PDA

View Full Version : Get Together in Toronto?

Pages : 1 [2]

Bob Carnie
11-20-2007, 02:59 PM
Art I hope you are going to be at our open house tommorow night???
Les spills more than he can drink btw.

thebanana
11-20-2007, 03:55 PM
Slightly off topic, but my condolences on the collapse of the Argo's. Any of you big city boys taking bets on the Grey Cup?

Bob Carnie
11-20-2007, 03:56 PM
I would only bet on the NFL

Dinesh
11-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Any of you big city boys taking bets on the Grey Cup?

What is that? :p

thebanana
11-20-2007, 04:25 PM
Unlike some football leagues where the team has FOUR attempts to make a 10 yard gain, this is the real deal. I don't blame you for ridiculing your home team, but this weekend will be an eye opener for you non-believers. Too bad you have to play indoors down there though.:D

gr82bart
11-20-2007, 04:37 PM
If I'm not mistaken, weren't the first two winners of the Grey Cup Harvard and Yale? :o Seriously. I think both schools beat McGill.

Regards, Art.

Dinesh
11-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Unlike some football leagues where the team has FOUR attempts to make a 10 yard gain, this is the real deal. I don't blame you for ridiculing your home team, but this weekend will be an eye opener for you non-believers. Too bad you have to play indoors down there though.:D

In all fairness, I am not too familiar with the CFL's rules. Do you still get a point if you miss a field goal? And are the Ottawa Rough Riders still drafting dead guys? :p

gr82bart
11-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Well, thanks to Bob, Les, Jesper, Kevin, Dinesh, Tim, Cathy, Mark, and Ryan for showing up. Dinesh had to restrain Les from starting another bar brawl with yet another senior citizen. I hear Air Canada shares are a 'buy' from the street, Les.

Speaking of Les and his burly ways ... Not rubbing it in, but as I type this at Pearson, I can't help but notice it only took me all of 19 minutes to get ticketed, go through US Customs and Immigration, checked through security and even to get this coffee I have in my other hand from Tim's. Why'd it take you like 19 hours and near full body cavity search Les? I think the RCMP had the tasers on the ready ... Hehehe ... Les blames the computers and Dinesh for everything, as he well should.

Anyway, one day, it would be great to get all the folks I meet up with (NE crowd, Tsyuoshi's PA following, NYC/NJ folks, etc...) together at some kind of APUG event - like Steve and Ted's excelle ... err ... Foto3 I mean. ;)

Regards, Art.

Dinesh
11-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Art, thanks for setting this up. It was an entertaining evening to say the least.

Brian Gatien
11-24-2007, 01:37 PM
I am sorry that I could not make it down for the gathering and Bob's open house. However, I am happy to have given Les the opportunity to add to his travel stories. Even though I heard the airport story in various chapters while Les worked his magic in the darkroom last weekend, I would have loved to hear it again. My conclusion verifies the Air Canada motto that I have heard: "We're not happy until you're not happy."
Looking forward to meeting people in Colorado.
Brian

P.S. I also found out that his avoidance of running water in the darkroom was not because he is frugal.

Les McLean
11-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Art, many thanks for organising a very enjoyable get together in Toronto. The food was excellent, that chat was interesting and even the beer was nearly up to UK standards. However, the ugly rumours about my differences with Mickey Mouse Airways have been greatly understated by yourself and all others involved. I rest my case.

Brian, I'm pleased that you realise that the running water causes great problems for an ageing old Brit but your day will come dear friend :)
Many thanks for the opportunity to allow me to fill your head full and British Photographic Philosophy. I enjoyed every minute of our time together and look forward to seeing you and Vicky on home ground.