PDA

View Full Version : 20 x 24 sightings?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

jgjbowen
12-14-2007, 12:12 AM
John you are right about that one!...that is where a nice revolving back option comes in.
;)

Dave, a revolving back won't solve that problem....probably only a step ladder will solve the problem of pulling a 24" darkslide vertically from a 20x24 camera...

Sandy,

When I posted my note, the jpeg of you with the camera strapped to your back wasn't visible....at least not on my computer....it is visible now...

John

sanking
12-14-2007, 12:27 AM
Sandy, you make it look so easy with that big camera.
I was raised outside of Washington D.C. and I miss the warm winters. I always remember Christmas being 45-50 with some light rain. I also remember thinking it was cold then. How naive, now I just pray I can keep all my fingers and toes until spring. :)

Brian,

It may look easy, but working with a camera this size is very challenging.

I grew up in the deep south in Louisiana. Never wanted to leave, but had to go north to South Carolina for career opportunity. I hate cold weather, and suffer in it terribly. My current latitude of 34 35' north is the as far north as I ever want to live on a permanent basis. First several years I lived in South Carolina we had temperatures below 10 degrees several times each winter at night. Now it rarely gets below 25 at night.

BYW, all images courtesy of my good friend Sam Wang.

Sandy

MattKing
12-14-2007, 01:25 AM
Sandy:

Somehow, I don't expect to see you with your 20x24 on the shoreside rocks on Gabriola Island :)

The camera looks wonderful.

Matt

RobertP
12-14-2007, 02:10 AM
Just having the ability to strap that thing on a pack frame and hike any distance at all with it shows the cutting edge technology. Thanks for sharing Sandy. Robert

Kerik
12-14-2007, 03:46 AM
Sandy, you are the MAN!

photomc
12-14-2007, 07:54 AM
I especially like the covered parking you were able to find for it.

Gee, I thought that was just the darkslide :o

Looks Great Sandy, look forward to seeing some new work from you...

Richard T Ritter
12-14-2007, 09:08 AM
80 degrees. Send me some. Day time hight was 20 and the low was a foot of snow with more to follow.
Maybe if I am really good Sandy Claus will leave a print by made by the camera and Mr King.
Glad to here you are enjoying the camera.
The elves are enjoying the left over parts they found the back makes a wonderful bob sled.

sanking
12-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Sandy:

Somehow, I don't expect to see you with your 20x24 on the shoreside rocks on Gabriola Island :)

The camera looks wonderful.

Matt

Probably not, but I have been there several times with a 5X7. May go again next summer.

Sandy

sanking
12-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Sandy, you are the MAN!

Hi Kerik/Big Ass Camera Man,

From you that means a lot!!

Sandy King

Removed Account
12-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Probably not, but I have been there several times with a 5X7. May go again next summer.

Sandy

Sandy, you could always bring the 20x24 down this time of year if you enjoy parasailing! :D

- Justin

jgjbowen
12-15-2007, 07:52 AM
The elves are enjoying the left over parts they found the back makes a wonderful bob sled.

LOL

Richard, I can't get this image out of my head :D

Zebra
12-16-2007, 04:04 PM
After enjoying Sandy's offerings of Richard's great work I thought I would throw some pics of Hiromi's work in the mix. Here is my Ebony 20 x 24 with accompanied reference points, my kids and their aritfacts; Specs of the camera for those interesed can be found at Badger Graphic.

Hope you enjoy seeing the different approaches. Obviously the Ebony is heavier in all aspects, including the weight on the pocketbook. Nonetheless I have enjoyed the camera immensly.

Monty

jgjbowen
12-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Monty,

Looks like you could shoot some life size images of the little angel on the right ;-)

sanking
12-16-2007, 09:20 PM
After enjoying Sandy's offerings of Richard's great work I thought I would throw some pics of Hiromi's work in the mix. Here is my Ebony 20 x 24 with accompanied reference points, my kids and their aritfacts; Specs of the camera for those interesed can be found at Badger Graphic.

Hope you enjoy seeing the different approaches. Obviously the Ebony is heavier in all aspects, including the weight on the pocketbook. Nonetheless I have enjoyed the camera immensly.

Monty

Nice camera, Monty. But those girls steal the show!!

Sandy King

Dinesh
12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
I believe that the young man on the right is Monty's son.

Zebra
12-16-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah Sandy I threw you an anchor on that one, that is my son Satchel Cochise on the right there. We get a little lazy around our house when it comes to haircuts and damn if he didn't go and get used to it. I'm not sure he's as afraid of the barber as I am of Kerik's clowns but it's somewhere in between at this point.

Monty

Jeremy
12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure he's as afraid of the barber as I am of Kerik's clowns but it's somewhere in between at this point.

Monty

The fiance is with you on that one, Monty. Was in Houston a little while ago and I was trying to figure out if I could get her one of Kerik's wet plate images for XMas *you know, a gift for her!* and while I just love the clown shots she said the only place we could hang it would be in my studio... I was okay with that idea, but I think she might be a little miffed so the cash went towards the engagement ring instead.

Kerik
12-17-2007, 01:17 PM
so the cash went towards the engagement ring instead.Dammit! Foiled Again!

Merry Christmas and congrats on the engagement Jeremy.