PDA

View Full Version : "Photostock 2008" - The 3rd Annual Northern Michigan Photographer's Gathering

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Nicole
04-19-2008, 11:23 AM
If there's room for one more, I've just registered as well. Looking forward to meeting some "familiar faces".

blaze-on
04-19-2008, 01:17 PM
If there's room for one more, I've just registered as well. Looking forward to meeting some "familiar faces".

Allrighty Nic...I'll be there and be good to meet you since I won't be at Foto3..

Bob Carnie
04-19-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi Nicole
Your workshop is close to 10 people already and we are now doing the heavy marketing in Toronto. I am thinking to have the 23 & 24 for overflow attendees for your workshop. A second date after the first fully books.
Weekend for personal client shoots. then

Mon & Tues workshop and we would then head to Michigan very early Wed am .
Laura and I just booked at the Birchwood in 231-526-2151 rates are good for June 25-28 four nights.
I guess you will be driving with us??? we have room.. Les the silly bugger has booked the Pride workshop in Toronto for that week and weekend so he is on his own , but he can handle that.
the Birchwood does take dogs , so Barney and Lucy are coming with us.

Really looking forward to this event, Bill, Mr Callow is about to do a constant contact and if you want more Canadians we will include this event into the constant contact e blast.
I understand you are up over 50 people, but I imagine if the Inns can handle the people you are up for it.

This is starting to look like an APUG hug fest.

Nicole
04-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Bob, that's wonderful! Keep me busy! :)

Michigan gathering: Bob and Laura, if your puppies will have me join them on the back seat I'll be happy to hitch a ride! :D As long as they don't slobber too much!! I wonder if that's why Les is "busy"! ;)

blaze-on Matt - look forward to catching up!!

jamie young
05-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Looking forward to the apug meet in June
I wanted to mention I am interested in finding a new home for a eastman 5x7 enlarger, and if I can't find one sooner, might be willing to bring it with me to give to someone, as long I only take in one direction, and go home without it. See the darkroom apug classifieds.
Jamie

North Light Press
05-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Greetings!

Just a note to say that due to numbers of campers already registered, camping is closed onsite for any new registers. Im sorry to have to do this. Even though we have 11 acres, much is wild and uncleared. I'm afraid there will not be enough flat, clear space for tents and I don't want to turn anyone away. If you are still planning to register, you will now have to find your own offsite camping or lodging. There are many options and you can find links in the website.

I've also finally updated the information for the 2008 gathering in PDF format. You can download it HERE (http://www.northlightworkshops.com/workshops/michigan_gathering/index.html). This year's schedule will also be released soon.

It took 3 years, but there is also a souvenir T-shirt, sweatshirt, etc, made for this year. Nothing too flashy and any sales will help defray costs of the rented "facilities". Consider them "Porta John Support" :) There is a link in the website if interested.

Thanks!

Bill

Andrew Moxom
05-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Bill, I've registered as I think I've managed to free up some time to be at your gathering. I had a hunting trip to Africa that got canceled due to unrest in Zimbabwe that is impacting many African countries and I'm trying to work on logistics to get to your place in June instead.

yzhu
05-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Bill: Hi!
Both Evan and I will come to the workshop. I am looking forward to photographing with you,Ike and Andew again. Also, I have registered and made reservation at the Birchwood Inn.
Have a good day,
Zhu

Andrew Moxom
05-30-2008, 02:42 PM
I've cleared the schedule and will be attending! My room is booked at the Birchwood. Somehow I managed to reserve the last 'closet' room available during these dates. See you all there!

df cardwell
05-30-2008, 02:51 PM
How are we set for flashbulbs ?

Dan Henderson
05-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Don't forget to order your cool Photostock gear to help "PJohn" attend the festivities.

(Model not included)

wildbill
05-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Yep. Ordered a long sleeve one yesterday along with a "stop plate tectonics" shirt for my wife.

Toffle
06-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Well, I'm finally registered. We were waiting (and waiting) to see which way the wind would blow regarding some family commitments. As it is, I will be driving up from South of Detroit after work on Thursday, so I know I will miss some cool stuff. I'm really looking forward to meeting everybody.

Time to start buying some film.

Cheers,

Thomas Bertilsson
06-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Well, I'm starting to get the 'itch' now. I'm very excited to see the attendance at the level it is, and I'm actually going this year!

Hope to make many new (and old) friends.

- Thomas

Bob Carnie
06-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Hi Thomas

hope you are going to bring some of your lith prints.. I will have some to show in my presentation , but not to many..
getting pumped to visit Bills place

Bob

Well, I'm starting to get the 'itch' now. I'm very excited to see the attendance at the level it is, and I'm actually going this year!

Hope to make many new (and old) friends.

- Thomas

wildbill
06-02-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm gettin' pumped. Major road trip, some fly fishing along the way, some pike fishing at home, and cold Labatt Blue.

If anyone is interested, my folks have a two guest houses on their property which is about a 3 minute drive to Bill's.
One has been rented during Photostock but the second house is still available. Two full or queen sized beds and all the amenities. PM me for more more info.

vinny

Bob Carnie
06-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Vinny

Nicole may or may not be coming.. I hope it is ok to speak for her,, she has sold out her first workshop here in Toronto and now is filling her second workshop ,, if she does not need a third then she is coming with Laura and I .. We are booked at the Birchwood but I do not think the Aussie gal is booked anywhere for this weekend.. Maybe she will see this and pm you for one of the guest rooms.

Bob

I'm gettin' pumped. Major road trip, some fly fishing along the way, some pike fishing at home, and cold Labatt Blue.

If anyone is interested, my folks have a two guest houses on their property which is about a 3 minute drive to Bill's.
One has been rented during Photostock but the second house is still available. Two full or queen sized beds and all the amenities. PM me for more more info.

vinny

Thomas Bertilsson
06-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi Bob,

I'll do just that and bring some lith prints. I'm very keen to see your presentation, as well as your prints. Guillaume sent me all kinds of comments how good a printer you are.

Take it easy,

- Thomas

Hi Thomas

hope you are going to bring some of your lith prints.. I will have some to show in my presentation , but not to many..
getting pumped to visit Bills place

Bob

df cardwell
06-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Bill's neighborhood is great for cycling. I'm bringing my bike.

Anybody else ????

blaze-on
06-02-2008, 10:43 PM
I'm bringing a shotgun, but it's for the mosquitos.

I'm truly anxious...love a long road trip and great to meet new people.