PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Síle
12-24-2007, 07:49 AM
The planets have aligned.. and camera number two arrived this morning.. :D

I'll take the shot in the next few days, but post resumes Friday here, so I won't get them off until at least next weekend.

In the meantime they're happily sharing travel stories under the Christmas tree :)

Síle

Síle
01-05-2008, 02:41 PM
I finally got a day where the Irish weather and the daylight hours gave me a break.. Shot taken and the camera will be on it's way to Steve in the Isle of Wight tomorrow :D

Sorry it took so long.. Christmas and New Years definitely interfered with my shooting plans..

Síle

P.s. Pagan sacrificial Chicken recipe to follow...

Black Dog
01-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Looking forward to reading [and eating] it:p:p....

copake_ham
01-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I finally got a day where the Irish weather and the daylight hours gave me a break.. Shot taken and the camera will be on it's way to Steve in the Isle of Wight tomorrow :D

Sorry it took so long.. Christmas and New Years definitely interfered with my shooting plans..

Síle

P.s. Pagan sacrificial Chicken recipe to follow...

Now you DID remember which camera was #4 and which was #5, right? ;)

Síle
01-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Now you DID remember which camera was #4 and which was #5, right? ;)

I'm so glad to see you have such faith in me George.. Sure I did.. the one with the lens and the shutter was #4 and the one with the.. Oh.. :rolleyes:

Síle

Shawn Rahman
01-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Tim / George:

So that we minimize the potential lost camera syndrome of past rounds, how about posting an update of the list and PM'ng the next person EACH time a shot is taken so the next person on the list can expect the camera? Can we get the current list & status up on the board? If I'm counting correctly, Steve Smith is next?

Thanks!

Shawn Rahman
(formerly hkr)

Steve Smith
01-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I certainly am next. No sign of the camera yet though!

Steve.

k_jupiter
01-08-2008, 03:48 PM
I certainly am next. No sign of the camera yet though!

Steve.

I am sure Sile gave the guy with the rowboat plenty of money to ensure the proper delivery to you.

All in good time.

Maybe next time we should use carrier pigeons. That would be different. *L*

tim in san jose

Steve Smith
01-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Once it gets across the Irish sea it has to travel down towards Southampton, probably by donkey, then onto another boat to get to me. Hopefully the first boatman didn't take up all of the nautical conveyance budget.

Steve.

IOS
01-10-2008, 07:09 PM
I guess its to late to join this round ???

IOS
01-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Or better yet, i can send a camera out and we can have a msytical round ! i can load it will a roll of Kodak HIE and develope it when it comes back. Let me know if it sounds ok ?

Jim

k_jupiter
01-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Either way Jim.

Send me your snail mail address, I'll add you at the end (but before me).

tim in san jose

Steve Smith
01-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Shot taken and the camera will be on it's way to Steve in the Isle of Wight tomorrow

It must have travelled to me in a westerly direction right around the world as it turned up this morning - eleven days later!

Steve.

Síle
01-16-2008, 07:43 PM
It must have travelled to me in a westerly direction right around the world as it turned up this morning - eleven days later!

Steve.

Welcome to the benefits of the Irish postal system...
Glad it arrived safe and sound :)

Síle

copake_ham
01-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Welcome to the benefits of the Irish postal system...
Glad it arrived safe and sound :)

Síle

Sile,

Too bad, so sad. I was wondering who'd "flinch first".

'Tis it really a problem of dear Ireland's post? Or could it be, perhaps, that the English folk on the other side of the Irish Sea cannot read postage denominated in Euros and held the dear package hostage for a while? ;)

Síle
01-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Sile,

Too bad, so sad. I was wondering who'd "flinch first".

'Tis it really a problem of dear Ireland's post? Or could it be, perhaps, that the English folk on the other side of the Irish Sea cannot read postage denominated in Euros and held the dear package hostage for a while? ;)

Not only possible George.... but quite probable ...
Seriously though... our postal system sucks big time... I mailed a package before Christmas only for it to arrive 4 weeks after it was posted..

I believe they still use carrier pigeon.. :o

Síle

Black Dog
01-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Obviously the pigeons OD'd on the mince pies....:p

bjazz
01-19-2008, 06:03 AM
I believe they still use carrier pigeon.. :o
Síle

...or maybe pagan pigeon?

-B

Black Dog
01-19-2008, 06:32 AM
...any chance of a pigeon recipe?:D

Síle
01-19-2008, 11:35 AM
...any chance of a pigeon recipe?:D

Ask and ye shall receive...

Pagan Pigeon Pie

4-5 pigeons
salt and pepper
8oz stewing beef
8oz shortcrust pastry
egg to glaze
2 tsp cornflour
10fl oz stock

Heat the oven to 180C.. Joint the birds into two breast joints and two leg joints each and stew the rest of the carcass in a little water to make stock for the gravy.
Cut the beef into small pieces and line a deep 8in pie dish with these.
Lay the pigeon joints on top, cover with water, add salt and pepper, then cover the pie dish with greased paper or aluminium foil.
Place in the oven and simmer for 1˝ hours. Remove from the oven and raise oven temperature to 200C.
Cover the pie with the shortcrust pastry, brush the top with beaten egg, put back into the oven and bake until the pastry is golden brown.
Make a gravy by mixing 2tsp cornflour with a little cold water and add to 10fl oz of the warmed stock. Allow to thicken while stirring, season and serve with the pie.

Síle