PDA

View Full Version : Northern Ohio Gathering, Fall of 2008, Cuyahoga Valley National Park

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

DeBone 75
09-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Although I only got to be there one day, I really enjoyed myself. It was nice to be around others that have like interests. Thank you John and Dolly for letting us invade your home. After seeing others work, there are some very talented photogs on this forum. I could only hope. Thanks
Les Wall

Peter Spangenberg
09-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Even though I was only able to participate Fri and Sat, it was great meeting everyone and sharing in the event. Thanks John and Dolly for hosting. I hope the group stays in touch so we can have a reunion next year.
Peter

smieglitz
09-22-2008, 07:55 PM
I enjoyed meeting some new folks and re-establishing contact with others met earlier. Some nice work was presented and also some great toys about. Thanks for hosting John.

jp80874
09-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks John... everyone! I had a really good time. Always nice to spend time with old friends as well as meet new ones. Good choice on the weather too John!

PS... Almost forgot my highpoint. The ride through the countryside in John's little Porche Speedster (http://www.specialtyauto.com/PORSCHE.htm) with the top down. (don't think I would've fit otherwise!)

Woo hooo!

Bill,

Glad you enjoyed. I hope you didn't think that was a Subaru powered Replica. Outrage! It is a 1955 Pre A 356 Porsche Speedster. The former owner and restorer was 6'3". It rained the day he drove it over from Pittsburgh. The top was up, but there was a large lump where his head was trying to poke through the top.

It is always fun to be with friends, new and old.

John

jp80874
09-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Glad you all enjoyed.

John

billschwab
09-23-2008, 04:37 PM
:)

No John... I realized it was the real thing. Sorry, I just went with the first easy link I found and didn't notice they were replicas!

Shawn Dougherty
09-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks so much for hosting this, John (and Dolly). The close access to cuyahoga valley national park was awesome, I'll be making the trip more often now that I've had a chance to explore. The print was the least I could do, John.

It was great to meet everyone, though if John is kind enough, I hope I can come a little earlier next year. It was exciting to see everyone's work in person and some of the cools toys - I mean tools - we all use!

I've got my film developed now so hopefully I'll start posting some work into the galleries this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone created so be sure to post as well. All the best. Shawn

And Peter, thanks so much for the lens!

jp80874
09-24-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks so much for hosting this, John (and Dolly). The close access to cuyahoga valley national park was awesome, I'll be making the trip more often now that I've had a chance to explore. The print was the least I could do, John.

It was great to meet everyone, though if John is kind enough, I hope I can come a little earlier next year. It was exciting to see everyone's work in person and some of the cools toys - I mean tools - we all use!

I've got my film developed now so hopefully I'll start posting some work into the galleries this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone created so be sure to post as well. All the best. Shawn

And Peter, thanks so much for the lens!

Shawn,

Let us know when you want to come. From what I saw everyone enjoyed you, your work and the beautiful presentation. I am sure we could scare up some fellow shooters to enjoy more of the same, here or at Nelson Ledges. The back yard awaits your tent.

John

winger
09-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Shawn,

Let us know when you want to come. From what I saw everyone enjoyed you, your work and the beautiful presentation. I am sure we could scare up some fellow shooters to enjoy more of the same, here or at Nelson Ledges. The back yard awaits your tent.

John
I was thinking of trying to do a 2 day trip once the leaves have turned a bit. I'd like to try Nelson Ledges as well as more in Cuyahoga park.

Jeff Bannow
09-24-2008, 12:13 PM
We would love to come back as well some time - I miss Country Maid already! (And the puppies as well, of course.) :)

djkloss
09-24-2008, 12:26 PM
me too!

jp80874
09-24-2008, 02:05 PM
You all come. Be sure to let me know when. I don't want the girls to go snarling after a burglar just to find it is Jeff rubbing his tummy over a warm apple pie ala mode.

John

winger
09-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Let us know when there's a start to some color in the leaves. I'll scrounge up some color film and save some calories for the ice cream.

jp80874
09-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Let us know when there's a start to some color in the leaves. I'll scrounge up some color film and save some calories for the ice cream.

Ah, now we know the only person in the group that doesn't know I am color blind.

John

Lee L
09-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Ah, now we know the only person in the group that doesn't know I am color blind.

John

How about letting us know when the leaves change shades of gray? :)

I have a load of Kodachrome that I need to use, so I'll be keeping an eye on the colors. A few of our very earliest trees are already starting to go here, an hour west of John. I can let folks know what's up here with fall colors and would be glad to meet up for shooting as family and other commitments allow.

I have a 66% reduction in soccer games this fall, so my hopes are up.

Lee

winger
09-24-2008, 08:57 PM

John
Oh, yeah.... I forgot about that. Lee, your help with the colors would be good. And if anyone is near the park who does see color... (not that I won't be shooting some B&W, too).

jp80874
09-25-2008, 05:20 AM
How about letting us know when the leaves change shades of gray? :)
Lee

Yes, that was just before Ike blew through here @ 60-75mph and took off all the leaves that had dried up from the drought. Just another way of seeing things. Dolly and Lee can let us know.

John

ic-racer
09-25-2008, 11:18 AM
I'll have a head start on you all. The trees start to change about 5 hours earlier up north here...:) So far...all green.

ic-racer
09-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm starting to get some of the negatives I shot last week printed up. I printed this one last night. Taken with the 8x10 Century from that lower viewing platform at Brandywine falls.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/ic-racer/Falls.jpg

djkloss
09-27-2008, 05:09 PM
stunning image!