PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 12 Comments and Results

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

kraker
12-02-2007, 11:10 AM
All it takes is one Sunday with lots and lots of rain... :rolleyes:

I finally managed to write all my cards; I've just put them in the mail.

Alas, no extra cards for Sean, Simon, et. al. this time: I appear to have miscounted during printing, and I was lucky to have enough cards for all "regular" people... Well, if I have another darkroom session soon, I might print a few extra for you guys!

eric
12-03-2007, 09:52 AM
In the past couple of weeks, I got:

Street skater in Paris, good timing! Pete H
Bronze Castings, Allen Friday (d76 and ansco 130, my 2 favorite combinations, very nice print
"Palast der Republik" taken with a 4x5. I think I'll try a 4x5 postcard next round.

gphoto120
12-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I finally printed my cards this weekend and addressed them tonight. Off they go to the post in the morning. Thanks to all that I've received most recently
Jon King, Pete H., Mark Mombarg, Allen Friday - all wonderful images!

Don Grindstaff
12-04-2007, 03:44 PM
I mailed my today. My sincere apologies to everyone for being late and not including a personnel message, the good news is I have already printed my round 13 cards and bought my stamps so I will not be late again. Thanks for all the great cards I have received, my wife’s 4th grade class loves seeing them. I am grateful to participate in this group.

GeoffHill
12-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Mailed all my cards out this evening, at last.

Geoff

Buster6X6
12-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Two more cards arrived today.
Thanks to Lynda Pavek who send a very nice infra red shot of a grave yard. I already said that I will try HIE film, I have to make some time for it next spring.
"Cyclone" by Adamkap with all the twists and turns. Scary. I like how the dark track stands in contrast to the frame of the coster.
But I have to apologize to you Adam, when I received the members list for #12 exchange I printed one with separate names and addresses. unfortunately your name was first on the list and was not printed. So I owe you a card I think. :confused:Could you check and let me know I have few more cards printed anyway.

Cheers Greg

Buster6X6
12-05-2007, 09:45 PM
One unique and thought provoking image Birger A. Very nice, I like it.
Second bdial with "Private", a lot of texture and good tonality.
This round has been amazing.

Thanks Greg

AdamKap
12-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Got another two cards, one from Barry, lovely reflection of the water in the gutter.
Also another one from hal9000, real great detail, I was sitting there for around 20 minutes with my nose practically against the card, looking at all the little details :D

Greg, I just flipped through the cards I have recieved so far, and I didn't get one from you, so if it's not too much of a hassle, send it out. :)

BWKate
12-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Arrghh!!! Was sick for a couple of days and then my son was very sick for a week and a half!!! I am going to try and write all my cards out tonight and mail tomorrow!!

Buster6X6
12-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks Adam
I will send one tomorrow for you . Sorry for the delay, I should have checked with master sheet before sending the cards.

Greg

KingJon
12-07-2007, 03:38 AM
Finally got all 25 cards printed and posted. Learned a lot this time around, moving to Guam created a whole different set of challenges. Hope everyone enjoys the picture. Will get caught up over the weekend on the cards I've received.
Jon

Pete H
12-07-2007, 01:40 PM
This week I've received two cards:
Tim Walls' light bulb in a pub
Jacco de Kraker's abstract ceiling lighting.
They're both very interesting, and share with Birger's Reichstag mirrors the fact that the subject is the source of the light and the abstract patterns made by it, rather than something else illuminated by the light. I like this kind of image. :) Thanks Tim and Jacco.

AdamKap
12-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Received Donald's lion today. I love the light on the lion's face.
Birger A's Reichstag building's mirrors is interesting, the reflection of the man reminds me of a zoetrope.
I can't read the name on this one, but it is from Andorra, lovely blue tone, is that a cliff on the right side? sadly, i got the white strip of paper on the bottom of the card.

Pete H
12-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Today I received Geoff Hill's amazingly tangled wire rope from the Tyne. When coming over from Bergen to Newcastle by ferry this summer, I was struck by the number of photo possibilities along the river bank. Have you got any more, Geoff? It would be good to see some posted in the gallery.

cheers
Pete

Pete H
12-10-2007, 10:12 AM
... and Gary's (gphoto120) drainage patterns in a Californian beach. Looks like you got wet feet just after taking the shot. Thanks for the card and the comments, Gary!

Pete H
12-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Received Donald's lion today. The lion is very well isolated from the surroundings and the simplicity of the composition gives it considerable intensity. I guess it wasn't taken with a wide angle lens :) Nice shot.

Pete

Buster6X6
12-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Two more cards arrived today.kraker send a ceiling in the mall which has a very good tonality and how a light and shadow play all the way down is wonderful. Geoff Very interesting short DOF shot of a steel rope?I like that the image was made without border so the rope disappears out of the frame.

Greg

Peter Schrager
12-12-2007, 12:26 AM
just wanted to tell everyone how much I enjoyed all the cards I have recieved
this exchange is the best....
Best, Peter

BWKate
12-12-2007, 01:24 AM
I believe the blue toned postcards of the hillside village is from PepMiro from Andorra. Correct me if I'm wrong! I also received both Kraker's and Donald Grindstaff's postcards today. Both had a wonderful quality to them in where the light was coming from and reflecting onto. Lovely cards! Both so different. Very well done. Thanks! I also really liked Birger's postcard of the mirrored vortex in the Reichstag. Great subject and well done!

blackmelas
12-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Better late than never, my prints went out last night.
Best regards,
James