PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition News - Ireland

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

monosnaps
11-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Looking forward to this one, great line-up, cant miss this, working next door so no excuses.

Vincent Brady
12-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Behind schedule but I just read a great article by Aidan Dunne in Saturday's edition of The Irish Times on the New York Exhibition in the IMMA. You owe it to yourself to visit it.

TEX

thefizz
04-28-2010, 04:04 AM
A friend of mine studying in IADT Dun Laoghaire asked me to spread the word regarding an exhibition they are opening this Thursday night. here's a copy of their press release.

"Loose Threads” Exploring Personal Legacies

Photography Exhibition by IADT Students 2010

In an ever-changing Ireland people are becoming more and more interested in their heritage and personal legacy. An exciting exhibition put on by Year Two Photography students from IADT-Dun Laoghaire explores these legacies through a diverse collection of intriguing and highly creative images. From a collection of landscapes of a family’s favorite places to enigmatic images of teenage life the exhibition hints at an Ireland redefining itself.

The Exhibition can be seen at Moxie Studios, Pembroke Row, from Friday 30th April until Friday 7th May 11-7pm. Special launch night on Thursday, 29th April from 7pm."

Droog
04-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Anyone passing the Alliance Française in Kildare Street might like to drop in to see the exhibition "Beckett's Paris" by John Minihan. It's in the Café des Amis on the ground floor, so croissants and coffee are hard to ignore.

http://afdublin.blogspot.com/2010/04/photographic-exhibition-becketts-paris.html

Vincent Brady
05-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Stephen Shore's Exhibition in the Douglas Hyde Gallery Trinity College

I went to the opening of the above exhibition which included a lecture by the photographer himself. This man knew Ansel Adams although his work is totally different and most of it is in colour. If you're passing that way be sure and drop in.

Cheers
Vincent

Vincent Brady
06-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Fragments of Ireland Exhibition
I travelled to Cobh yesterday to visit the David Eisenlord exhibition 'Fragments of Ireland' in the Sirius Arts Centre and was most impressed. The photo's of familiar Irish scenes are lent a totally new impression as they are produced using the gum platinum process which lends an old world atmosphere to them. I was lucky to meet David himself and he explained the whole process to me. It was for me a most enjoyable visit and I can recommend it without reservation.

hughitb
06-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Graduate Exhibition of the NCAD Photography and D****** Imaging Certificate takes place in NCAD Dublin this weekend (2nd-4th of July). It's on all day Friday, all day Saturday, and on Sunday afternoon. There is a small amount of analogue work in there (including my own). Full details here:

http://www.pdi2010.com

Fintan
06-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Good luck Hugh!!

seoirse
06-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Graduate Exhibition of the NCAD Photography and D****** Imaging Certificate takes place in NCAD Dublin this weekend (2nd-4th of July). It's on all day Friday, all day Saturday, and on Sunday afternoon. There is a small amount of analogue work in there (including my own). Full details here:

http://www.pdi2010.com

Best of luck with that Hugh.

I'd say it will be impressive judging by the link you provided there.

damienm
06-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Indeed, best of luck Hugh, must try pop along,

Damien

hughitb
06-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks all. It's probably remiss of me not to mention the fact that this exhibition is but one small part of the giant PhotoIreland festival taking place at numerous venues around the city from tomorrow .. full details here:

http://www.photoireland.org/

monosnaps
06-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Hugh, Hope to get in and see it along with some of the other exhibitions.

Vincent Brady
06-30-2010, 02:25 PM
That's great Hugh, best of luck with it.

Vincent Brady
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
PHOTO2011

The exhibition of the Dublin Camera Club is on now at the Dublin City Library, 138-144 Pearse Street, Dublin 2.

Exhibition is open to the public from 10am until 26th July.

This is the 64th exhibition of the club since 1947 and has over 260 images on display.

hughitb
07-23-2011, 05:55 AM
I am sure most people here are aware of the Photo Ireland events going on the moment but of particular interest to apuggers might be the Out Of The Darkroom exhibition that has just opened at IMMA. It's a private collection being donated to IMMA by a guy called David Cronn. He has been collecting photography for a long time now and I have to say it's absolutely awesome. Mostly consists of darkroom prints, some big names (Irving Penn, Herb Ritts, Adams, Mapplethorpe, Harry Callahan and more), lots of lesser known names too. Portraiture and plenty of (often semi-abstract) landscape. It's stunning ....

thefizz
07-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Sounds great Hugh. Thanks for letting us know.

MOPS
07-24-2011, 04:22 PM
OUT OF THE DARKROOM EXHIBITION IMMA.

Yes Hugh, I have had a quick look round the exhibition at IMMA. Some very good stuff on view there, worth a visit for anyone passing by. I work down the road from IMMA so have opportunity to go back several times!!.....Brian

Vincent Brady
07-25-2011, 11:10 AM
OUT OF THE DARKROOM EXHIBITION IMMA.

Yes Hugh, I have had a quick look round the exhibition at IMMA. Some very good stuff on view there, worth a visit for anyone passing by. I work down the road from IMMA so have opportunity to go back several times!!.....Brian

I was at a talk there on Saturday called 'What is Photography' which was very enjoyable.

Searcher
07-01-2012, 07:21 AM
http://www.michaelkenna.net/index2.php

http://www.molesworthgallery.com/exhibitions/index.html

Folks,

- Michael Kenna's first Exhibition in Ireland is currently showing at above, along with some iconic 20th century prints.

Rafal Lukawiecki
11-26-2012, 04:08 AM
Gerry, could you post info on where and when will your exhibition take place in Dublin? I would like to see it.