PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid 20x24 questions

Falkenberg
12-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Having seen many references for the Polaroid 20x24 cameras and film, I tried to find some more information on what equipment to use and what is involved. Is it correct that Polaroid produced some cameras in the 1970s. Wisner seems to be the only one to produce the filmholder and developer systems today.

Also there seems to be no mention on how it all works.

Please point me in the right direction for some interesting reading or video.

Best regards
Mikkel

joe monteiro
12-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Try www.mammothcamera.com

Joe

Falkenberg
12-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Any other links ?

Is it possible to buy the film and use on a homebuild 20x24. Does it need special filmholder and the developer ?

SeamusARyan
12-18-2007, 10:15 AM
I've used both the wisner and 2 of the original cameras and it's not for the faint hearted

there is tons of info out there, I assume you've googled it, plus there are several past threads about it with people like Tracy Storer (hope I spelled that right) who runs the camera on the West Coast (USA)

if they are not of help, pm me for more

TracyStorer
12-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Mr Falkenberg has contacted me and I will help him if I can.
As far as info on the web goes, it's not possible for the uninitiated to know the proper information from the mis-information, which seems available in much greater quantities.
There are a number of really good looking home-built cameras in a variety of sizes on the web, in fact, right here on APUG.
There are no plans or blueprints for Polaroid processors, Wisner reverse-engineered his from an existing prototype at Polaroid.