PDA

View Full Version : APUG Ireland Exhibition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

thefizz
02-13-2008, 04:11 AM
Hi Fluffy, I have sent some scans to your apug2008 email address.

thefizz
02-13-2008, 04:54 AM
Its getting near the cut-off date so here's who we have so far who expressed an interest:

Peter (thefizz)
Fintan
Catherine (fluffy)
Mel
Sile
David (dferrie)
Rafal
Marcus
Seoirse
Dave (Morecelli)

I think everyone above is keen to get involved but we haven't heard from the last three people in a while so maybe they can confirm if they are still taking part, thanks.

Waiting in the wings we have the league of nations ;)

Michael McClellan
Michael Slade
Jon King
Dave Miller

mmcclellan
02-13-2008, 08:35 AM
My pics will be forthcoming tonight, Fluffy -- God willing and Ethio Internet (slow dial-up) permits. :)

fluffy_penguins
02-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Hi Peter, I have a few to add to your list:

Andrew (droog) (shoots transparencies; wanted to make sure it's ok not b/w prints - I said okeydoke 'cos I'm probably gonna submit colour film work too)
Peter Evers (from our toning workshop)
dodger aka Fiona

Overseas -
Ian Leake

mmcclellan
02-13-2008, 11:59 PM
Catherine,

I sent you four scans last night and can send more if desired/needed. Hope they're suitable for the exhibition! :)

dferrie
02-14-2008, 04:12 AM
All,

If it makes a difference, I would be happy to step down so as to allow one of our International delegation to have my place and be included. I think it would be good to have that added international dimension to the exhibition.

David

fluffy_penguins
02-14-2008, 04:16 AM
David - no way, there's plenty of room! I'd *love* it if you would stay in as a participant. I won't even pester you for a statement... I promise!
xo
C.

fluffy_penguins
02-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Peter and Michael, thanks for sending scans for our application to Sirius. Sent you a quick note from gmail as well.

Catherine

seoirse
02-15-2008, 05:10 AM
Hi Peter,

Just a note to say that I'm still in for the main exhibition. I am however, even more technologically challenged than yourself in terms of coming to grips with scanning my negs and I am also in the process of setting up a website. I will try to get some sample images scanned (in time for Sirius) although I only have a POS flatbed and don't know what the quality will be like?

Regards,
Seoirse.

fluffy_penguins
02-15-2008, 07:11 AM
Hi Seorse, low-resolution scans are good as this is just to 'introduce' them to our work, as such, and they'll be viewing on a PC monitor. As long as you are happy with the general quality / color reproduction that's fine. If you want to send me some rough scans I can straighten 'em and clean up any dust or artifacts if you like, I'm a PS whiz (but usually dont' mention that at APUG, LOL). Just do your best

:-)

Cath

morecelli
02-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Hi guys, sorry I've been asleep for the last while with no internet access. College has totally taken over me life at the mo, great to see you're getting the exhibition together. I'll probably have to bow out of it though coz I just really haven't the time (or the shots).
Hope alls well with everyone, I'll keep more in touch from now on (I know my password now!)

Dave

Droog
02-18-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi

If colourful 'chromes are allowed, then I'd like to have a go. If not, just let me know.

Andrew

Fintan
02-18-2008, 03:42 PM
they'd be great Andrew.
thanks
fintan

thefizz
02-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Fine by me Andrew, good to have you on board.

peterev
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
i game if there's room in the bed

thefizz
02-18-2008, 04:55 PM
Welcome to apug Peter.

You can never have enough Peters around :D

Fintan
02-18-2008, 05:04 PM
You can never have enough Peters around :D

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fintan
02-18-2008, 05:04 PM
i game if there's room in the bed

Welcome to APUG mister, do post often!!

melball
03-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Hey fluffy, any news from Sirius? The monkeys look like they might have turned out and some of the Fota garden stuff is showing potential (fingers crossed). Went back to the bottle brush last night and retook those (and some of the other things I destroyed). Rapidly becoming a fan of faster film.

Rafal Lukawiecki
03-10-2008, 01:47 PM
I've visited Airfield yesterday and I wanted to share some thoughts with you. First of all, having APUG Ireland exhibit anywhere, no matter where, would be great, so please continue counting me in. I wonder, though, about Airfield's space a little. While I like the rooms and the outdoors much, I found it quite difficult to see the pictures they have showing at the moment. All of the pictures are hanging in the restaurant space, and to see them you really need to disturb the diners, which is not too nice to them. :-) There is only one wall with no tables next to it where pictures are on two levels. The higher one is a good 2m above floor, so not easy to see those pics... One room does lunch/dining functions and you cannot see pictures there at all. The only people who knew anything about the prints were the cashier at the restaurant, but he was not too sure about buying/selling any.

Still, any place is better than none, but if anyone has additional suggestions well...that would be nice. Perhaps Airfield would be planning to re-jig things a bit?

PS. The present exhibit's pictures are quite poorly mounted and sadly they are very weak inkjets with pixelisation artefacts and all... I hate being picky! :-(