PDA

View Full Version : APUG Ireland Exhibition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Síle
09-24-2008, 10:22 AM
She did :rolleyes:

Hmmmph.... that's the last time I come to your text'aid ... :p
Besides.. did you happen to notice who can't quite stand up straight in that photo??

thefizz
09-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Hmmmph.... that's the last time I come to your text'aid ... :p
Besides.. did you happen to notice who can't quite stand up straight in that photo??

Yea I noticed that. The leaning tower of Pisa came to mind :D

thefizz
09-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Or was it just your bad composition :munch:

Vincent Brady
09-24-2008, 03:26 PM
The quality of the work was outstanding at the exhibition, congratulations to everyone in Ireland and those who joined from afar for their wonderful work..
By the time I left after my wine (thanks for the extra Mel ;) ) there were many red stickers about!

Well done again to everyone, and especially Peter and Fintan for all the organisation..

Photo from tonight L-R : Fintan, Tex, TheFizz and Dodger

Sile can I join with you in extending my thanks to Fintan & Peter for all the work they did in mounting this exhibition. I know from my own experiences that this work is hard and drawn out and at the end of the day it all looks so simple "just hang up a few framed photographs"without taking into account the amount of effort it takes to reach that stage.
As regards the photo the only conclusion to be drawn is "what a handsome group of people those analog photographers are". I'll be looking forward to your inclusion next year to complete the picture.It's obvious to me that analog photography passes on its beauty to it's practitioners.

Cheers Vincent

Síle
09-25-2008, 04:11 AM
Or was it just your bad composition :munch:

No, it was definitely your dodgy disposition... :o

Tex, you do all look rather dashing in the photo (apart from the leaning tower of Peter of course), it was a great opening night for everyone. I'm going to bring my daughters in there this weekend to have a look, and it will be interesting to see how the regular patrons of Airfield take to them.

thefizz
09-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Let that be a lesson to everyone, never let Sile take your photo after she's downed a bottle and a half of red wine :rolleyes:

Fintan
09-25-2008, 05:17 AM
Tex, you do all look rather dashing in the photo (apart from the leaning tower of Peter of course),

And dont miss the tie, very appropriate :D

I'll be back in there on saturday morning about 11am for a few minutes with my 3 women.

peterev
09-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Well done to all,particularly Peter and Fintan. Really enjoyed it.
Peter e

Rafal Lukawiecki
09-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Well done everyone! I so wish I could have been there. If indeed you manage to extend the run till 08 Oct I would be very happy, as I am back in Ireland on the 5th. :)

Has anyone any more photos of the opening night?

My regards,
Rafal

dferrie
09-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Let that be a lesson to everyone, never let Sile take your photo after she's downed a bottle and a half of red wine :rolleyes:

Now you tell me, way too late with that advice!

So if I got this straight, Peter (aka Defender of Film) sent a text for Síle to bring a DIGITAL camera to the opening of NO PIXELS, hmm "No Pixels on Pixels" :D

I assume it was the drink texting Peter or were you at the digital Guinness again?

Síle
09-27-2008, 04:19 AM
Now you tell me, way too late with that advice!

So if I got this straight, Peter (aka Defender of Film) sent a text for Síle to bring a DIGITAL camera to the opening of NO PIXELS, hmm "No Pixels on Pixels" :D

I assume it was the drink texting Peter or were you at the digital Guinness again?

Yes that about sums it up, he was talking through his... drink again!

Actually Peter, ya mad scone, I'm allergic to red wine... so I think you must have been hitting the bottles yourself.. :rolleyes:

monosnaps
10-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Is the exhibition extended to the 8th

mmcclellan
10-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Friends -- I managed to get to Dublin last week and checked out the exhibit. All I can say is . . . . AWESOME!!! Fintan and Peter did a yeoman's job on the matting, framing, and hanging and it all looks outstanding. VERY well done. Kudos all around, especially kudos to all the shooters and the excellent work. Thanks to all for joining and making it happen -- now when's the next one?! I was down in Cobh over the weekend and really urge you to try for Sirius in Cobh or maybe Cork for the next one. Time to spread the glory! Thanks again to all concerned. :) :) :)

thefizz
10-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Is the exhibition extended to the 8th

I'm away at the moment Eddie so best check with Airfield. Ask for Sile or Bernadette.

Droog
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Do I just front up to Airfield and take my photos back or is someone taking them all or are we all meeting up at some stage to do this?

Andrew

thefizz
10-07-2008, 10:47 AM
The exhibition is being taken down tomorrow and they are packing the prints and storing them. I will be in Airfield's Darkroom for an open day workshop on Saturday 18th and will collect the unsold prints then. If anyone can collect their prints that day, that would be great.

Alternatively, Airfield told me Monday was a good day to collect prints but ring Sile beforehand (01 2984301) just to be sure.

Nine prints were sold in total so well done to everyone, I think the exhibition was a great success.

Peter

thefizz
10-07-2008, 11:12 AM
I forgot to say I have pm'd those who sold prints to let them now.

Rafal Lukawiecki
10-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Will the prints be still on show tomorrow (8th) before they are taken down later in the day?

thefizz
10-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure Rafal. Ring the number above in the morning to check.

thefizz
10-08-2008, 11:14 AM
The exhibition is being taken down tomorrow and they are packing the prints and storing them. I will be in Airfield's Darkroom for an open day workshop on Saturday 18th and will collect the unsold prints then. If anyone can collect their prints that day, that would be great.

Alternatively, Airfield told me Monday was a good day to collect prints but ring Sile beforehand (01 2984301) just to be sure.

Please note that if you wish to call into Airfield to collect prints, this can be done from 10am to 5pm on Monday 13th or Saturday 18th October only.

Please ring Sile in Airfield (above number) if you need assistance on Monday 13th and ring me on 086 0748459 if you come Saturday 18th.

If you can't make it in on either of these dates, I will hold onto the prints for you.

Peter