PDA

View Full Version : Stroke? Time Capsule? Is there anything decent to be found here?

sun of sand
12-06-2007, 12:45 PM
I just saw this
I have some money to spend but HATE spending large chunks at one time and this weekend I'm buying a bike

Have any of you seen this auction?
Lord

It's freaking tomorrow and don't know crap about a lot of this stuff. Only thing that could save me from possibly making a fool out of myself would be the hundreds of folks likely to show up at such an event KNOWING what the stuff is and paying for it.
Gotta be a veritable gold mine for some collector out there. Lots of the stuff is like-new if not BNIB.

The cameras are great but I figure they'll go at or near market value
-Which is great for the people selling the items-
I'm thinking more like chemicals/paper/ ..those consumables. Perhaps some bargains to be found there. Too bad not kept cold, though. I'll attach a few pictures.

TheFlyingCamera
12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Uh, Son, you forgot to include a URL/description.

sun of sand
12-06-2007, 01:07 PM
I know
Not sure I want to include, actually LOL

Is this not the prettiest camera store you've ever seen?

They're listing the "nicer cameras" on Ebay.

sun of sand
12-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Some of the cameras will be at auction. 25 -or so- will be ebay auctions
Which ones, I don't know. Leica will be Ebay and the rare -mostly german- cameras are ebay
The speeds etc will probably remain. The lenses will probably remain.
Still, lots of neat little christmas presents, perhaps.

tim_walls
12-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Some of the cameras will be at auction. 25 -or so- will be ebay auctions
Which ones, I don't know. Leica will be Ebay and the rare -mostly german- cameras are ebay
The speeds etc will probably remain. The lenses will probably remain.
Still, lots of neat little christmas presents, perhaps.

One is still struggling to work out what you're talking about without any sort of link or reference to, uh, whatever it is you're talking about...

Nice looking shop though.

mark
12-06-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm glad I am not the only one confused.

copake_ham
12-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Apparently some camera store somewhere is going out of business. I think the OP has his eye on some stuff and doesn't want to share the info. At least that's my guess from the cryptic posts.

Ole
12-06-2007, 04:35 PM
... Is this not the prettiest camera store you've ever seen? ...

Not really. My local second-hand camera shop is nicer, IMO. If you ever come here, go visit Antonio Stasi's camera shop. You'll agree, I'm sure!

To be quite honest, I couldn't see any "treasures" in your pictures that would make me want to find out who and what this is.

winger
12-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Well, it's certainly better than anything near me now. But I'd like a nice operating, staying in business shop.

sun of sand
12-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Sorry
The home is in Amherst, NY
Old camera stores went out of business in 1980 and took inventory into basement

http://www.pce.net/idag/Estate%20sale%20flyer.JPG
I don't know if you can get to all the photos from there - haven't tried
Link to ebay auction with links to Large photos of store, though ... http://cgi.ebay.com/1950s-RECTAFLEX-Standard-1300-camera-SUPERB-COND_W0QQitemZ120192563135QQihZ002QQcategoryZ67380 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is about the nicest pseudo store I've seen. It may not be that great to the old timers -those older than I
I don't see this much stuff in one place. Lots of stuff there I've never seen before. Plenty -if not all- hasn't been handled in 30 years ..which can create its own problems but still
It's not 30-50 years of use

Ole, don't you own nearly 1 million cameras? LOL If those are all "treasures" your family will make a killing some day.
Maybe you collect stuff that is just extremely rare but to me
this stuff is pretty neat. And the chance to own a few of these things for less than ebay prices?
Ole, how about a house swap? You come to Bergen, NY and I'll go visit Norway ..and your cameras.
Of course, this Bergen is pronounced Bur-jin.

I wasn't trying to make it sound like a museum full of priceless artifacts

Flashbulbs that I use ..Pretty neat. Not anything that would blow ones socks off, though.