PDA

View Full Version : UK Print Exchange Round 10

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Steve Smith
11-17-2007, 11:27 AM
I received not one but two prints from Steve Smith today. Thanks Steve.

At first I was drawn to the image of the post on the beach. Perfect depth of field and nice contrast. And then the more I looked at the image of the three trees the more I liked it. Just shows that sometimes you need to go beyond first impressions when viewing prints.

I'm also pleased to see what the Ilford matt paper looks like as I've never used it before - it's very nice.

That's the flattest I have ever got FB paper. I used the 'heavy book for a few days' method. Anything I have tried in the past gave me temporarily flat prints which curl up after about a day.

Steve.

Dave Miller
11-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Mine went in the post at 10am this morning. Er tell me lads do we normaly use first class post? It should be with recipient Monday or Teusday.
Regards Paul.
The choice of delivery medium and time-scale is yours:)

GFDarlington
11-19-2007, 08:12 AM
Hi Guys

I am having real trouble accessing APUG at the moment - basically, I can only get on to the site from my work PC and not from home as it continuously times out before connecting. This means that I only picked up the message from Brian this morning about my involvement in Round 10.

I can't see a deadline for this round but its unliklley that I'll be able to get a freash print out till after next weekend. If the deadline is sooner than, say, the end of the month, then I'll have to send and older print from my portfolio. How long have I got?

Graham

Brian Jeffery
11-19-2007, 10:00 AM
you got me there, I was thinking of a deadline, but never actually got round to posting one :)

Well, I think we should all aim to get our prints out by the 11th December, but as I don't intend to kick off round 11 until the new year you should all have a couple of extra weeks to catch up.

Brian

Dave Miller
11-20-2007, 02:26 PM
I received a well crafted image of the interior of Worcester Cathedral from Paul today. It was accompanied by an interesting tale of itís taking.

Paul, just to demonstrate that I did make it to the end, may I suggest that you consider membership of the:
Postal Photo Club (http://www.postalphotoclub.org.uk/)

Iím in Circle 2, as are two other members of this forum. For a modest outlay you could receive 15 prints a month to enjoy.

vincedixon
11-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi

Mine in the post today

Regards

Paul.
11-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the link Dave, will give it serious consideration. Hope you enjoy the print.

Regards Paul.

Stan160
11-22-2007, 02:35 AM
Received a fantastic print from Dave Miller this week.

My print is being delayed at the moment while I get to grips with FB paper. Hopefully have it ready to send next week.

Ian

Brian Jeffery
11-27-2007, 02:02 PM
I've received a fine print from Vince Dixon last week. Sorry for the delay in replying but I've been totally snowed under at work :(

It's a great print Vince who is another C330 user, which is always good to see :)

Brian

Black Dog
11-27-2007, 06:51 PM
We C330 users control the whole world!:D

GFDarlington
12-07-2007, 12:36 PM
I received a print all the way from 'dans le Chambre noir' this morning (thanks Jake). Fascinating study of a megalith - I had presumed that it was possibly somewhere in North west France but I then spied a pencil note on the back of the image which suggests the Castlerigg stone circle? Thing is, although I know the circle reasonably well - its only 60 miles away from me, near to Keswick - its hard to tell from the image. This is because rather than show the usual topographic perspective, it instead offers a wonderfully abstract composition, which reveals only one side of one of the stones, of which only a tiny sliver is in focus. The rest of the iamge is a geometric pattern of out of focus shadows and highlights.

Masterly and very creative. And, as its a square format............... can I assume a C330?

By the way Jake, with stuff like this, why aren't you posting to the galleries?

Graham

GFDarlington
12-07-2007, 12:41 PM
By the way - I forgot to mention - I posted my print out this morning. It should get to its recipient early next week.

Graham

Black Dog
12-07-2007, 06:20 PM
I received a print all the way from 'dans le Chambre noir' this morning (thanks Jake). Fascinating study of a megalith - I had presumed that it was possibly somewhere in North west France but I then spied a pencil note on the back of the image which suggests the Castlerigg stone circle? Thing is, although I know the circle reasonably well - its only 60 miles away from me, near to Keswick - its hard to tell from the image. This is because rather than show the usual topographic perspective, it instead offers a wonderfully abstract composition, which reveals only one side of one of the stones, of which only a tiny sliver is in focus. The rest of the iamge is a geometric pattern of out of focus shadows and highlights.

Masterly and very creative. And, as its a square format............... can I assume a C330?

By the way Jake, with stuff like this, why aren't you posting to the galleries?

Graham

Thanks Graham, glad you enjoyed it [if you're a longterm reader of UK B+W, some of my work was in the april 02 and June 03 issues].I've made quite a few visits to Castlerigg and, yes, this was done on my trusty C330. I'm spending so much time in the darkroom at the moment catching up on my huge neg backlog I'm too busy to scan anything-hopefully next week.

Jon Butler
12-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi,
Sorry I am late sending my print for this round, I have just
got back from working in Sweden. I will put one in the
post by Friday at the latest.

Cheers JON.

simulatordan
12-11-2007, 04:26 PM
hello all,

Received a fine print from Graham today. I like the sombre mood and the grittiness of the image. Thanks very much.

I'm afraid I am late again with my print which I hope to have in the post by the weekend; it is currently flattening under some heavy books.

Regards Daniel

Black Dog
12-12-2007, 06:53 PM
BTW, really enjoyed Barry Wakelin's moody lith print of Derwentwater, one of my favourite spots.:D

Stan160
12-13-2007, 05:21 AM
Sent my entry out at last.

Ian

Steve Smith
12-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi,
Sorry I am late sending my print for this round, I have just
got back from working in Sweden. I will put one in the
post by Friday at the latest.

Cheers JON.

It turned up today. A view of a Greek harbour taken on Kodak HIE. Much better than any of my efforts with IR.

Thanks,

Steve.

Brian Jeffery
12-17-2007, 02:08 PM
The good news: I got in the darkroom this weekend and produced my print for round ten

The bad news: It's got a yellow cast

I'd just been doing some prints on Foma Chamois and it left a yellow dye in the chemicals. So, I'm afraid my print's going to be delayed a few days whilst I re-print it.

Sorry,

Brian

Jon Butler
12-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Hi,
Received a print on Friday from STAN 160. Thanks Stan.

Regards JON.