PDA

View Full Version : Seascapes in Cork/Waterford

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Fintan
11-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Okay, any preferences on a county folks? (ie waterford, wexford or cork?) and if cork east or west?

I'd fancy waterford Mel if you dont wanna do cork, I wanted to have something close for you and fluffy. Wicklow was close for David and Síle last time.

Do you have anything seascapey in mind??

dferrie
11-07-2007, 03:26 PM
There is the Copper Coast in Waterford, check out http://www.coppercoastgeopark.com/

David

Fintan
11-07-2007, 04:50 PM
There is the Copper Coast in Waterford, check out http://www.coppercoastgeopark.com/

David

Neat David, thats perfect. Its kindof handy to have a photo tour operator like yourself on the forum :D:D:D

melball
11-08-2007, 04:37 AM
To be honest waterford is only an hour or so from me (I'm in east Cork) and it's no problem to pick up fluffy. I don't mind the drive.

dferrie
11-08-2007, 04:53 AM
The Copper coast is located between Dungarvan in the west and Tramore in the east, towards Dungarvan in the west, more precisely between Fenor / Dunhill / Kilfarrasy and Stradbally.

We could start from Dungarvan and work east. I suggest this as I think Dungarvan is a much nice place to stay than Tramore. It would also mean (I think) that it would shorten the home trip for those who would have traveled farthest to get there.

David

melball
11-08-2007, 07:08 AM
Sounds good. I've sent my man to the shop to get a set of tide tables for us (he works in Dungarvan). Have you used any hotels/b&bs in Dungarvan David? Any reccommendations? If not I can get Adrian to ask his colleagues for the local knowledge and I'll do some ringing around.
Mel

dferrie
11-08-2007, 07:29 AM
I haven't use B&B's in Dungarvan but I believe I have a list of them at home from Failte Ireland. I did stay in the Park hotel there is really nice but I think probably too expensive for an APUG outing :D . There is the Clonea/Gold Coast but it is some distance from the town and personally it's not one I would recommend.

As far as I can remember there are a couple of B&B's listed on the Dungarvan tourism site www.dungarvantourism.com, we would probably want one close to the town/town center but with parking. I think if we can get together a list of who is staying overnight we night be able to strike a deal with the proprietor of which ever B&B we use.

My normal approach is to call and ask for their standard rates and then ask what discount they will give for x number of rooms.

David

fluffy_penguins
11-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Location looks great, really interesting...
Cath.

Fintan
11-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Before we settle on a b+b we need to know the number of rooms needed. I rang one today but they only have 3 rooms and is only 38 euro per person.

So can we have a roll call for overnighters on Friday?

dferrie
11-08-2007, 02:45 PM
I'm on for the overnight

David

fluffy_penguins
11-08-2007, 03:20 PM
I'd be into staying overnight... that way we can have a few drinks, catch up, all that. But have to consult with mel first as we're gonna drive up together. well, she'll drive. i'll ... um.... navigate! yeah, that's it!

C

Fintan
11-08-2007, 03:25 PM
and me, thats 3

dferrie
11-08-2007, 05:09 PM
well, she'll drive. i'll ... um.... navigate! yeah, that's it!
C

A woman was stopped by a Garda on the N25 from Cork to Waterford as he noticed she was driving with a penguin in the card. The Garda told the driver to bring the penguin straight to Fota Wildlife park. He was stunned we later the same day he spotted the same woman and the penguin still in the car. The Garda demanded to know what the woman was doing, she replied that the penguin enjoyed Fota and now she was bringing her to the copper coast to shoot seascapes :D

Sorry couldn't resist, joke courtesy of my 10 year daughter.

David

Síle
11-08-2007, 06:40 PM
So can we have a roll call for overnighters on Friday?

Anseo.. is dóigh liom é!

Síle

melball
11-09-2007, 01:47 AM
I'm up for an overnighter

dferrie
11-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Looks like we are up to 5 overnighters

Fintan
11-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8700 series: BlackBerry8707/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Great. I will check some more b&b places during the week when I get back to earth. Yes this Les Mclean course is totally superb!! But anyway I'll post more during the week.

thefizz
11-12-2007, 03:07 AM
As you know Fintan, I also plan to stay over Friday night. If rooms are hard to find, then I don't mind sharing with someone but I gotta warm you of my gas problem which is just savage after a feed of Guinness :o :) :D

fluffy_penguins
11-12-2007, 04:10 AM
A woman was stopped by a Garda on the N25 from Cork to Waterford as he noticed she was driving with a penguin in the card. The Garda told the driver to bring the penguin straight to Fota Wildlife park. He was stunned we later the same day he spotted the same woman and the penguin still in the car. The Garda demanded to know what the woman was doing, she replied that the penguin enjoyed Fota and now she was bringing her to the copper coast to shoot seascapes :D

Sorry couldn't resist, joke courtesy of my 10 year daughter.

David

OMG I about fell out of the chair laughing!

Catherine

fluffy_penguins
11-12-2007, 04:13 AM
I also don't mind sharing depending on layout of the rooms, like twin beds or something! Penguins roll around a lot in the night, but we don't snore! At least I don't think we do....