PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Home?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Uncle Bill
01-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Looks like I am the first poster here, how many APUGer's are in the GTA?

Bill

Nick Zentena
01-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Formerly -)

Nigel
01-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Well, with you and I, I guess we are up to two.

jgcull
01-05-2008, 10:48 AM
What's the GTA?

Uncle Bill
01-05-2008, 12:33 PM
GTA stands for Greater Toronto Area or for the locals another term for the Golden Horeshoe in south central Ontario. Geographically it extends from Oshawa in the East to roughly Stoney Creek on the south side of Lake Ontario and up to perhaps now almost to Aurora/Newmarket in the North (though Barrie could be the new boundry in five years). Roughly 25% of Canada's population lives in or near this region .

B&WJeff
01-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Jeff in Mr. & Mrs.ssauga sez "HI !!!"

PhotoJim
01-05-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm not from Toronto, but I get there two or three times a year and I am the proud owner of a 416 VoIP number, so it's as if I live there. :)

Uncle Bill
01-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Jim,

The 416 VoIP number qualifies. I take for business?

Bill

PhotoJim
01-06-2008, 10:03 AM
The 416 VoIP number qualifies. I take for business?

No, actually - I got it because I found myself in Toronto quite frequently and it allows me to call home for free when I travel alone.

I can also conditionally forward it so that Torontonians can call me for free when I'm in Toronto.

I may also be a bit of a phone geek...

pjriley
01-09-2008, 06:40 AM

Bill

Hi Bill. I just joined apug and I'm in Fenelon Falls. Near Lindsay. NE of To:p
Mary

Dinesh
01-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Any and all, come out for a pint.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum244/45988-pints-toronto.html

Mike Wilde
01-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Mike Wilde here- living in Misissuaga, in the south end of town, almost rubbing shoulders with those in new Oakville. If you are from old Oakville you know that anything north of the QEW is just not the town it used to be.

Timothy will likely chime in - he lives here as well, just south of the Britannia Farm.

Uncle Bill, if you were agitaing for this regional sub forum, thanks for the effort If not, thanks to whoever.

Dinesh - I saw the pints invite - I am signed up to attending a Portrait Photo casual interest night school course on that Wednesday. It is the second week of the course. I was going to borrow a digithing point and shoot and attend the first night incognito to see if desparaging words are spoken about film. If so, I might be a late joiner to the social event instead, and blow off the second week class. I cant give up just yet film - I have just started to shoot 4x5, and then to improve my DOF in the studio I just spent a wad on a 2400w/s old speedotron flash pack and three heads kit.

Dinesh
01-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Mike Wilde here- living in Misissuaga, in the south end of town, almost rubbing shoulders with those in new Oakville. If you are from old Oakville you know that anything north of the QEW is just not the town it used to be.

Timothy will likely chime in - he lives here as well, just south of the Britannia Farm.

Uncle Bill, if you were agitaing for this regional sub forum, thanks for the effort If not, thanks to whoever.

Dinesh - I saw the pints invite - I am signed up to attending a Portrait Photo casual interest night school course on that Wednesday. It is the second week of the course. I was going to borrow a digithing point and shoot and attend the first night incognito to see if desparaging words are spoken about film. If so, I might be a late joiner to the social event instead, and blow off the second week class. I cant give up just yet film - I have just started to shoot 4x5, and then to improve my DOF in the studio I just spent a wad on a 2400w/s old speedotron flash pack and three heads kit.

No worries Mike, we would love to see you there if you can make it. I have been perstering Sean for a bit about a Toronto subforum just so I could find more people (not named Bob Carnie) to drink with. :p

Doubrovsky
01-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi,

Just joined. I'm from Oakville, work in Toronto.

Regards.
Victor.

pjriley
01-09-2008, 01:22 PM

Bill

hi Bill
I just joined apug...I'm a photojournalist at a newspaper in Lindsay, (near Peterborough). While I shoot digital at work, I've just ordered a rangefinder and am going back to film in my leisure time. I live in the Kawartha Lakes region...cottage country:D
Mary

brimc76
01-10-2008, 06:43 AM
I just noticed the Toronto forum was running. I'm up in Uxbridge (not far from you in Lindsay, Mary). I get in to the city once in a while but not vey often now. I used to work at Adelaide and Bay but got transferred to Richmond Hill 3 years ago.

Brian

Uncle Bill
01-10-2008, 07:07 AM

I think Dinesh lobbied for the regional forum, I posted first and got conversation going.

I live South of the QEW in "Olde Oakville" and I find everything north of Upper Middle Road to be alien territory. It sort of fell out of the sky one year.

Todd Barlow
01-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I am very happy to see a GTA / Southerm Ontario regional group.

I live in Oranageville and work in Mississauga. I returned to photography about 4 years ago after being away from it for twenty years. APUG has been a great resource to improve my skills and always available with info and answers from some great people.

I am a black and white user, 35mm and 120 but interested in trying 4x5. I built a home darkroom a few years ago but do not get to use it as much as I would like.

Looking forward to seeing more replys and opportunities to maybe meet and possibly plan some outings!

Best regards to all!

Todd

Uncle Bill
01-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Outings would be cool, I shoot from time to time up near Forks of the Credit Provincal Park.

GM Bennett
01-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Bill - hi from Waterloo. Plenty close enough to the GTA!

Graham