PDA

View Full Version : Sign up for Round 5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

k_jupiter
01-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Glad you got it straight.

I'm so boomfoggled b/w Round 4 and 5 that I about to send Asian New Year plus Lenten, tofu-based, mock flying fish recipes for Passover out to a bunch of pagan groundhog worshipers! :o:D

"pagan groundhog worshippers " is redundant. Like tunafish.

tim in san jose

copake_ham
01-28-2008, 09:07 PM
"pagan groundhog worshippers " is redundant. Like tunafish.

tim in san jose

Damn, Tim! You keep stepping on my punchlines! :p:D;)

Black Dog
01-29-2008, 02:12 PM
I'll be aiming to post the camera to Bjazz within the next week or so....recipe to follow.

bjazz
02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm looking forward to get the camera... even though I find it a bit hard to decide what to shoot... so many options....

Anyway, take your time.....we probably will have a very dark cloudy sky (and a lot of rain) for as long as the long term weather forecast lasts...

Just to be prepared; is it a fully automatic point and shoot camera, or are there any options for aperture or shutter etc?

-Bjarne

k_jupiter
02-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm looking forward to get the camera... even though I find it a bit hard to decide what to shoot... so many options....

Anyway, take your time.....we probably will have a very dark cloudy sky (and a lot of rain) for as long as the long term weather forecast lasts...

Just to be prepared; is it a fully automatic point and shoot camera, or are there any options for aperture or shutter etc?

-Bjarne

Hmmmm...
there be options for shooting with flash, without flash.. but it's pretty automatic. It has auto-focus, you get to set the focal length. There is the on off switch on the back, if there are symbols you don't understand, just write and I'll explain them to you.

tim in san jose

copake_ham
02-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Hmmmm...
there be options for shooting with flash, without flash.. but it's pretty automatic. It has auto-focus, you get to set the focal length. There is the on off switch on the back, if there are symbols you don't understand, just write and I'll explain them to you.

tim in san jose

In other words, just turn it on, point it at what you want to shoot and click.

If it "needs" light - the flash will go off. If not, it won't.

====

And now, Tim, do you understand why Art only sent around a disposable? ;)

BTW: what if we send one of these with the requirement you shoot an indoor (i.e. flash) shot?

Am I a pagan devil or what? :D

k_jupiter
02-04-2008, 10:33 PM
In other words, just turn it on, point it at what you want to shoot and click.

If it "needs" light - the flash will go off. If not, it won't.

====

And now, Tim, do you understand why Art only sent around a disposable? ;)

Am I a pagan devil or what? :D

You had the camera George. You know the switch allows you to choose flash or no flash. I think this is a better camera than a plastic lensed cardboard box.

Are you a pagan devil? My recipe for copake_deviled__ham_on_toast to follow.

tim in san jose

copake_ham
02-04-2008, 10:49 PM
You had the camera George. You know the switch allows you to choose flash or no flash. ...

tim in san jose

It did?

Geez, I never realized that - what with all those icons and buttons and switches.

Heck, I just put it on "stun" and hoped for the best! ;)

gr82bart
02-04-2008, 11:11 PM
And now, Tim, do you understand why Art only sent around a disposable? ;)But it had a zoom feature, just to throw some of you off!

Regards, Art.

bjazz
02-05-2008, 01:15 AM
Hmmmm...
There is the on off switch on the back, if there are symbols you don't understand, just write and I'll explain them to you.
tim in san jose

Thanks....I have been using a camera with an on/off switch before, so I believe I will be able to figure it out ;-)

-Bj

k_jupiter
02-05-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks....I have been using a camera with an on/off switch before, so I believe I will be able to figure it out ;-)

-Bj

But these aren't runes. :D

tim in san jose

bjazz
02-05-2008, 12:17 PM
But these aren't runes. :D

tim in san jose

Well....I guess I will have something pagan to _spell_ it out for me anyway :D

k_jupiter
02-05-2008, 03:52 PM
At least George isn't claiming I Runed his joke.

Let us know when you get the camera, take your time getting a nice Nordic image, and we'll go from there.

tim

Black Dog
02-05-2008, 06:09 PM
A troll would be good...:p

copake_ham
02-05-2008, 08:16 PM
A troll would be good...:p

Or, Hagar the Horrible....

bjazz
02-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Or, Hagar the Horrible....

Speaking of Hagar...

I haven't got a pagan chicken recipe to share, but I have another one that probably has been Runed...

The recipe was used by Hagar and the other Vikings before they went to combat. To get into the right berserk mood they either had a meal of toxic fungus, or they drank a lot of mead. So here comes the mead recipe. (Warning: If you try this at home, please be aware that this was used to make the vikings extremely dangerous!)

MEAD ingredients:
2 kilos of honey
9 litres clean water (it actually says "clean water")
1 teasp. cinnamon
1 teasp. ginger
1/2 teasp. clove
2 pealed lemons
50 g yeast
1-3 g hop

Now, there is a 10-step how-to-instruction as well, but I am not sure if I should reveal that....

I think I'll have my _shot_ with the camera anyway...

Will let you know when it arrives.

-Bj

bjazz
02-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Sorry - I forgot the runes....

This one says: "How to brew mead"!

http://www.arild-hauge.com/arild-hauge/mead.gif

-Bj

copake_ham
02-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Sorry - I forgot the runes....

This one says: "How to brew mead"!

http://www.arild-hauge.com/arild-hauge/mead.gif

-Bj

Geez, maybe instead you could tell us about the toxic fungus stuff - sounds like ergot or magic 'shrooms to me! :D

k_jupiter
02-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Geez, maybe instead you could tell us about the toxic fungus stuff - sounds like ergot or magic 'shrooms to me! :D

When I get the date of the Santa Cruz fungus faire, I'll post it for you. A nice time to wander with the little fawns in the hills above Santa Cruz... and your own personal troupe of fungus experts. <wink, wink, nudge, nudge.. know what I mean?>

tim in san jose

semeuse
02-07-2008, 01:35 AM
or how about some toxic pagan mead - you know the stuff with all the icons and buttons in it