PDA

View Full Version : "Photostock 2008" - The 3rd Annual Northern Michigan Photographer's Gathering

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

blaze-on
06-30-2008, 06:50 AM
I'll echo all the sentiments expressed here... a wonderful group, a gracious host, outstanding work and presentations.
Jamie's group photo with his circuit camera was a hoot...as most were running around (literally in circles) to get their mug in 2-3 times...comical but fun.

Joe worked hard to get a photo of me...sitting for the camera is not my "thing", but happy to oblige.

It's a beautiful area for those who haven't been.
Thanks again to all for sharing and to Bill for hosting.

Only 2000 more miles to go...(sigh).

Bob Carnie
06-30-2008, 08:09 AM
I would like to thank Bill for organizing such a wonderful event. What a beautiful area of the world , Laura , Nicole , Barney, Lucy and I arrived home around 10pm last night with lots of fond memories of the last few days.

thanks Bill it was great , I think photostock should be expanded next year, as the facilities at the Birchwood would be able to handle a very large group as well as some interested trade partners to attend.

looking forward to next year.

jamie young
06-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks to Bill, Joe Smigiel, Bob and everyone for making it a great week. Bill - I really appreciate the time you send to make it happen! It was fun to have such an enthusiastic group to shoot yesterday. I look forward to next year, and hope to have the shots up quicker this time. Can't wait to work on the photos I took, and see everyone else's work from the week. Jamie

Andrew Moxom
06-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks Bill, I had a blast meeting everyone last week. Great fun, and a great place to shoot. Thank you for opening up your place and sharing your favorite haunts with us. Also thanks to the generous and passionate people I met these last few days I'll be there next year!

North Light Press
06-30-2008, 09:10 AM
You are all too kind! Thanks again for coming and making it such a blast. Here is the group shot folks. Anyone care to do a caption and ID's? I still haven't recovered completely...

It would be great if we could remember the "not pictured" as well. I know a lot had come and gone by this time.

http://www.northlightworkshops.com/photo_album/photostock_2008/2008_photostock.jpg

mfophotos
06-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Bill -- I had a great time, and enjoyed meeting a great bunch of people. I look forward to seeing what I got on 24 rolls of film from that week. Just a digi shot that I also got on film, but this barn was way cool... http://www.flickr.com/photos/mfobrien/2622584455/
Marc and I had a great time driving around and shooting.
Thanks so much for hosting such a fun event!

Cheers,
Mark

Nicole
06-30-2008, 09:20 AM
What can I say, a fantastic event - well done Bill! Merlot was perfect!! :) The events were great!! Wish we had a few more days of this. It was a real pleasure to meet everyone that was there! I just loved the marshmellow sandwich (forgot the local term). You certainly don't need more than one! Dan's guitar playing and voice ( Firephoto ) by the fire at night was beautiful!! Thank you Dan!

You realise that it's all your turn to come to Australia now. ;)

Photostock was the highlight of my month long trip and pure relaxation. I'm off on my flight home now from Toronto (will be home Wednesday afternoon). I'll check back in when I get home.

Anyone on Skype that was at Photostock?

(I must sincerely apologise though, since I was the only person with Merlot bottles (can't say "It wasn't me!", I forgot to take them with me to throw in the rubbish - so sorry!! I hope someone took them - and wasn't cursing this Aussie too much.)

jmxphoto
06-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Wow, what an exended weekend! It was great meeting new people and reconnecting with those I met last year. I'd like to thank everyone for all the great conversations and sharing. Special thanks to Bill for organizing the event and opening his house and property to us all. Finally thanks to the presenters. I still feel like I'm decompressing from it all but I can't wait to see what I put on those 14 rolls of film!

Gim
06-30-2008, 10:32 AM
What a great gathering. Educational, inspirational, and with the finest group of people you can put together. And, its all your fault Bill. Thanks for all you do.

Marc Akemann
06-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Man, what a blast! That was the most fun I've had in quite a while. Bill you're an excellent host. Thank you many times over for all you did.

It was very fun watching Bill do his wet collodian process at his awesome trailer. His passion for it is more than evident and the results were magic.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting all the APUG'rs that were there over the last five days. What an absolute quality group of folks! It was great to meet and talk with the famous Nicole and assist her with the campfire shots of the singing and guitar-playing Dan "FirePhoto" Henderson (who was excellent!). Bombing around and photographing the beautiful countryside with one of the several Marks that were there, in this case, Mark "mfobrien" O'Brien, was great fun (thanks for the TechPan!). Hanging out and shooting with Tom "Toffle" from Canada was enjoyable, too (thanks for the Kodachrome 25!!!). Meeting the North Shore folks, Ike and Andrew and Thomas was great, as well. I'll see you guys in September! Can't mention everyone, but, for people like Vinny and Matt to come all the way from California, not to mention Nicole from Australia and Bob Carnie and his wife from Toronto, and others who drove for hours to attend, is a testament to Bill's integrity and, for that matter, to the integrity of Sean's APUG in general. Pretty cool stuff.

Anyway, the programs were excellent, the portfolios were jaw-dropping and I can't believe how fast it all went. I'm not one to wish my life away, but I can't wait for next year's Photostock!

Marc

haterbrack
06-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I want to echo the senitments of all the people who went to Photostock and had a great time. I look forward to next year and plan on coming and being more active. Bill, thanks for getting this organized and being a great host.
It's clear you are excited about your "new" process. It got me interested.
Thanks
Tony Terbrack
PS. the portfolios were amazing.

jd callow
06-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Tony,
Welcome to APUG!

Dan Henderson
06-30-2008, 12:48 PM
I just loved the marshmellow sandwich (forgot the local term). You certainly don't need more than one!

Nicole: It is a "S'more." As in "that was good, I want some more." I can see you need to return to the US for additional lessons in "proper" english!

Dan

Jerry Basierbe
06-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Dan,
I think Nicole must have been swatting some "muzzies" when you told her what they were called.

Jerry

North Light Press
06-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Welcome to APUG Tony! Glad you found the place. It was good of you to come by and I hope you'll come again.

Everyone.... Thank you again. You're making me blush considering all I did was provide a piece of dirt with trees, a tiny cabin and an unfinished house. It was all of you that made the event what it was. I'm still buzzing as I go through all my photos. I have to say that this was the best one yet and it was all of you that made it that way. We HAVE to do it again soon.

I want to get an online photo album together and hope that you'll send me a few of your snaps. I didn't get to go everywhere and I'd like to see what you all got yoursellves up to. I'd also like it if everyone could send me something personal that you did on the trip. A photograph for the "Alumni Gallery" on the website. Also send a link to your website if you have one so I can give it a plug with your photo page. Send it by replying to one of the newsletters that came your way prior to the gather. I can't wait to see what you all did with the place.

Thanks again to each and every one of you!

Bill

David Brown
06-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Group hug! :rolleyes:

We HAVE to do it again soon.

Just kidding. I am actually just a bit envious and want to crash this gathering next time it happens. If Nic can come from Oz (well, really from Toronto ...) then I could come from Texas. Yee Haw! :)

Jerry Basierbe
06-30-2008, 01:32 PM
We HAVE to do it again soon.

WINTER!!!

Jerry

dlin
06-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Bill, thank you for hosting another wonderful gathering. You are a class act and a real inspiration both as a photographer and as a human being. I had a wonderful time seeing old friends and making new ones. Seeing other people's work in person is always a highlight of these gatherings and this year was no exception. So many ways of seeing and each beautiful in their own way. I look forward to seeing people's photographs from the gathering here in the galleries and in person next year.

All the best,
Daniel

deisenlord
06-30-2008, 09:15 PM
What a great weekend, Ann and I were bummed to leave such a beautiful place and such wonderful people. It's humbling and inspiring to meet such talented and creative folks each year. Your gathering is definitely a highlight of my "photographic year".

Thanks man,
Ike

Jeff Bannow
07-01-2008, 07:48 AM
For those in attendance over the weekend, you saw Ted's bug shirt. Here's the link for those interested in ordering one - http://www.bugshirt.com. I'm thinking, as I sit here itching my mozzie bites, that it would have been nice to have over the weekend. :)

I developed my first 12 sheets, and they came out great. Not only did I get to meet all you great people, but it looks like I will be making some nice prints as well.