PDA

View Full Version : Wanna shoot my homemade panoramic camera?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

IOS
01-12-2008, 02:08 PM
I can add a Chicago shot !

DarkroomExperimente
01-12-2008, 02:42 PM
excellent..we need more pictures of Chicago

bogeyes
01-12-2008, 03:29 PM
I expect you will need an Isle of Wight image so add me to the list!

Steve. If the camera comes across the pond to the UK count me in.

DarkroomExperimente
01-12-2008, 03:39 PM
this is great...

by the time I get the camera(s) on the road I think it'll be going EVERYWHERE

Marc Akemann
01-13-2008, 01:41 AM
Bet you don't have a photo of Pinckney, Michigan? The village is on many maps that I've seen. ;) If you're interested, I can help you get that shot if you send me your cool homemade panoramic camera.

Marc

bjazz
01-13-2008, 10:16 AM
If there is still room, I would like to join as well.

I understand that I live in the same area as Ole, who is already on the list, but will take the picture in one of the fjords further south.

Ole
01-13-2008, 10:33 AM
I was planning to take a picture of one of the three places near here on the UNESCO World Heritage List - either Bryggen, or head a little north and take either Urnes stave Church or one of the fjords. :)

DarkroomExperimente
01-13-2008, 10:57 AM
this is getting interesting!

pesphoto
01-13-2008, 11:18 AM
I'll take a shot :)

wilsonneal
01-13-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm in, in New York City.
Neal

DarkroomExperimente
01-13-2008, 03:46 PM
this is turning into a big conspiracy to make me build more cameras -- which is a good thing.

Ole
01-13-2008, 03:52 PM
I like to use the lens from disposable cameras, but I'll be looking through my lens box to see if there's anything that might be more fun to use

I stop them down to about f/22

.....they can cover 6x6cm nicely and just barely cover 6x9cm, although you only see brighter objects at the edges at 6x9

I love the distortion & vignetting

So how about a 105, 80 or even 75mm lens off an old folder?

Tessars tend to break off too abruptly, but a triplet might just be the thing. "Perfection" could be an old 65mm Angulon, but I understand you're not after perfection?

maybe I have something useable. I'll have a look in the morning. :)

Mustafa Umut Sarac
01-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Darkroom Experimenter , I had been seen a russian camera at internet which takes 72 shots per 35mm roll. I think you need a this kind of stuff.
May be you can squeez a panaroma in to 18 x 24 mm size negative.
I advise you to put a kodachrome film in to the machine because they are the strongest to heat , humidify and time , if i m not wrong.
Anyone knows how to squeze a panorama in to very narrow area ?
I need a this kind of solution also

DarkroomExperimente
01-13-2008, 04:07 PM
not after perfection...but I think I should rise somewhat above my usual level of simplicity if so many people are going to spend time on this

if you have a spare lens that could work -- that would be excellent!

I think this could be a good excuse to make a couple different types of cameras I've been considering for a while.

I normally make rotating panoramic cameras & simple ones with insanely wide lenses. I've never made multiple-lens 360 panoramic cameras (film wrapped around a cylinder with multiple lenses creating the 360 degree view)...and this might be a good time to start

DarkroomExperimente
01-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Mustafa - I had thought of doing something like that for fun...small format on 35mm

hmmm...the cheap 35mm "panoramics" just used part of the film...perhaps you could get 72 panoramic images simply by masking differently and using the upper & lower halves of the 24x36mm frame instead of justing wasting the unused area?

Ole
01-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Mustafa, I think what you are looking for is an anamorphic cinema lens!

those are the ones that are made to shoot wide-screen on 35mm film, sideways. They do this by compressing the horizontal, and then the movie is projected with another anamorphic lens restoring the correct proportions.

DarkroomExperimente
01-13-2008, 05:00 PM
wow that's interesting--I never knew that

Mustafa Umut Sarac
01-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Ole - Is there a way to accomplish that anamorph , someone told me to use two cylinderical lenses or i read that panavision started to lens business with inventing triangular prisms for cinema.
Is it a fantasy for DIY people or is there a way to do it ?

Darkroom Experimenter - You are right , you can may be make first shot to the top of film than when roll finishes , you scroll it back and start again with taking from the bottom part , it is less complicated.
But it increase the chance of losing the camera in mail. 72 different people ...
I think developing a excellent camera system and publish its plans at internet than to ask the people to build and make 36 shots per people is more interesting.
Like a sperm and egg story :)
Like a big brother :)

DarkroomExperimente
01-13-2008, 07:30 PM
interesting ideas...you're right...sending film through twice is much simpler

Great idea about uploading plans & having everyone make one....perhaps a document for people to print out & use as a template for making a camera out of cardboard could work too

I just finished developing a single frame of 35mm film for one of my smaller cameras...I was thinking---why do this in "serial" fashion? I can just make 25 single frame cameras and we all shoot at the same time...much faster

Steve Smith
01-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Great idea about uploading plans & having everyone make one....

I would be interested in this too.

Another panoramic format I have thought about using in the past is 25 x 60mm on 120 film. Should get about 30 images on a roll.

Steve.