PDA

View Full Version : Any Long Island Large Formatters out there?

Frank Hoerauf
01-08-2008, 02:41 PM
It surprises me that with over 6 million people living in the metro area that NY doesnt have a more active regional group. Sooo I was just wondering if there are any lfers that might want to correspond or go shoot once in a while I would be interested. I shoot with 4x5 dorff, mamiya rz 67, and just picked up a 8x10 century studio.

Bruce Osgood
01-08-2008, 02:46 PM
If you count Brooklyn as part of LI them I'm here as well as some others. I shoot 4X5 Tachi. I'm most always interested in a group shoot.

copake_ham
01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
It surprises me that with over 6 million people living in the metro area that NY doesnt have a more active regional group. Sooo I was just wondering if there are any lfers that might want to correspond or go shoot once in a while I would be interested. I shoot with 4x5 dorff, mamiya rz 67, and just picked up a 8x10 century studio.

Actually, there are over 20 million in the NY Metro area. ;)

As to LI - there are a few active folk on and I suspect they'll check in here soon enough.

Frank Hoerauf
01-09-2008, 09:49 AM
If you count Brooklyn as part of LI them I'm here as well as some others. I shoot 4X5 Tachi. I'm most always interested in a group shoot.

sounds great bruce,i checked ot your portfolio...very nice. i really liked that abandonded factory shot. maybe we could do a brooklyn shoot, seems like you might know some good spots. i did see someone on sunrise highway b4 xmas with a 4x5 toyo shooting the merrick train station, but i was working and could not stop. keep in touch.....frank

aj-images
01-11-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm in NJ but would travel to the island if you get something together, - Jim

TheFlyingCamera
01-11-2008, 09:23 AM
If you get a really good idea put together, I can probably roust a couple of the DC guys for a trip up.

c6h6o3
01-11-2008, 02:05 PM
If you get a really good idea put together, I can probably roust a couple of the DC guys for a trip up.

I don't need an excuse to travel to New York. So that makes at least two of us.

Jayson
08-06-2008, 01:14 PM

I am a comercial photographer here in the city. I am desperate for 100T color tungsten film or NPL 160. Any knowledge of any?

M.A.Longmore
08-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Ron, from Islip, NY !
I haven't pressed a cable release since 1981 .
I am ready to get the camera back on the tripod .
I have the equipment , just don't remember how to use it .
Could definitely use some help and advice .
Also looking to join a camera club in the Suffolk county area,
if such things still exist .

eddie gunks
09-01-2009, 05:53 PM
hey ron,

come out and play this weekend:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum140/65799-steam-town-pa-again-sept-4-5-a.html

John Armbrust
09-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Count me in...just getting settled in Westbury, up from Florida. I shoot with a kodak Master View 8X10....

Rick A
09-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Welcome to Apug John. I think you missed the gathering from this post, slightly, but hey it never hurts to call up another round.

M.A.Longmore
09-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Count me in...just getting settled in Westbury, up from Florida. I shoot with a kodak Master View 8X10....
Welcome To APUG John !

Methinks, we might have a group for you.
I just sent you an invitation to join The Long Island @ Large Format Group.
But, I'm only using a wee 4X5 Camera, at the moment ...
There is also The Manhattan MeetUp Group, I've met with them twice in the
past few months. And those guys seem to like to MeetUp in Brooklyn every
once in a while. You should consider joining that group also.

Enjoy The Weekend !

Ron

John Armbrust
09-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Yes I did...by just a couple years! I will keep my eye on the forum for newer gatherings!

sokrasins
09-16-2011, 08:20 PM
You beat me to it Ron!

John, feel free to join our manhattan meetups! I just sent you an invite to the group. We've been meeting about once a month. If there's anywhere in particular you'd like to explore, feel free to make a suggestion!

rmann
09-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi John -

I'm always interested in a Long Island gathering/meet up - will also watch for future postings.