PDA

View Full Version : Can I play too?

Ian Leake
12-29-2007, 07:17 AM
I really like this print trading idea, so here goes...

I'm offering a copy of the print I posted yesterday (Holly (http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=30916&ppuser=5914)). Actually it's the print I made the scan from. It's a Platinum/Palladium contact print on Buxton paper dry mounted onto a larger sheet of Chateau Vellum (both papers are hand made by Ruscombe Mill in Margaux, France). The print itself is about 7.25" square; the mounting sheet is about 18" x 15". It's number one of an open edition.

I live in London and will happily ship anywhere in the world - for the right print as a trade of course ;).

PM me if you're interested or would like any further information.

Ian Leake
12-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Trade agreed: Thomas' Wisconsin Capitol Building (http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=30561&limit=1) is popular :). Thanks Thomas.

Thomas Bertilsson
12-29-2007, 11:14 PM
Thank you, Ian! Looking forward to receiving your print too! This is fun and an awesome idea by Jason!
- Thomas

SuzanneR
12-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Thomas... you will not be sorry! I have one of Ian's prints, and they are gorgeous!!

Ian Leake
12-30-2007, 08:51 AM
You're too kind Suzanne :)

Thomas Bertilsson
12-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Suzanne, Ian speaks highly of a print of yours that he has too!

I am really looking forward to it, and never thought it would be a gamble to trade for any of Ian's prints. His work is gorgeous.

Suzanne, you should come and play print exchange with us... :)

- Thomas

Ian Leake
12-31-2007, 01:47 PM
I do indeed. Your stepping stones are on my wall and lots of other people have also said how much they like it. So come on in, the water's great... :)

Thomas Bertilsson
02-25-2008, 07:11 PM
So, I have received a print from Ian, and still owe him one. I have to say that the first hand impression of these platinum prints is very high indeed. Mine will soon go up on the wall after I can afford some more mat board.
It is a fantastic print that I cherish. This personal trading is the cat's meow.

I'm putting one more up for trade here soon.

- Thomas

Thomas Bertilsson
03-28-2008, 02:33 PM
After a little while of living with Ian's print. I look at it every few days or so, it is really nicely done. I have never managed such gentle tonal gradations, and am just plain impressed with his work. Soft, contemplative, meditative, dreamy. It has all those qualities I look for in a photograph I take to heart. Thanks again, Ian! You are really good at what you do.
- Thomas

Ian Leake
03-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks Thomas - your print is exquisite. I think I "won" this exchange :).

And everyone who's out there wondering whether to do a print trade here - what are you waiting for!

SuzanneR
03-28-2008, 03:07 PM
It's fun... in fact, Thomas and I just completed a trade!! :D :D His portrait is gorgeous!!

Thomas Bertilsson
03-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Yep, and Suzanne is a REALLY fricken good printer too. The scans on this web site do her prints absolutely no justice. I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to play with Jason, Ian, and Suzanne.
Soon I'll offer up something here for trade.
- Thomas