PDA

View Full Version : How lucky can one get? ;-)

big_ben_blue
11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Well, I love ebay, I really do (sometimes at least).

And so it came about, that I found myself bidding on "A BIG SIZE WOODEN CAMERA". The price of 300$ sounded fair, considering the listing included two holders and a 24cm Voigtlander Heliar. I was hoping it being the sibling to the Watson&Sons 8x10 which I had gotten a few months before from the same seller.

Well, the camera arrived today. Looked a little on the large side inside all that bubblewrap. Then came the shocker - the sucker isn't a Watson&Sons, nor is it a 8x10 either. CRAP!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Turns out, it is an 10x12 Gandolfi (acording to the label). Now what should I do? Leaving a negative feedback to the seller for misrepresenting the item.? How good can a 300$ Gandolfi be for crying out loud? Gotta have to leave now, need a drink ... ;):D

Chris (PS: someone having 10x12 film for sale by chance?)

EDIT: Jeepers, there's another thread with the same name and about another Gandofli too. And I didn't notice it. Where do I have left my mind?

Ole
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
So there are two of them!?

10x12" is a nice format. My favorite print size is 9.5x12", so naturally I have a camera in that format. 10x12" is almost as nice (just a little bit too square)! :D

gandolfi
11-27-2007, 05:30 PM
my thread - my gandolfi.. but slightly bigger than yours (12x16") :)

if you are mis content, I'll be happy to buy it from you for 300$....
(one can never get enough Gandolfi's!!)

:)

by the way: can't you post a picture..

show mt yours and I'll show you mine...;))

Ian Leake
11-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Sounds like you got a good deal! A 12x10 Gandolfi went for just under 1000 a few days ago in the UK. Ilford make film of that size as a special order - I was quoted about 95 per box if I remember correctly. It may be easier to find 14x11 film and cut it to size...

gandolfi
11-27-2007, 07:13 PM
a german shop, called wephota will give all you need!

http://www.wephota.de/down/wephota/wepr.pdf

look at page 14

I don't know about shipping, but I think they send world wide.

good luck - I am jealoux!