PDA

View Full Version : "Photostock 2008" - The 3rd Annual Northern Michigan Photographer's Gathering

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

billschwab
06-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Sorry I have been dark everyone. I am in Colorado until the weekend and will be sending out another newsletter upon my return.

I too am getting excited!!

More to come.

Bill

Nicole
06-02-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm waiting to see how much I'm needed in Toronto first and still hoping to make it down to the gathering. I should start to look at where I can bunk in - just in case time permits. Thanks for the heads up Vinny and Bob. I'll get back to this later today when I've finished rushing around with last minute packing. 2 days left to go...

df cardwell
06-03-2008, 12:16 AM
I'm bringing a shotgun, but it's for the mosquitos.

Pourquoi ? No mosquitos in Michigan !!!

Marc Akemann
06-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Bill's neighborhood is great for cycling. I'm bringing my bike.

Anybody else ????

If I find a rack for my Jeep I'll bring my bike. Otherwise, I'll have my running shoes and if you don't pedal too fast..... ;-)

wildbill
06-03-2008, 12:39 AM
If I find a rack for my Jeep I'll bring my bike. Otherwise, I'll have my running shoes and if you don't pedal too fast..... ;-)

Tommy may let your borrow his. And if you don't know him, you will by the end of your trip!

Marc Akemann
06-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Tommy may let your borrow his. And if you don't know him, you will by the end of your trip!

Who's Tommy?

Greg Lockrey
06-03-2008, 04:44 AM
Pourquoi ? No mosquitos in Michigan !!!

Many people call them Humming Birds, but ours bite. :D:D:D

Dan Henderson
06-03-2008, 05:50 AM
I took my old mountain bike up there last year and had some great rides along a section of the North Country Trail near Bill's. I'll be bringing it again this year and look forward to riding with others.

jamie young
06-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I have been completely unable to find the time to print last year's cirkut as we're in the process of relocating to Syracuse, NY. Hopefully I'll have time at the last minute to do that. I can't wait to get up there. I'm staying at the Levering Motel so I'm closer to the UP for excursions. I'll bring some kind of cirkut or two with me again, my roundshot, and who knows what else. Maybe I should bring my cyclocross bike if people are riding. I'll have to start getting ready. weird formats always take work to get ready, film and all. Can't wait!

df cardwell
06-03-2008, 03:11 PM
I'll bring some kind of cirkut ...Can't wait!

If you take the Cirkut out on a psycho-X bike,
you'll win the prize....

gr82bart
06-03-2008, 07:40 PM
ARGH Bill! Why do you plan this event the same weekend as the Origami USA Convention in NYC? Drats. Now that I'm not moving for a year, I thought I'd go was just about to register when I checked my calendar ... Next year bill, make it in early the fall, k? You guys will have a blast and I wish I could go.

Regards, Art.

Dinesh
06-03-2008, 07:46 PM
...the same weekend as the Origami USA Convention in NYC? ..

Sounds like a can't miss event!

thebanana
06-03-2008, 08:47 PM
I was just talking to my wife about the differences between men's and women's origami's. Serendipity or what?

gr82bart
06-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Sounds like a can't miss event!Imagine a Star Trek convention, only with NERDIER nerds folding paper into 3-dimensional mythical creatures and then using advanced calculus to determine the fold lines. Yeah, I am so there.

Regards, Art.

North Light Press
06-14-2008, 12:03 PM
What nerds? Origami 's cool.

Sorry Art... maybe we'll shift it next year.

Last newsletter and schedule going out soon.

Thanks for all the RSVP's.

Anyone who didn't answer I am assuming is not coming. If you missed the letter, you can still respond with your day of arrival, where you're staying, etc.

See you all there!

Bill

Toffle
06-14-2008, 12:54 PM
OK... I know I shouldn't, but I'm getting way too excited about this. I'm driving up Thursday after work, so I'll see everybody Friday morning. I'm thinking that maybe I should put some wheels on my um... "camera case". (OK, it's a toolbox, but it's the most convenient way of transporting 3 MF set-ups and accessories. :) )

Cheers,

North Light Press
06-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Hello All!

Well I am getting pretty excited about next week. It is coming fast and final preparations are underway.

The schedule is now available for download HERE (http://www.northlightworkshops.com/pdf/mich_gathering_schedule_2008.pdf) in PDF format. Both Smieglitz and I will be there Monday and Tuesday the 23rd and 24th for the wet plate workshop, so the gate will be open on Wednesday morning for those of you that will be arriving early.

If you've registered for the event, you will also be receiving the final newsletter sometime today. It too will have a link to the schedule so that you can make your plans accordingly.

One final thing is the planned trip to Mackinac Island (http://www.mackinac.com/) that will take place on Thursday the 26th. I will be asking for an RSVP for this in the newsletter so that I have an idea of how many are interested. I was not able to get a group discount for any less than 20 people, so unfortunately we will have to pay the full price of $25.00 for a round trip boat ride. More about this in the newsletter.

If you would like to attend the gathering but have not registered, you can do so HERE (http://www.northlightworkshops.com/workshops/register_form_gathering_2008.html).

If you're coming, have a safe drive and we'll see you there!

Bill

PS. Still 1 space available in the wet plate with Joe workshop (http://www.northlightworkshops.com/workshops/collodion/) if anyone is interested in making a full week of it.

wildbill
06-19-2008, 01:54 PM
If anyone needs to make lensboards or other accessories while in cross village, my dad's shop has every tool needed. Bring your lumber!
I'll be hitting the road late tonight to beat the desert heat. See you all there.
vinny

North Light Press
06-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Great offer!

Have a safe drive Vinny! Looking forward to finally meeting you!

jamie young
06-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm really looking forward to the week. I'm not all that interested in the Mackinac Island myself and will be looking for more natural scenes. I'm in love with the UP and am thinking of heading there wednesday and maybe thursday and would be happy to do an informal trip with people, (being back in time for dinner at the legs inn on wed.) I'll be working with a couple of cirkuts, maybe a alvista if I can get some film cut and spooled, my roundshots,and a 5x7 home portrait graflex. Anybody who wants to know more about cirkuts can let me know and maybe we can do some shooting together, and I'll go over the process.
Jamie Young