PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 12 Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

AdamKap
01-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Just got your card today lynda, looks great, just one question, which side is top, bottom, I really cant tell.

Doug Smith
01-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Lynda, your card arrived today. The water is so clear whatever that is on the surface looks like it's floating on air. A lovely shot.

A great round this time. My neg for the next one had been taken is waiting to be processed. Thanks all for the wonderful cards. It makes picking up the mail a treat.

Doug

randyman
01-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Lynda and Pete's cards arrived in the mail this weekend, bringing my total so far to 36/38. Lynda - so mysterious; the reflected clouds are wonderfully disorienting against the other elements in the frame. Pete - thanks for resending! Great vantage point on these two, and superbly printed.

Pete H
01-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Hi Lynda,

You card arrived yesterday. I like the other-worldly IR effect - it's very suitable for the subject. Thanks!

Pete

kraker
01-15-2008, 08:24 AM
Received cards from BWKate and Lynda last week. Thanks to both of you!

Pete H
01-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi Lynda,

You card arrived yesterday. I like the other-worldly IR effect - it's very suitable for the subject. Thanks!

Pete

Sorry, that was the round 11 card! Thanks for making the effort, Lynda. :)
The round 12 card arrived today. Lots of delicious details to savour.

Pete

Lynda
01-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Adam, it's vertical; there should be a mossy rock at the top, a fern leaf under that, and a shadow of the fern with the water striders towards the bottom. I hope that helps.
Lynda
Just got your card today lynda, looks great, just one question, which side is top, bottom, I really cant tell.

Buster6X6
01-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks Lynda for Japanese Gardens. It really make's you look and explore. The fern reflection on the bottom and a lot of spiders? or are they water bugs? Well done. And I think this is Last card in this round.

The count is full.38 for 38 Thanks guy's for a great round. Looking forward to the next.

Greg :D

AdamKap
01-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Adam, it's vertical; there should be a mossy rock at the top, a fern leaf under that, and a shadow of the fern with the water striders towards the bottom. I hope that helps.
Lynda

Thanks, that is a big help. :)

for what it's worth, receiving lynda's card made it 37/38.

MattKing
01-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Two more:

22. Valerie: - "Evening Light" - A wonderful print revealing the beautiful summer light in her kitchen (even better when the post office bar codes are peeled off)
23. Lynda - "water striders" - another wonderful summer image

I'm at 23 of 24 - thank's everyone.

Matt

BWKate
01-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Just received Lynda's postcard! It is a very mysterious and wonderful image! Thank you so much! I'm 30 for 30 ! First time I think and I have participated in 7 rounds so far! I think Art has been in every one since the beginning, eh!

Black Dog
01-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Likewise-one of my faves so far!:D

gordrob
01-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Two more:

I'm at 23 of 24 - thank's everyone.

Matt

Hi Matt

I printed a replacement card last night and it went out in the post this morning.
Canada Post had no problem getting cards to Norway in 6 days but 1000kms seem to be a bigger problem for them.

regards
Gord

KWhitmore
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
I'd like to thank the academy...I mean, ahem...
These are the last cards I received after x-mas so...thanks!

Tim's lamp-I really like how the pattern of the shade echoes the roundness of the bulb. The filament looks amazing!
Lynda's pond-wonderful subject, mysterious and playful at the same time. The bugs appear to float in mid-air. (I also love printing summer stuff in winter:)
EricG, Fort Plain-there are so many interesting things in this shot...your composition; the stop sign and hydro pole leaning together guarding the middle of the frame where the car number 62 sits...who's car is that, where's it going? Cool.
MikeG, Lake in Norway-beautiful, moody, weather dominating...is that chair for me?

Katherine

gr82bart
02-04-2008, 08:14 PM
I received 4 more postcards over the past month. These are:

A macro shot of glass balls (LMAO! You have to think like me ...) from BWKate; I always love her hand written descriptions in addition to her fantastic printing abilities
Lynda's very abstract image (again, think like me) of a Japanese Garden; also with a hand written description
Valerie sent a nicely printed close up of glass jars
And Matthys went out of his way to make a postcard of a morbidly serene wheelchair, apparently abandoned in the NYC subway

Some of my favourites in this bunch. Outstanding set. 35/38 and chomping at the bit to start the next fantastic round.

Regards, Art.

kraker
02-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Now that this round is coming to an end, here's a reminder:

you are encouraged to post a scan of your postcard in the Post Card Exchange Prints Gallery (http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=512).

I've finally posted my card from round 10 over there :o ...

MattKing
02-05-2008, 11:28 AM
I just received gordrob's fine image of a barn. Thanks for replacing the one that went astray in the mail. It is much appreciated.

This means I've received 24 of 24 in this round.

Thanks everyone.

Matt

P.S. I'm sitting out round 13, but I'll be aiming to dive in again for 14.

BWKate
02-05-2008, 12:15 PM
We'll miss you this round, Matt! Come back to us soon. Won't be the same without you.
Thanks for the Christmas greeting, it really brightened my rather sad holiday. I worked too much so was not able to enjoy the season.