose

Aww...c'mon tim. Be a guy!

How can you deny cate?:D

When you started this Round 5 - you told us you had a couple (or was it three) of these SureShots laying around.

Why not start Round 6 with the New Year?

Next time, though, no recipes! :D

EDIT: And heck, how about some color film? Maybe some Portra 160? :D

k_jupiter
12-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Aww...c'mon tim. Be a guy!

How can you deny cate?:D

When you started this Round 5 - you told us you had a couple (or was it three) of these SureShots laying around.

Why not start Round 6 with the New Year?

Next time, though, no recipes! :D

EDIT: And heck, how about some color film? Maybe some Portra 160? :D

Sure George. Perhaps my rb67 with a 645 back so 15 of us can play. What lens would you like on it? 50,65,90,127,150 SF, or 180? I think I have a roll of 120 Velvia 50 around in the fridge. Shipping is gonna be a bear though.

The other sureshots are dedicated to my KAP project. Now perhaps I should send around the camera with a kite?

The possibilities are endless.

tim in san jose

DarkroomExperimente
12-18-2007, 10:22 PM
ooooooooooh KAP would be awesome...fly around the WORLD in 80 days

copake_ham
12-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Sure George. Perhaps my rb67 with a 645 back so 15 of us can play. What lens would you like on it? 50,65,90,127,150 SF, or 180? I think I have a roll of 120 Velvia 50 around in the fridge. Shipping is gonna be a bear though.

The other sureshots are dedicated to my KAP project. Now perhaps I should send around the camera with a kite?

The possibilities are endless.

tim in san jose

Well, if that is the inventory - let's go with the RB67 w/645 back and then I'd suggest just the 90. No need to confuse folk with a "non-normal" lens!

With that combo, if you can get it going around the 1st of '08,, figuring still short days up here in the Podes - load it with the Velvia 50 but start it down in the Antipodes (i.e. assuming we can get Thansis to be more responsive) or you might also try to recruit Tony Lockerbie down there ?

Oh, and let's not forget our Dear Leader - Sean - as a possible antipodal shooter starter!

But check first. You know those Kiwi's start shearing sheep about the time the camera kit would get there. And we wouldn't want to mess up things and have Sean sitting there with unintended gelded rams because he got all excited with the camera!

Anyway, sign me up. I've always wanted to shoot a RB67!

You, yes you, tim, you 'da man! :D ;)

Steve Smith
12-19-2007, 03:23 AM

That sounds good. just send me the film back though - I have the rest already!

Steve.

gr82bart
12-19-2007, 05:39 AM
It came. I snapped. It's mailed.

Regards, Art.

k_jupiter
12-20-2007, 12:45 AM
It came. I snapped. It's mailed.

Regards, Art.

Good job... You da man today, not me.

"We'll drink, we'll drink, we'll drink... to Sile the pink, the pink, the pink...
Photographer of the Irish race..."

Stolen tune from the Irish Rovers, a favorite of my Irish bred father...

At least it's better than "Pigs can swim and pigs can fly... pigs can see the wind go by... pigs make lovely household friends... when winter comes and summer ends..."

tim in san jose

copake_ham
12-20-2007, 12:58 AM

At least it's better than "Pigs can swim and pigs can fly... pigs can see the wind go by... pigs make lovely household friends... when winter comes and summer ends..."

tim in san jose

tim,

I'm curious where this quote comes from?

There was a fascinating Op-Ed article in the NY Times last week or so that told us how up through the 19th C. at least, rural peasants in Europe (the actual piece dealt with France) would just "hunker down" during the winter with their barn animals (living furnaces) and a few wood logs and "hibernate" through winter.

Your quote seems to "confirm" this.

Shawn Rahman
12-20-2007, 01:09 AM
With all the scintillating conversation and chicken recipes, let's not lose count of where we are. It looks like we are up to shot #6 next (Sile is next). Am I correct?

What are we including in the packaging so we know who to send it on to next? Is the whole list included?

Also, I used to be called "hkr" on this site, and that is what I am listed as on the list (#16, I think). My address has not changed, so it should be okay. Figure about another 3 months before I get it?

k_jupiter
12-20-2007, 01:12 AM
George,

Every Sunday after Church (church with a capitol 'C'), lunch or dinner was served in our Irish/Polish house to the tunes of The Irish Rovers. Mom and Dad must have had a dozen LPs. They would stack them up on the Magnavox console record player and it was either endure it or go to your room for a bit of peace and quiet. After 15 years of this ritual, every damned Irish Rover song has been burned into my brain.

I will get the significant other to look up the origins of this particular song. She is an internet search wizard extraordinare.

tim in san jose

k_jupiter
12-20-2007, 01:20 AM
With all the scintillating conversation and chicken recipes, let's not lose count of where we are. It looks like we are up to shot #6 next (Sile is next). Am I correct?

What are we including in the packaging so we know who to send it on to next? Is the whole list included?

Also, I used to be called "hkr" on this site, and that is what I am listed as on the list (#16, I think). My address has not changed, so it should be okay. Figure about another 3 months before I get it?

Change your name? ! You lose your place in line. No camera for you!

I am just kidding. The list is included in the package, if it somehow gets lost, I will send the person a replacement list to include. All members of the list are listed by real names and addresses on the shipping list. Thanks for the update on name change, it will help in the identification part of the project (tentatively November of 2008).

As far as when? They are still looking for camera 1.

It will take a little longer to get through Europe, then on to Canada and wind up here in the US of A. Hard to say, not knowing.

Turn the camera off!

tim in san jose

Síle
12-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Tim,

I haven't heard the song Lily the Pink in years! You prompted me to go search it out on You Tube and watch it.. it was a hit when I was young and my parents had the vinyl disc which I played, on repeat, (much to the annoyance of the other household members) many a time.. Ah memory lane..

Still waiting patiently for my Post man to deliver either camera 4 or 5..
But who will win.. Australia or the US... :confused:

Síle

Marc Akemann
12-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Good job... You da man today, not me.

"We'll drink, we'll drink, we'll drink... to Sile the pink, the pink, the pink...
Photographer of the Irish race..."

Stolen tune from the Irish Rovers, a favorite of my Irish bred father...

tim in san jose

Instead of eating lunch, my curiosity got the best of me....

Pigs Can't Swim

Melody:
By: W. Millar
On: The Irish Rovers, Tales to Warm Your Mind

I once had a pig that loved me
We lived in a shed in the country
In a middle class district of Dunfries
But that sad kind of pig was he

Chorus:
Pigs can't swim and pigs can't fly
But pigs can see the wind go by
Pigs make lovely household friends
When winter comes and summer ends.

Each week that lofty beastie
Would beg with eyes so misty
To take a boat o'er to England
His life dreams to fulfill.

To plunge into the Channel
Swim to France would be his gamble
Lord Chadwick couldn't hold a candle
To such a darin' pig as he.

"Are you tired of me?" I asked him
"Will our friendship not be lastin'?"
But he told me I was graspin'
And he needed to be free.

"So will you take me there tomorrow?"
"In a pigs eye" I said with sorrow
So he drowned himself in the bathtub
(Naughty boy) and I had porkchops for me tea.

Early in the morning
So early in the morning.
So early in the morning.
Before the break of day.

Found the lyrics here: http://gamgee.acad.emich.edu/~roth/SONGS/pigs_cant.html

Perhaps a song Homer Simpson should not sing to "Spider Pig".

;)

Marc

copake_ham
12-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Instead of eating lunch, my curiosity got the best of me....

Pigs Can't Swim

Melody:
By: W. Millar
On: The Irish Rovers, Tales to Warm Your Mind

I once had a pig that loved me
We lived in a shed in the country
In a middle class district of Dunfries
But that sad kind of pig was he

Chorus:
Pigs can't swim and pigs can't fly
But pigs can see the wind go by
Pigs make lovely household friends
When winter comes and summer ends.

Each week that lofty beastie
Would beg with eyes so misty
To take a boat o'er to England
His life dreams to fulfill.

To plunge into the Channel
Swim to France would be his gamble
Lord Chadwick couldn't hold a candle
To such a darin' pig as he.

"Are you tired of me?" I asked him
"Will our friendship not be lastin'?"
But he told me I was graspin'
And he needed to be free.

"So will you take me there tomorrow?"
"In a pigs eye" I said with sorrow
So he drowned himself in the bathtub
(Naughty boy) and I had porkchops for me tea.

Early in the morning
So early in the morning.
So early in the morning.
Before the break of day.

Found the lyrics here: http://gamgee.acad.emich.edu/~roth/SONGS/pigs_cant.html

Perhaps a song Homer Simpson should not sing to "Spider Pig".

;)

Marc

Ya gotta love this site! :D

gr82bart
12-23-2007, 12:47 PM
There's no legend to say that the world of film photography will end if the two camera's collide on Christmas Eve.. or anything like that I hope?? There's no amount of pagan rituals that will help Tim if he dips the colour film into his soup! :p

Regards, Art.

k_jupiter
12-23-2007, 01:51 PM
There's no amount of pagan rituals that will help Tim if he dips the colour film into his soup! :p

Regards, Art.

You underestimate me Art. That old pagan recipe Tetenal to the rescue!

tim in san jose