PDA

View Full Version : Postcard Exchange Round 12 Comments and Results

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

rst
11-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi all,

thanks again to everyone for being part of this round! I've created this thread to post comments and feedback for this round. So please post here and not in the sign up thread.

If one of the moderators of the postcard forum can please make this thread sticky and maybe the sign up thread "unsticky".

ciao
-- Ruediger

gr82bart
11-04-2007, 02:13 PM
If anyone wants to send a postcard with a note of support to Kodak, write to:

Mary Jane Hellyar
President Film Products Group
Eastman Kodak Company
343 State Street
Rochester, New York 14650

Hopefully, people will take this opportunity to be supportive of Kodak and demonstrate to her that there is a market for traditional film products. Here's her bio: http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2710&pq-locale=en_US&gpcid=0900688a8023249d

All mine are in the mail. I asked Mary Jane to sign up for an APUG membership too. Cross our fingers.

Regards, Art.

Tim Gray
11-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Awesome Art. I printed out an extra card in hopes that an address would be found for Kodak!

Black Dog
11-04-2007, 04:41 PM
I'll do an extra one too!

Buster6X6
11-04-2007, 07:11 PM

Hopefully, people will take this opportunity to be supportive of Kodak and demonstrate to her that there is a market for traditional film products...

Regards, Art.

This is awsome Art thank you very much for posting this info, it is worth a try :)

Cheers Greg

Tim Gray
11-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Cards went out today. Hope you guys enjoy them.

Mike Wilde
11-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I was keen, and printed a whack a few weeks ago, and tagged the cards onto the print run I was in the middel of.

Then this weekend I was otherwise home, but did not feel like printing. Wierd how the urge to print comes and goes. I did get more than 8 hours sleep for three nights in a row, so perhaps I will have the mojo back for a few late night sessions this week.

AdamKap
11-07-2007, 01:23 PM
I just got your card yesterday Tim. Great shot :)

Valerie
11-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Received randyman's card today.... and taken just "down the road" a bit! Great image, Randall. Thank you!

Valerie

Tim Gray
11-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I just got your card yesterday Tim. Great shot :)

Thanks! I'm always blown away by the cards I receive in this exchange so its always good to hear a nice word :)

AdamKap
11-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Just got Art's card today as well. Wasn't expecting a cyanotype :)

BWKate
11-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Art,

I'll send Mary Jane an infrared image on a postcard. I just found out about HIE being discontinued and I've set aside a day of mourning. Man, this is such a bummer. This film has been so important to me for so long that I'm pretty upset. I think I'll talk to Kraker about the Rollei version of HIE.
I better order as much HIE as I can afford.

gphoto120
11-08-2007, 04:12 PM
I just received Art's cyanotype today - this is this first card I have received and my first postcard exchange as well! Great image! Thanks so much.
gphoto120

Black Dog
11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Glad I still have a few rolls of HIE in the fridge-I'll dig out a neg done on the 5x4 version [RIP]. Posting about 30 cards today and tomorrow and just a few left to print now. Looking forward to recieving the next lot!

randyman
11-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Received randyman's card today.... and taken just "down the road" a bit! Great image, Randall. Thank you!

Thank you for the feedback, Valerie. This is my first exchange on here, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone's cards.

Randy

BWKate
11-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Received Mike Wilde's postcard yesterday. Thanks for your kind comment about my photos in B&W. It' such a treat to get a colour image in this exchange and I enjoyed this one. It came relatively unmarred.
I'm still reeling about Hie being discontinued and will continue to be in mourning.

Pete H
11-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Received the first 3 cards today:
Mike Wide's Toronto skyline. I like the subdued colours.
George's (gmessarit) random tree, with an interesting dof.
Tim Gray's cyclist - great fun!

Thanks all.

Valerie
11-09-2007, 01:45 PM
3 more fantastic cards!!
Tim Gray's wheelie kid
Art's cyanotype
DRPSilver's Evergreen Barn

These are all absolute treasures!

randyman
11-09-2007, 03:54 PM
And here they come! I suspect Valerie and I will receive our cards on a nearly identical schedule, given our proximity. So, ditto the above. Can't wait to see more.

Mark Fisher
11-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Printed, signed and "stickered" them today to go out Monday...mine is another in the series of County Fairs in the Midwest (US).

I also wanted to share a little of what I've learned after being in a bunch of these exchanges:
I'm finding it really interesting how I am selecting negatives. I have a lot of negatives that I can make good prints from, but some of them take a fair amount of work to print. Beyond being a good image, I tend to choose negatives that I can print in one setting of the timer. In this case, I had the base exposure and a partial dodge in the middle of the print. In other negatives, I've has a base exposure with a couple of edge burns. I'm always willing to crop a little. Sometimes I've toned prints, but RC paper isn't the greatest for that.

I've also found that a simple 2 bladed easel works pretty well, but I keep thinking that I'll make a speed-easel for the postcard size. I keep thinking of doing simple 4x5 contact prints on 4x5 paper or as a VDB or cyanotype..., but I still have a lot of county fair pics I want to share! I still haven't figured out how to easily print out address labels though!

Anyone else have something to share about how they select negatives, print for postcards, etc?