PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Day with Les Mc Lean?

Pages : [1] 2

Síle
01-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Focus On Ireland brings Les Mc Leans popular “Street Photography Workshop” to Dublin for the annual St. Patrick’s Day festival (www.stpatricksday.ie)more details to follow.

Síle

Dinesh
01-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Wow! I'd sell Les' soul to be at that festival! :p

Fintan
01-12-2008, 04:18 PM
This will be just unmissable for anyone wishing to see a bit of Ireland and learn some Photography in seriously good company.

I hope to join in the fun at some stage.

Síle
01-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Wow! I'd sell Les' soul to be at that festival! :p

We also accept cash Dinesh... ;)

This will be just unmissable for anyone wishing to see a bit of Ireland and learn some Photography in seriously good company.

I hope to join in the fun at some stage.

Looking forward to it already Fintan!

Síle

thebanana
01-12-2008, 07:50 PM
I'd sell Dinesh's soul to attend, but he doesn't have one, so what to do? BTW, does he still owe you guys $$ for drinks?

Fintan
01-13-2008, 05:00 PM
does he still owe you guys $$ for drinks?

I believe he skipped a round which is an extraditable offence here in Ireland. We want him back to face...the barman :D

I hope to meet a few more APUGers and hoping some sign up on this Tour.

dferrie
01-13-2008, 05:40 PM
I believe he skipped a round which is an extraditable offence here in Ireland. We want him back to face...the barman :D

It's also a good reason for being locked into the bar until the round has been bought and paid for.

We are looking forward to this workshop/tour, a chance to spend time with Les, with a variety of shooting subjects, during a big party, talk about win-win.

Naturally APUGers are very welcome to join us, look forward to seeing you Fintan.

David

Dinesh
01-13-2008, 06:26 PM

If you guys can sell it to my wife, I'll bet there! :p

Forget about The Banana, the reason he is so named is that he has deep pockets and no arms!

dferrie
01-14-2008, 03:43 AM
If you guys can sell it to my wife, I'll bet there! :p

Dinesh,

Don't forget the Irish don't need to kiss the Blarney stone, I'm sure we can sell it your wife. Either that or bring her with you!

David

thefizz
01-14-2008, 04:28 AM
Good luck with the tour guys, just don't let Dinesh join as he'll only fall asleep after two pints :rolleyes:

fluffy_penguins
01-14-2008, 07:49 AM
I am *seriously* tempted...

dferrie
01-14-2008, 09:09 AM
I am *seriously* tempted...

Myself or Síle will send you full details shortly, just to tempt you that little bit more!

David

Síle
01-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Final details to be posted shortly, but the dates and schedule is as follows :-
Sunday 16th March - Les will lead an outing to two shooting locations in Wicklow and follow it with a talk introducing Street Photography in preparation for the following day’s outing to Dublin and the St.Patrick’s Day Festival.

Monday 17th March - St.Patrick's Day Festival street photography

Tuesday 18th March - Shooting with Les at Glendalough 6th Century Monastic settlement and lakes

Síle

thefizz
01-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Sounds good, where is the talk on Street Photography being held Sile?

Síle
01-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Sounds good, where is the talk on Street Photography being held Sile?

Hey Peter,

The plan is to have it in the hotel conference room in Bray .. to be confirmed by the weekend.

Síle

dferrie
01-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that after discussions with Les it has been agreed that there will be an optional digital element to the workshop whereby participants will be able to do some digital printing with Les and go home with a print, he will also cover matte cutting.

Traditional photography will naturally be more than welcome but to keep within the philosophy of APUG, we felt that it would be more appropriate that the full details in HybridPhoto, for those that are interested it can be found at:

http://www.hybridphoto.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6105#post6105

We would like to stress that film photographers are very welcome to attend.

David

Fintan
01-24-2008, 10:07 AM
what time are you guys starting on the sunday?

i'm trying to figure if i can make it over for the day, i'll have a big bag of film though and may need a donkey and cart to help me carry it :D

dferrie
01-24-2008, 10:37 AM
what time are you guys starting on the sunday?

i'm trying to figure if i can make it over for the day, i'll have a big bag of film though and may need a donkey and cart to help me carry it :D

We will be setting out from Bray around 10am and heading to Enniskerry village followed by Powerscourt Gardens. Donkeys are in short supply, but we'll try organise a cart for you ;)

David

Rafal Lukawiecki
02-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, if that is the route you take you will have to pass by my house. :-) Drinks on offer in the garden... Seriously, I think I would love to join this event. I hope I can reschedule my travel to be here over the weekend.

Rafal

Síle
02-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Well, if that is the route you take you will have to pass by my house. :-) Drinks on offer in the garden... Seriously, I think I would love to join this event. I hope I can reschedule my travel to be here over the weekend.

Rafal

Hope you can join us too Rafal, let me know if you manage to reschedule your plans, and we'll hopefully see you for one or more of the workshops!

Síle