PDA

View Full Version : Looking over old posts

Photo Engineer
12-31-2007, 09:17 PM
You know, reading over old posts, I gather the impression that people think I can only make emulsions up to the 20s or 30s or 40s, but in fact, my emulsion knowledge extends to about 1999 in terms of actual production emulsions.

The point being, that I have CHOSEN to make emulsions from the 20s or 30s for the convenience of those who cannot or will not adopt automated making methods. Modern emulsion making requires carefully metered flow rates and measurements. So, in this new year, I wanted you to know that behind the formulas I'm working on for non-automated emulsion making in the small lab are a whole new class of double run controlled emulsions for you all if you want to spend the money and time.

One person remarked that cubic pure bromide emusions were rare. I got quite a laugh out of this as the Kodak standard, used in quite a few products, is a cubic pure bromide emulsion.

So, if or when I can get the proper equipment, you will see a change in the nature of my formulas.

Happy New Year.

PE

Bruce Osgood
12-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Happy New Year to you too, and keep on truckin'.

rmazzullo
12-31-2007, 09:43 PM
...... So, in this new year, I wanted you to know that behind the formulas I'm working on for non-automated emulsion making in the small lab are a whole new class of double run controlled emulsions for you all if you want to spend the money and time......

......Happy New Year.

PE

PE,

YES!!! Bring 'em on!!

Happy New Year to you, too...

Bob M.

John Bartley
01-01-2008, 07:05 AM
Happy New Year Ron!!

Keep posting ... I'll keep reading :)

cheers eh?

ben-s
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm all ears when it comes to more automated stuff!
Happy new year to you too. May it be liberally laced with silver and gelatin... :D