PDA

View Full Version : Lith Print Exchange Round 2

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

vet173
03-29-2008, 12:09 AM
My prints will be going out tomorrow. Lith printing is a lot of fun. QUALITY lith printing was a lot more work than I thought. 12 hours in the darkroom to get 6 prints that met the grade. Accepting what falls is one thing. Romancing the paper as Wolfgang indicated, to give me what I wanted proved to be harder than Regular printing. I did learn a lot about replenishment on the fly though.

Mark Fisher
03-29-2008, 01:06 AM
All of my exchange friends should have my prints by now (sent about 2 wks ago).
I sent two figuring if you can't do quality, go for quantity (:. I made the first, maple leaf on Ravine beach, then found another I liked better.....so I sent both. The other is The Pipe Corner of the South (different paper in gallery, not as good as the ones sent out ): ). Both prints were on Kentmere warmtone VC semimatt in Labor Partner lith from a 35mm neg and are in the gallery.

matti
03-29-2008, 10:42 AM
My prints will be going out tomorrow. Lith printing is a lot of fun. QUALITY lith printing was a lot more work than I thought. 12 hours in the darkroom to get 6 prints that met the grade. Accepting what falls is one thing. Romancing the paper as Wolfgang indicated, to give me what I wanted proved to be harder than Regular printing. I did learn a lot about replenishment on the fly though.

Well that is just the thing. Often I like my first print. Then I like my second better. And then it just goes on until I feel something even better around the corner; just as the developer gets red and dies.

Now I have four prints that I really like. (Remembered to keep one for myself this time...) But then I had those new negatives developed and am going down to the darkroom tonight to see what will happen.

/matti

Travis Nunn
03-31-2008, 09:12 PM
I sent two figuring if you can't do quality, go for quantity (:. I made the first, maple leaf on Ravine beach, then found another I liked better.....so I sent both. The other is The Pipe Corner of the South (different paper in gallery, not as good as the ones sent out ): ). Both prints were on Kentmere warmtone VC semimatt in Labor Partner lith from a 35mm neg and are in the gallery.

Hi Mark, I just received your prints today. What do you mean if you can't do quality go for quantity? I think these are some very nice prints. I particularly like the leaf. Such texture! The lith process really works for this print.

Hopefully I will have mine in the mail this weekend.

Thanks again Mark

Travis Nunn
04-04-2008, 06:33 PM
My lith prints went out in today's mail. Hopefully they will find there way safely :)

mikeg
04-06-2008, 12:07 PM

Sorry Mark, your print hasn't reached the UK yet. I'll let you know when it does.

I managed to do 2 prints I'm happy with a couple of weeks ago, but I've been away since then. Hopefully, I'll get the final one done this week.

Cheers

Mike

sly
04-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Vet 173, I recieved your print yesterday. Thanks! I love the tangerine tones in it. Can you supply any technical info? Any toner used, or is this tone inherent to the paper/developer combination you use?
I've done some work for this exchange, but am not yet happy with what I've got. I'll get something out sometime this month

nze
04-06-2008, 04:59 PM
I am also not happy with my first batch for this trade. I'll do another tonight and Should ship this week.

Fintan
04-06-2008, 05:23 PM
I did some printing today but I dont think I'm completely happy with my prints so I might re-do. When I got to the point I wanted my dev went off, pity.

vet173
04-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Vet 173, I recieved your print yesterday. Thanks! I love the tangerine tones in it. Can you supply any technical info? Any toner used, or is this tone inherent to the paper/developer combination you use?
I've done some work for this exchange, but am not yet happy with what I've got. I'll get something out sometime this month PM sent.

Mark Fisher
04-08-2008, 10:37 PM
I received Travis' print today and it is simply amazing.....I don't want to spoil it for those who have not received it, but it is only the second exchange print that I plan to frame....'nuff said

Travis Nunn
04-08-2008, 10:43 PM
I received Travis' print today and it is simply amazing.....I don't want to spoil it for those who have not received it, but it is only the second exchange print that I plan to frame....'nuff said

OK, now I'm blushing...
Seriously, though, I'm glad you like it. I also have one hanging on my wall.

vet173
04-09-2008, 01:49 AM
I received Travis' print today and it is simply amazing.....I don't want to spoil it for those who have not received it, but it is only the second exchange print that I plan to frame....'nuff said I got spoiled today and I think Mark pretty much described it for me too.

semeuse
04-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I finally got some prints I am (somewhat) happy with and will be shipping them out today. Sorry for the delay everybody, but sometimes things don't work out quite the way....well,.. whatever. That really doesn't matter, and it's all just looking for excuses anyway :rolleyes:
At any rate, these are going out today. And I am looking forward to seeing everyone's work :)

sly
04-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Semeuse, no apologies needed. You're not behind schedule. Nor am I, though I do not yet have prints ready. According to the beginning of this thread,the prints are to go out by the end of April. We've got a number of hot shot non-procrastinators, who are making the rest of us look bad and feel guilty.
That deadline is creeping up on us, so I've got to stop procrastinating at the computer, and get on it.

vet173
04-09-2008, 01:03 PM
I got spoiled today and I think Mark pretty much described it for me too. My bad. The print I received was for the group exchange. I broke my brain and can't get up. Comments still apply.

nze
04-09-2008, 02:36 PM
I've shipped mine.

semeuse
04-09-2008, 10:36 PM
oh,....so I was actually on time for once? I thought the deadline was the end of March :rolleyes:

mikeg
04-14-2008, 06:08 PM
I received Mark's two prints the other day. Hard to choose between them, my wife prefers the leaf one. I like them both! Thanks Mark.

Today I received Travis' lovely gold toned print. Thanks to you too Travis.

Cheers

Mike

Travis Nunn
04-14-2008, 06:26 PM
...Today I received Travis' lovely gold toned print. Thanks to you too Travis.

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike, glad the print made it there safely!