View Full Version : APUG Ireland Exhibition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

Fintan
04-29-2008, 03:27 AM
I'll go with Fluffy too, I like it....

thefizz
04-30-2008, 03:42 AM
I'm also happy with Fluffy's title :)

If there is anyone on the list who is not taking part, please let us know. If a few drop out, we can allocate two prints to the foreign guys.

Fintan
04-30-2008, 04:27 AM
I would be thinking of offering two matt sizes with square options i.e. 20x16 or 20x20 and 16x12 or 16x16. Off white matting for everyone.

Frame color choice of black, brown or natural.

Any opinions on this?

thefizz
04-30-2008, 04:43 AM
Sounds good Fintan. So we can make any size print and matt it to one of the four sizes you list.

Frame colour doesn't bother me much but brown would probably be my last choice.

Can you get a rough idea of cost for matting and framing around 40 prints?

Fintan
04-30-2008, 04:50 AM
Sounds good Fintan. So we can make any size print and matt it to one of the four sizes you list.

Exactly, yes.

Frame colour doesn't bother me much but brown would probably be my last choice.

Some of us have done the lith printing course, black doesnt really suit them and the natural colour might not either. I will probably be printing lith.

Can you get a rough idea of cost for matting and framing around 40 prints?

Not yet, I need more info on the exact size. But I would hazzard a guess of 60-80 euro for frame, matting and hanging gear for each print. Slightly more for archival matting. Thats just a guesstimate.

melball
04-30-2008, 06:40 AM
I vote Fluffy's title too.

Síle
04-30-2008, 01:28 PM
I love the sound of that title too.. another fluffy vote!

Síle

dodger
04-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Black. black, black... sorry fintan:) but whatever you decide is fine by me. No pressure.But black.

dodger
04-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Actually brown would be lovely too.. sorry Peter:D

Fintan
05-01-2008, 05:10 AM
Very warm toned, sepia, lith etc, I think look nice in Brown stained frames, I think the option should be there for people to decide for themselves.

thefizz
05-01-2008, 05:20 AM
Sounds fine to me. How long before the exhibition opening date would your framer want all the prints?

Fintan
05-01-2008, 05:21 AM
About 10 working days, because its near holiday season, I might just double check with him.

peterev
05-08-2008, 12:16 PM
i have work already framed, could i show this?

thefizz
05-16-2008, 04:00 AM
I would think we need to keep all frames the same type but let each person choose the colour, i.e. the 3 options provided by Fintan.

The foreign guys have all confirmed their intention to take part but I have not heard anything from Ian. There are a few others who have not posted in a while so maybe they could confirm that they are still getting involved. If someone wants to back out, its better we know now so we can allocate your number of prints to others. At present, I presume everyone on the list I posted on page 14 of this thread are still taking part?

mmcclellan
05-16-2008, 05:17 AM
FROM THE FOREIGN GUYS :)

I guess we will all need to mail raw prints to someone in Ireland, along with a Euro check, to cover framing -- right? Please let us know the contact name and address for that, if we can PayPal the money (probably works best for all of us, especially those outside the Euro Zone), and all the specs on size, format, etc.

It will be great fun exhibiting on an Irish theme! I, for one, can probably make a September 20 weekend opening as I'll heading back to Ethiopia from Washington that weekend and can do a stopover in Dublin. Sure will be a great chance to meet everyone!

Thanks for all your organizing on this, everyone, and we "foreign guys" look forward to joining you!

dferrie
05-23-2008, 04:37 AM
Hi all,

I haven't been around for a while so only catching up now.

I'm afraid that I am going to have to drop out of the exhibition, I have a lot going on at the moment and don't think it is going to let up in time for me to have something ready to frame and display. Maybe next time.

Best of luck to everyone taking part.

David

Ian Leake
05-24-2008, 07:08 AM
The foreign guys have all confirmed their intention to take part but I have not heard anything from Ian.

Sorry, I lost track of this thread somehow. I would still love to take part if there's room for me :)

seoirse
05-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi I'm still in for the exhibition although I haven't been around for a while.

I know the show is on in September, but what is the final cut off date for prints? End of August or what?

thefizz
05-26-2008, 03:26 AM
Yes lets aim to have all prints with the Framer by the end of August to give him enough time to mount and frame roughly 40 prints.

Great to hear you guys are still taking part but sorry to hear David is dropping out. I think thats everyone confirmed now except Marcus who hasn't posted for a while. I hope you are still with us Marcus?

jb7
05-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi, I'm only a new boy around here-
and its a bit quiet, to tell the truth-

After logging on religiously for weeks,
one day I just forgot,
when nothing seemed to change...

but if people are dropping out, I might like to try to get a print together, if that's ok...

joseph