PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Home?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Brian Gatien
05-24-2008, 08:27 AM
I suggest that you southerners start another thread with a title that might garner some notice, something like "Toronto beers" or "Toronto social gathering" or "South Central Canada Photographic Constitutional Talks"... oh wait, that last one will get too much attention. Anyway, I would suggest a date near Nicole Boenig-McGrade's workshop mid-June at Elevator or Les McLean's end-of-June workshop. Otherwise you might have to wait until Rob Skeoch's fall get-together in the west end.
Just my thoughts from the north.
Brian

Les McLean
05-25-2008, 06:04 PM
I'd be up for that Brian, I'll be there on 14th June. Do you want Bushmills single malt or would you like to try a different one this time Brian?

Brian Gatien
05-26-2008, 04:47 PM
Les,
I have taken a vow to not go near Bushmills when you are around! I do plan to stay coherent and capable of accomplishing something. And no more of that orange stuff.
Anyway, I am going to start a new thread to see if we can get any committed interest to a social thing. So you are in Toronto early in June and will be around until the end of the month?
Brian

Clay2
06-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Hi Bill, Hi Mary, Hi All,
I am here in Richmond Hill from November to May, but about to leave for
My farm up near Mary for the summer/fall . Know where Furnace Falls is
East of Kinmount on the Irondale river Mary ?

/Clay

Mike Wilde
06-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Hi Bill, Hi Mary, Hi All,
I am here in Richmond Hill from November to May, but about to leave for
My farm up near Mary for the summer/fall . Know where Furnace Falls is
East of Kinmount on the Irondale river Mary ?

/Clay

There is a a nice picnic area right at the falls. I shot my last roll of 120 Agfa APX 25 on the cascade as it comes over the section where all of the rocks have split into rectangular blocks.

We have used Highway 503 quite a few tmes, on the way back from jaunts up the Ottawa Valley, or to the south end of Algonquin or to spots around Bancroft and then on in the 'back way' to Orillia to visit my mom.

From Orillia the route is known to me as the Monck (colonization) Road. I presume that the farm is more recreational in these days. Oh it must have been a hard life for the early settlers once the humus from the forests was consumed and they learned that under the thin top layer there were not many nutrients in most of the soil.

For an interesting bit of research on an area not far from you, look up Longford Township, formerly victoria county, now town of ramara. The colonization company that owned the land back in the 1850's figured out it was not quite up for farming, and sold it to a lumber company. The county got sick of paying to fix the roads that the lumber company operations damaged, and so they sold all of the road allowances to the lumber company as well. Today some 150 years later it is a fish and game clubs private township.