PDA

View Full Version : "Photostock 2008" - The 3rd Annual Northern Michigan Photographer's Gathering

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

billschwab
12-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Photostock 2008
The 3rd Annual Northern Michigan Photographer's Gathering
June 25 - 29, 2008
Cross Village, Michigan

Putting together the schedule for next year and decided on the dates for the gathering. Thinking it can never be too early to start planning, I hope you will be able to fit us on your schedule. Hoping those that have been can return and those that haven't can join us. The website has been updated and reservations are being accepted. Like this last year, we will have a block of rooms available at the Birchwood Inn in addition to camping on site.

I will also be looking for folks interested in doing demonstrations and presentations. Feel free to contact me if you have any ideas.

More info at the Website (http://www.northlightworkshops.com/workshops/michigan_gathering/index.html). Or you can go directly to Registration (http://www.northlightworkshops.com/workshops/register_form_gathering_2008.html) and get yourself on this year's mailing list.

Thanks!

Bill

Bob Carnie
12-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Bill

Signed up ,
Laura and I will be there, I hope Barney and Lucy are welcome too???

If the the hotel does not let in Mans best Friends , I will have to switch to dog friendy digs in the area, really looking forward to this event.

Bob

billschwab
12-09-2007, 10:34 AM
Laura and I will be there, I hope Barney and Lucy are welcome too???Most definitely! They'll love it. They can howl back at the coyotes. I'll check on the pet policy at the Birchwood, but I think they'll be welcome there as well.

Think summer!

Bill

Jerry Basierbe
12-09-2007, 11:03 AM
Great Bill. Just registered. I'm looking forward to it again.

Jerry

sbelyaev
12-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered.
Stan

smieglitz
12-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I'll be hauling my glass up there again.

Joe

Shawn Dougherty
12-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Bill,
I would really like to drive up but am in no position to say that with any certainty. If I do come I'll camp and be self sufficient. Hopefully you don't mind a last minute RSVP? Best. Shawn

billschwab
12-10-2007, 10:29 AM
Hopefully you don't mind a last minute RSVP? Best. ShawnNot at all Shawn! It would be great to have you up. I only put the announcement up early so that people could plan ahead.

Bill

PS. Happy to see so many reservations this early!

mjs
12-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered for camping. Where the action is! :)

Mike

billschwab
12-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Registered for camping. Where the action is! :)
Truth. Great to have you again Mike. Maybe you can do an Everclear moonshine run for us. :)

You're number 15 already Mike. Bring on the summer!

deisenlord
12-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Registered.
Ike

jp80874
12-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Registered.
Wouldn't miss it for the world.
What a great time last year was.
Looking forward to this one.

John Powers

Toffle
12-18-2007, 09:36 PM
That's a heavy work week for me, but I'll keep my options open for the weekend.

blaze-on
12-19-2007, 12:44 AM
I registered too...not sure if it will happen Bill, but I'll try.
Look forward to it.

jmxphoto
12-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Registered! I see you caught me chimpin in the pics form last year! I'll be camping this time for sure. Can't wait to see everyone again. Maybe I'll have some nifty prints this time. Did Jaime post that Cirkut picture of the group from last year?

-James

jamie young
12-24-2007, 07:46 AM
I happened to post the roundshot version today before looking at this thread. I'm hoping to go this year, but have to check the calender. I'll try to get to the cirkut soon.

Marc Akemann
12-29-2007, 10:10 PM
I registered tonight and I'm looking forward to the gathering! I'll be happily camping.

Marc

North Light Press
01-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just a note to say there are already over 30 people that have registered for this year's gathering! Thanks to all for getting onboard early. I may be asking for some additional help down the line! From under 2 feet of snow, I am looking forward to summer and this event more with each passing day!

Remember that we are looking for people to share demonstrations or presentations. If you have a plan, let me know.

As an addition to this year's gathering, I have added a workshop in Wet Plate Collodion with Joe "Smieglitz" Smigiel and I that will run for the 2 days prior to "Photostock", the 23rd and 24th of June. If interested, why not make it a whole week with us in the woods? More information can be found Here (http://www.northlightworkshops.com/workshops/collodion/).

Best, Bill Schwab

-----------------------------
www.northlightworkshops.com

Dan Henderson
01-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Bill: I'm planning on spending a few more days up there than I have been able to the first two years, so don't hesitate to ask if I can help with logistics or in any other way.
Dan

RobertP
01-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Hopefully the "whatsit wagon/photovan" will be done in time and pointed north, leaving a trail of ether fumes in its wake. Sounds like a ball! I hope to make it. Robert