PDA

View Full Version : Call for Entries

SuzanneR
10-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Not that I want to give myself more competition if I decide to enter, but I would like to see more film photographers showing work!! These awards may be worth the entry, especially for Apuggers...

http://www.thespiderawards.com/

Andrew Moxom
10-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Suzanne, I am considering entering, but there are some limiting factors. The submissions must be pure black and white ONLY. Any images which are warmer in color, or toned, will be converted to gray scale. To me that limits those people that like a warmer, or cooler, or otherwise toned image. I can certainly understand that it will allow for cheaper scanning and printing of entrants work, but sometimes overall image color can make a shot. I am aso torn in the format to submit. Digital or regular print.

jgcull
10-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Just curious, why might it say that all prints should be borderless? Do you know?

Jon Shiu
10-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Just curious, why might it say that all prints should be borderless? Do you know?

I'm guessing easier to scan? Since it's an internationally judged contest I think they would need to digitize everything to distribute.

Jon

rjas
10-20-2007, 02:21 PM
The entry fees are pretty steep...

nicolai
10-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Bleh, entry fee! (I know they're shockingly common, but that doesn't make them ok.)

seawolf66
01-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Its Like Buying a lottery Ticket : You can hope !