PDA

View Full Version : Old Photographer

seawolf66
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
I wonder how we would make out making a Living this way or pocket change for ourself: I took this it the late 1968 to 1970 era , I sure many of you here in Mass. know where I took this foto: Enjoy :

winger
12-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Cool. That's a nice spot to do that, too. Plenty of shooting and shopping all in a small area. Shooting Polaroids for tourists could maybe pay for the film.

David A. Goldfarb
12-02-2007, 07:15 PM
I wonder how we would make out making a Living this way or pocket change for ourself: I took this it the late 1968 to 1970 era , I sure many of you here in Mass. know where I took this foto: Enjoy :

This guy does it--

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2593

Sometimes he's got two other photographers working with him at events like gospel shows, when they've got to get as many shots in as possible while people are entering, standing outside at intermission, or leaving the theatre. He also works parades and sometimes just hangs out on the street photographing anyone who wants to be photographed. If I run into him while I'm carrying my Technika we sometimes exchange a few words.

thebanana
12-02-2007, 08:27 PM
These are great shots! I miss the days when clothing wasn't used as a billboard for corporate advertising.

PHOTOTONE
12-12-2007, 11:32 AM
He probably is not using Polaroid film, rather the direct positive paper as also used in the older b/w photo booths. I don't think this material is available anymore.